The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Coffee Break: A Romance in 700 Words


by Nuala


Foreman wanders into the office for another cup of coffee. He finds House sipping some from his red mug. The coffee maker is empty.

"Thanks for making a fresh pot," Foreman says, annoyed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you want some?" House asks innocently, hobbling towards Foreman.

House keeps advancing until they're pressed together. Foreman gasps, and House kisses him deeply. His tongue is hot and tastes like coffee, of course.

Pulling back, House grins ferally and winks. "All yours," he growls, thrusting the mug into Foreman's nerveless hand.

Foreman stares into the mug, wondering what the hell's in the coffee.

***

Foreman's antsy for the rest of the day, and can't look him in the eye. House finds this endlessly amusing. Foreman's freaked out, and trying not to show it. House keeps it up all day.

Snatching a file from Foreman, letting his fingers caress Foreman's hands as he does.

Leaning his head on Foreman's shoulder as they examine a CT scan printout.

Grabbing Foreman by the belt to pull him back as he tried to walk away.

When he offers Foreman his red mug full of steaming coffee in front of Cuddy, the look on both their faces is priceless.

***

House keeps upping the ante. Once he even manages to slide his hand across Foreman's crotch as he takes a chart from him, and Foreman takes off at a sprint. It should have been hilarious. But -- Foreman was hard.

It's an unexpected development. But House is nothing if not adaptive. Well, when he wants to be.

He carefully stalks Foreman, who looks more freaked out than House has ever seen him, and catches him as he steps alone into an elevator.

"House!" Foreman almost squeaks.

House pushes the "Door Close" button with his cane, and turns on his prey.

***

House leans across Foreman's body. "Hello, sweetheart," he says.

"House, what the fu--mmph!" House kisses him. Foreman is panicked and confused. Well, part of him is panicked and confused. The rest is kissing House back, and enjoying the hell out of it too.

The door opens too soon, and House pulls back. Before Foreman can say anything, or even draw a breath, House is dragging him by the sleeve through the hospital hallways. The he's pushing Foreman into an out-of-the-way supply closet, and closing the door behind them.

"Well," House says, "let's get down to business, shall we, sweetheart?"

***

House doesn't waste any time, Foreman will give him that. With his free hand, he swiftly untucks Foreman's shirt, unzips his trousers, and is giving Foreman the roughest, most amazing handjob of his entire life. After all the little teases all day, he doesn't last long. He comes into House's hand with a shout that he tries to bite back.

Before he recovers completely, House grabs his hand and presses it against House's own erection, which Foreman feels even through the thick denim of his jeans.

"What?" he says to Foreman's startled grunt. "It's only polite to return the favor."

***

Foreman doesn't hesitate, which is quite gratifying. He wraps an arm around House's waist, supporting him. With his other hand, he pulls open House's jeans, draws out his cock, and starts fisting him.

It's unexpectedly arousing to see Foreman's elegant dark fingers on him, and House isn't ashamed to watch.

Foreman's very good. House spares a few brain cells to wonder at that. The rest of his brain is occupied with the most mind-shattering orgasm House has experienced in recent memory.

Afterward, they both have to wipe down. "Thank God for KimWipes," House remarks, smirking, helping himself to a box.

***

Days afterward, Foreman and House have been shagging like teenagers at every opportunity. Foreman's amazed at House's creativity, and audacity. Supply closets, unoccupied surgical theatres, even Cuddy's office while she's in a meeting. It's weird and exhilarating, and somehow seems to be working for them.

One day, House, smirking with more glee than usual, offers Chase his mug of coffee.

Foreman leaves in a huff.

House bursts out laughing.

Cameron looks bemused.

Chase shrugs, and drinks the coffee.

Later, Foreman drags House into a men's room. For "revenge."

Afterward, Foreman stole the red mug. House even let him keep it.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.