The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Raised from the dead


by hilsonlover


House jammed on the brakes.

It didn't stop the car from spinning around in spiraling circles and skidding down a bank. It landed in the river with a big splash.

Wilson frantically fumbled at the buckle of his seat-belt with trembling fingers. Where the heck did the doe come from? Finally he got the buckle to open and turned to a very pale imitation of Greg House.

"Are you okay?" He asked with obvious concern in his voice.

"Yeah, but I can't get the buckle to open."

House breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Wilson seemed to be unharmed. The brown eyes appeared much bigger than usual, a sharp contrast to the pallor of his face, but with no obvious injury.

Wilson tried to open House's buckle but failed.

"Do you have a knife anywhere?"

"Do I look like I travel with weapons all the time?"

"You don't want me to answer this question truthfully, do you?"

Before House was able to retort the car gave a loud squeaking noise and the nose of the car slowly slid under the water. Water began to flow into the car in a steady stream.

"House, now is not the time to fool around! Do you have a knife or anything else I can use?"

Wilson's voice was high-pitched, he was rapidly starting to panic. He joggled again at the buckle which still wouldn't open. He was startled when House's hand covered his own. Wilson looked up and gulped at the blank expression on House's face, shaking his head to answer the question. The brisk command that came in the next moment left Wilson openly gaping.

"Get the hell outta here!"

"What?" Wilson's voice was reduced to a high-pitched squeak now.

"The car is submerging. Get out of here!"

"Did you hit your head or what?! I won't leave you in here, we -"

Wilson gave a strangled cry when House grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him hard with an angry expression on his face.

"You will get out of here now!"

"Geez, House, don't be so dramatically. I will find som -"

The slap made a smacking sound and swiveled Wilson's face around. Tears stung in his eyes as he turned his face back all the while touching his swollen cheek. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off in advance.

"No, you'll listen to me! Act reasonable. Get out of the car, call the rescue center. They'll cut me out."

"But the car is sinking! We have to get you out now!"

"Do you want to rescue me? Then get out of the car, do what you should have done when you freed yourself instead of playing hero!"

It felt like being punched hard in his guts. Wilson's first impulse was to defend himself but at the dark glare from House he quickly turned and crawled cautiously out of the car through the window. He slid into the cold water glancing at House with fear.

"Just stay there and watch if you want to kill me."

House didn't regret the cruelty of his words, it was the only way to persuade Wilson to leave him. He did regret that these might be the last words they were able to exchange and they would surely send Wilson on a lifelong guilt-trip. He felt a stab of pain when he thought of the hurt and scared look on Wilson's face. He evoked an image of a smiling Wilson as the car submerged under the surface; his lungs filling with dirty water.

**********************

Wilson immediately scrambled to his feet on the bank. A young woman helped him up and told him that the rescue center had already been informed. A loud gasp from an elderly woman got Wilson's attention. He was horrified to see water sloshing over the roof of House's car.

"Do you have a knife or anything sharp?" He asked in a voice displaying utter despair.

"Um, I think I have a scissors in my purse," the elderly woman answered.

"Give it to me!"

"You can't rescue him, young man."

Wilson screamed at her on the top of his lungs "Give me the damn scissor!"

Given that the woman only clutched her purse more tightly to her chest he ripped it off her, poured the contents on the ground and searched for the scissors. He snatched at it and jumped back in the cold water, not listening to the women begging him to stay.

He swam in the direction where he had left the car and almost panicked when he couldn't find it at his first attempt. He was sobbing hoarsely in utter frustration after the third attempt. How long had House been under the water by now? He could hear sirens in the distance and dove again.

He all but dropped the scissors when he found the car, quickly squeezed himself through the window again and fumbled with the scissor on House's seat-belt. His lungs were burning at the time he had cut the belt. Little black points were dancing in his vision when he looked in the lifeless blue eyes of House. Adrenalin rushed through him and gave him new strength. He dragged House out of the car, taking in some deep breaths of air when he finally breached the water surface. He could see rescue workers running down the bank and put all his remaining strength in swimming back to safety with House in tow. A paramedic helped him drag House onto solid ground while another paramedic tried to usher him away.

