The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on One Step Closer Away Part III

Number of comments: 5

(post new comment)

From: Miyoko
Date: 11/08/2008
Shit, I just love this story! Sometimes I felt it a bit too angsty(and I'm now reviewing the whole thing and not just this last chapter) but in the end everything just laid out perfectly :3
From: Richie117
Date: 03/10/2008
I just don't know what to say... This story, all 3 stories were... Oh, Goh, fabulous!!! I laughed and cried, and... oh... I can't stop thinking about it. The stories are so deep... Thank you for this <3 <3 <3
From: Pendragon
Date: 11/10/2007
with me, something that makes me almost cry is something that leaves others sobbing. this addition to the series almost made me cry. I've never had the ability to compleatly gush at something so heart-wrenchingly awesome, so almost crying is as far as I go. I love your work quite a lot...good slash fiction can be hard to find, and I counted myself lucky when I stumbleded across this website. thank you.
From: Doc
Date: 11/06/2007
Half a life ago when I was 18 years old I insanely fell in love with a boy who suffered of Borderline and depression and was addicted to all kinds of things. He wasn´t able to trust anybody and he wanted to trust so very much. He craved for love and understanding but he hid behind sarcasm and his intelligence. I don´t know why he choose me to trust but he did and I did everything to deserve his trust and friendship. I loved him so much that it hurt. He was an artist a painter and sculptor and behind his bilious wit he was the kindest person I ever met. His kindness was of a shy and humble kind and never bold or loud. When he was a little boy his dad used to beat him up and lock him in the dark basement with no lights on. When he was 16 my friend used to sleep with a baseball bat next to him so that his senseless drunken father couldn´t kill him in his bed. I hardly knew him when he told me the first time that someday he would kill himself. He said it like you would say: "Someday not so far away I will go on a cruise." Nothing special nothing to discuss or to be sorry for. I instantly knew that he was serious and from that day on I lived with that knowing. Ever and anon I watched him sleep and thought of the little time to be left and each time my heart broke a little bit more. We had only 5 years but those were the most intense years in my life. In the only time I didn´t expect it he died a wretched and lonely death of pills and booze. When he died I couldn´t cry and my feelings got paralyzed for 9 years. Only very slowly I found back to life. Why do I write all this to you? Well, while I was reading your fic I felt all those buried feelings again and I realised how much I still miss him after nearly 20 years. I can understand your Wilson so very well and your House feels and acts so very much like my friend did. Your fic is absolutely well written! Thanks a lot for sharing it and letting me have a glance into some of your very private thoughts and feelings.
From: Jannie
Date: 11/03/2007
Well, I can't tell you how excited I was to find part III up this evening! Although it started slowly (I got about half-way through before I started shrieking at the screen "Where's the House/Wilson fluff??!") it was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

There were a couple of issues with spelling that were somewhat off-putting, but the story as a whole was very satisfying. Watching House's tentative journey into the potato patch of Wilson unfold was fascinating, touching and occasionally, very funny. (""Patch"! Not sack, you idiot!")

My only reservation in praising this fic is that it felt almost as if it deserved to be two fics, with more depth given to the consecutive parts. The whole Cuddy drama was well-written but felt strangely incongruous with the rest of the series (too much time away from House and Wilson). I would've liked to have read it with more insights given into how House was exploring his relationship with Wilson through exploring his feelings for Cuddy.

Overall, I loved it. I think you're a great writer and I'd love to read more of your work in future. Thank you so much for writing this fic, and keep up the great work! I'll be watching you :D

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.