The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Best Man


by lilyleia78


"So how about it? Wanna be my best man?" House asked, carefully not looking at the woman he was addressing.

Cuddy smothered an affectionate smile and put a heavy dose of doubt in her voice. "You know I'm not actually a man, right?"

"Really?" House asked mockingly. "And here I thought those were airbags you were carrying around on your chest." He flapped a hand at her dismissively. "You're not a real doctor either. That doesn't stop you from making all the underlings call you one anyway."

Cuddy shot him a withering look and House rolled his eyes. "Oh come on. It's not difficult or anything: I've done it lots of times. You just keep track of Wilson's ring and then make a raunchy speech extolling my sexual prowess. I'll get you my list of hookers if you need research material."

"If I agree to this will you go away?"

"I promise."

"Fine. I'll be your best man...woman...whatever," Cuddy agreed as she made shooing motions.

"The best woman at a gay wedding? How hard could that be?"

"House," Cuddy said warningly, rubbing the spot between her eyes where her headache was forming.

"I know, I promised. You won't see me the rest of the day." Something in House's voice sounded alarms in her head.

"You mean until clinic," Cuddy ordered.

House was shuffling out of her door at top speed. "Sorry, gotta go. I wanna see if Cameron will be the flower girl. See you tomorrow!"


  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.