"I'm a doctor!" Wilson cried out while angrily shaking off the paramedics hands. The paramedic realized that it would be easier to let Wilson stay and decided that he didn't seem to be in direct need of medical care.

The reanimation was successful in an instant.

House coughed out a lot of water and started bitching about being cold directly. Wilson was sitting on his knees, dropping his chin to his chest, collapsing back upon himself. Laughter bubbled out of him while he listened to House petulantly whining about everything. It was the most wonderful thing he had ever heard.

A warm blanket was thrown over his shoulders and the elderly woman kneeled beside him. She hugged him, then said "I was wrong. Good luck to you and your friend."

He wanted to thank her, to reciprocate the hug. Truth to be told he wanted to embrace the whole world.

Instead darkness overwhelmed him.

*****************

Wilson woke up with a start. He surely had had a very lively nightmare ... Then he recognized that he was strapped on a gurney, lying in an ambulance.

"Ah, you're awake. That's good, you really gave us a scare. Playing hero after lacking food and swimming in icy water didn't agree with your circulation," the paramedic explained.

"House?" Wilson croaked.

"The one you rescued? He's in the other ambulance."

"'s he alright?" Wilson was chilled to the bones and shaking violently.

"Yes. Is he always this bitchy?"

"No," Wilson chuckled, "he's worse normally."

Both ambulances arrived at the hospital shortly one after the other. House and Wilson were examined thoroughly but weren't able to see each other, just a short glimpse after their arrival. Wilson was taken off the IV drip when it was clear that he fainted because of a slight shock in combination with low blood sugar and the beginning of a hypothermia. Cuddy insisted that he stay in the hospital for observation which he agreed to after some heated arguments. Despite of their agreement he didn't get a room, he went for a very hot shower, dressed himself in scrubs and an old sweater he kept for emergencies at the hospital.

He walked to House's room where he learned that House had some trouble with his breathing and showed signs of getting a fever. Wilson still felt hollow at the memory of House's last harsh words to him. He knew that he was acting irrational but he had to stay here with House, in case something would happen. So he hunkered down in a big chair, curling up in a ball. He was sound asleep only a few moments later. Someone took pity on him and threw a thick blanket over him.

His neck complained of his sleeping-position the whole next day. Fortunately, House slept through the night and the fever went down. House lamented loudly about having to suffer the hospital food. Wilson was so glad House was acting like nothing had ever happened, foremost acting like his brain didn't suffer any damage that he volunteered to provide edible food; which he did at least three times a day for the next four days.

Wilson visited House regularly to bring him food and generally to keep him company. A part of him knew that he checked on House on a regular base because of his recurring nightmare he recently had developed. They talked about everything except the car accident and Wilson tried to erase House's painful last words to him. Didn't really work though, he always waited for an explanation or an apology. Which was not realistic at all, he knew as much. It didn't prevent him from hoping even so.

On Saturday he came in at noon, carrying two boxes of pizza to House's room.

"Oh my god, is there an early onset of winter?"

"Huh?" Wilson looked utterly confused.

"You're wearing about a dozen layers of clothes, so I thought winter came early."

Wilson rolled his eyes in exasperation. "I'm not wearing a dozen layers of clothes."

"Half a dozen?"

"Eat your pizza before its cold."

"You've trouble holding your body temperature."

"I'm just cold." Before House could dig deeper, Wilson frowned and said in a firm voice "Leave it alone. I'm fine."

House raised his eyebrows, however he dropped the subject, immediately gossiping about a new nurse and eating the pizza. Shortly after they had finished their meal Cuddy came with the release papers.

"You're on sick leave till Wednesday. If everything is alright then you can go back to work on Thursday. Do you have someone looking after you?"

"I'm fine, I don't need a babysitter," House replied in annoyance.

