The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Bordersauce Communication


by lilyleia78


Bordersauce Communication

"Taco Bell?" Wilson asked incredulously. He stared dubiously at the plastic bag his best friend had unceremoniously dumped on his desk.

"I'm thinking outside the Chinese Food carton," House answered solemnly.

"Yes, well. What better way to repay my lovingly prepared home-cooked meals than with half a pound of processed beans and rice?"

"I got you cinnamon twists too," House pointed out. "Besides I like the sayings on the Border sauce."

Wilson snorted and took out his food. House was carefully removing his sauce packets and reading them to himself.

"Look Wilson, this one says `I'm taking the day off. See next packet.' Think I could tape it to my door and go home?"

"Yeah, I'm sure that'll be just fine with Cuddy. We'll just tell her the taco sauce made you do it." Wilson said while checking out his own sauce packet.

"I've left with less of an excuse before. What's yours say?"

Wilson checked. "Will you marry me?" He braced himself for a scathing reply.

"Huh? Even your food knows you're the marrying kind." The diagnostician said mildly. He read his next one. "Tah Dah!' I can carry that one around and whip it out next time I cleverly diagnosis a patient in time to save their pathetic little life."

Wilson rolled his eyes and grabbed the next sauce from his bag. "Will you marry me?' again."

"Interesting," was all House said. "Will you scratch my back? Excellent, now I can get back scratches without even opening my mouth."

Wilson rolled his eyes but didn't reply. He had just pulled his third Will you marry me? packet. No way was he going to invite scorn by reading that one aloud again. Luckily, House seemed preoccupied with his own packets.

"The feeling is mutual' Oh so many uses for that," House said wistfully.

"You are really determined to communicate via sauce packets today, aren't you?" Wilson joked. He looked up with a smile, but his expression turned inquisitive when House met his gaze with an incredibly intense look.

"Yes, I am."

Wilson stared at the other man for a moment and looked down at the packets in his bag. Hands shaking slightly, he pulled them out and flipped all 10 over so that they were face up. Every single one said the same thing, `Will you marry me?' He searched House's face carefully. Before either man could speak, House's pager went off.

"Gotta go. Lives to save, taco sauce packets to abuse," House said airily and rushed off.

Wilson regarded the packets a little longer, glanced at his watch, and decided to go shopping. *** When Wilson returned to the hospital, purchase in hand, the first thing he did was check House's office. It was empty, but the backpack on the chair let him know that House hadn't yet left for the day.

Perfect, Wilson thought to himself. He arranged things to his liking and returned to his own office. In the middle of House's desk sat a small, cellophane bag of personalized M&M's. Written on each one of them was a single word - Yes.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.