"I'll take you home and, uh, will have a look if you have everything you need. And don't argue with me on that point!"

Wilson really, really hoped that House would not make a fuss now. He breathed a sigh of relief when House nodded. Cuddy gave a short nod too, and then stalked on her high heels out of the room. Wilson took House's bag without a word, turned for the door and was rewarded with House following him.

*********************************

House's first official act at home was to take a hot bath. Although he had drowned and been dead for a few minutes he still liked to sink into hot water. Accentuation lying on hot water and not being trapped in a junker. It also gave him the opportunity to avoid any deep conversations with Wilson. Of course House had seen the worry, insecurity and hurt in the brown eyes of his best friend. House didn't know how to fix this so he settled on ignorance, hoping that Wilson would eventually get over it.

Wilson acted jumpy around House. They both knew it but tried to ignore it which went well for the first two hours Wilson made a fuss about House's welfare. Then House snapped.

"Geez, Wilson! I'm not dying so don't act like I'm going to shatter into pieces at the next moment you turn your back on me!"

"Excuse me for worrying about your well-being after you've been dead for about five minutes! Five!" Wilson was shouting, than went on further in a softer voice "Five minutes. You're brain should be mush! Lucky for you the coldness of the water prevented you from having a brain damage."

House angrily retorted, "You could have died there too and I remember me telling you to get the hell out there."

"I'm not the one who died and I did obey your command," Wilson tried to make fun out of House's last phrase.

House took a few steps closer to Wilson who was currently folding a blanket into a very accurate little package.

"You came back!" House was roaring now.

Wilson flinched and scrunched up his face in pure disbelief. "You're mad at me because I saved your life?"

House sighed deeply, his shoulders slumping somewhat in defeat. "No, but I don't want you to risk your life for me. You've things which are worth more to live for than me."

"Nothing is worth more to me than you!"

House's eyes widened, he was startled by Wilson's admission who in return was severely embarrassed.

Oh my god, did I say this loud?

If House's facial expression and speechlessness was an indicator he had done exactly that. With a saucer-eyed expression Wilson spun around and tried to flee the scene. "Gotta go. You're fine. See you next week," Wilson rambled through his attempt to escape the humiliating situation.

House blocked Wilson's way with his cane, coming up directly in front of Wilson's chest and knocking the breath out of him. He squeaked a startled "Ow! House!" out of him before he felt one of House's hands coming to a rest on his shoulder.

"Same here. Why do you think I said what I did in the car?"

House smirked at the stunned expression on Wilson's face which quickly turned into one of uttermost relief.

"Want to make me feel better?" House quipped with amusement written all over his face.

"You said you're fine."

"I'd feel better with life-assuring sex."

Wilson groaned and closed his eyes in pure disbelief. He couldn't restrain himself from rolling his eyes after having them opened again. "Want me to call a hooker for you?"

"Nope. I'd rather do my hero."

"What?!" Wilson was sputtering. Maybe House's brain had been damaged ...

House leaned in, drew Wilson in a tight hug and kissed him, almost devouring his mouth. Wilson eagerly opened his mouth, relishing in the close physical contact. House broke the kiss due to lack of oxygen.

"Since I'm the one who was raised from the dead I've a free wish." After a short moment of consideration he continued "I'm on top."

"What?! No! Who said anything about having sex?" Wilson replied with red spots dancing on his cheeks.

"Me. Now come on," with this House dragged Wilson in the direction of his bedroom. Wilson staggered behind him until he got his feet planted solidly on the ground and stopped House in his movement.

"I ... I don't believe this!"

"Don't believe what? That I want to be on top?"

"I can't believe that we're talking about, uh, about having sex ... together, I mean."

"Than let's stop the talking-thing and get right on with the sex-thing."

"I won't let you set the rules here all on your own!" Wilson glared at House "And I will not be the one on the bottom."

"You sure about this? I can be very convincing."

"No chance!"

House only grinned at him, made his way to his bedroom and started to undress himself. Wilson trailed after him, still trying to wrap his mind around what was happening at the moment. When House started to shed his clothes he could feel arousal sweeping him up, his eyes were hungrily roaming over House's body. He licked his lips when more and more parts of House's body were revealed. House settled himself on his bed, his erection proudly standing up. He beckoned Wilson over who quickly teared his clothes off. Wilson hesitantly lowered himself on the bed next to House, gnawed at his lower lip, still leaving a security space between their bodies.

Wilson felt insecure. Not about having sex with a man 'cause he did have his share in this sex-department - even at being the one on the bottom. Although he had to admit that it had been a long time for him. The last ten years he had settled on sex with women which was way easier to get and no consequences to feared. Which led to the current situation: he and House together in bed, naked, on the verge of having sex together. Wilson gulped at the possibilities this encounter might cause.

"Now is not the time to freak out! You can have your crisis after we're finished here."

Before Wilson could retort that he wasn't freaking out, just contemplating, House tugged at him and dragged him close, aligning their bodies. Wilson shuddered at the first skin-on-skin-contact and looked at House with raw need in his eyes. House complied and pulled Wilson on top of him all the while exploring his mouth. Wilson had his eyes closed in bliss until a slippery finger vanished into him. He jolted up with a gasp and tried to glare at House at the same time.

"I told you that we're not doing it this way!"

It would have been more convincing if he hadn't pushed back against the finger. The moans of pleasure he gave didn't help him either. House simply grinned and took his time to work him open all the while keeping up the kissing. Wilson was straddling House, his ass was more or less slippery with lube and he couldn't suppress the movements of his hips. House guided the head of his member into Wilson who hissed at the burning feeling, squeezing his eyes shut and gritting his teeth. It really had been a while ...

"Long time no go?" House panted with a smug expression on his face.

Wilson glared at him darkly, not able to give a suitable reply, he was rather occupied with adjusting to House's penis in him. The glare made even House feel a tad queasy. Wilson deliberately relaxed his muscles, pushed back hard and took House all the way in with one smooth motion. House cried out and was struggling with his self-control while Wilson struggled with the pain of being stretched rather abruptly.

Now Wilson was smiling smugly "Long time no go, eh?"

With a vicious smile he clenched and unclenched around House's penis several times which made House wheeze and struggle with his self-control at an almost unbearable level.

"Keep this up and it will be over in a minute," he panted within heavy groans.

"Do you seriously believe that you're able to last this long?" Wilson mocked.

House cupped Wilson's face in his hands, drew him in close and restarted on a thorough exploration of this sweet mouth. He desperately needed something to distract him from the heat surrounding him and something to distract Wilson from deliberately bringing him to the edge.

Both men kept still, only exploring the other man's mouth and roaming with their hands over their bodies, getting familiar with it. After a while Wilson started to move his hips, heaving and lowering himself up and down on House's penis. His whole body was starting to burn pleasantly when House hit the gland which immediately sent warmth through him.

As much as they would have liked it to last longer both knew that they couldn't last long. House came first, shooting and shooting white seed into Wilson, shouting his name over and over again. Wilson's orgasm hit him equally hard while House was riding off the last waves of his orgasm.

Wilson was sprawled out on House's chest and in addition to his slippery ass he now was also slippery and sticky at his chest and stomach. He thought about taking a shower but decided against it, he was too damn comfortable at the moment.

By the time House came back from his endorphine-high he pulled the comforter over them and squeezed Wilson's butt. His leg was beginning to complain so he needed his pills which were out of reach and he didn't want Wilson to get off him completely.

"Hand me my pills," he demanded.

"Get them yourself," was the drowsily mumbled reply.

"Hey, I have been dead! Have a heart!" House whined.

"Oh god, you'll bring this up now at every suitable and unsuitable moment, won't you?" Wilson groaned in exasperation.

"As long as it gets me what I want."

"That will be everything."

House stroked Wilson's hair in a tender caress before he almost fondly said "At least, it finally got me you."

End

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.