The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on One Step Closer Away Part II

Number of comments: 8

(post new comment)

From: Angelfish
Date: 10/27/2007
What a stunning story. My first House fic - I chose at random, but we all get lucky sometimes, don't we? Your ear for dialogue is spot-on, your ideas dazzling, and the entire story just fizzed with humour and compassion. Thank you VERY much.

Love Fish
From: Pendragon
Date: 10/08/2007
amazing. I've always felt that House and Wilson should be together, but at the same time, never thought that House could ever be truly gay. You personified this thought of mine by writing this story. The best bit of this story IMO, was the last "House rules" thing. so sweet. Thank you.

~Pendragon
From: Jes
Date: 10/01/2007
Well, you've certainly managed to write a House/Wilson of a different color here, and it's very good. Scratch that, it's excellent. Even if it does contain one of the most un-sexy hot sex scenes and unsatisfying conclusions I've ever read. Right, sounds a bit harsh here, yeah, but don't forget that I loved the story.

On the technical aspect, you have great pacing and style, and wonderful characterization. You avoid cliches in a category and genre that is littered with them and have written a story that is original and absolutely engrossing.

But I'll flat out say I don't care much for the ending. I just have a hard time believing that any straight man, no matter how fucked up his relationships might be, would agree to be indefinitely fucked up the ass (by anyone other than a supermodel with a strap-on). (And yeah, it's supposed to be fanfic, so I guess this is where you writting such a believable fic comes to bite you in the rear, huh?)

I also can't wrap my head around someone as caring as Wilson, who's love for House is one of the major themes of the fic, so happily raping his friend. There. I used the R word. Harsh, but that's what it felt like. And physical reaction doesn't preclude it, and rules don't redeem it, and his going to Wilson doesn't validate it. Just because he wasn't physically forced doesn't make it any less rape.

But over all, I loved the story. I just wasn't expecting a happy ending that would be so upsetting.
From: jdr1184
Date: 09/30/2007
I still like this story but the grammar, poor capitalization, and typos were a bit distracting. A beta would make it a great story. I am totally confused by House's motivation, but I actually like that about it. I wonder how long Wilson will live with the limitations. If you write a follow up, I would be happy to beta.
From: Jannie
Date: 09/29/2007
Thank you GeeLady!! Your readers await! :D
From: GeeLady
Date: 09/29/2007
One Step Closer Away Part III is being written as I write this, but it will be a month or two at least before posting. It is a long one.Thanks to all my readers critiques, comments, suggestions and praise.In Part III, your questions will be answered. Trust me. GeeLady ;^)
From: jellybeans
Date: 09/29/2007
Thanks for the link :)

Such a great chapter again, I think Ive read hundreds of Wilson/House stories some of them with various sex scences but this particular chapter Ive found incredibly uncomfortable, not in anyway related to your writing, but the idea itself. Wilson taking advantage of House giving himself away, it would be a very akward scene I think, especially as House is not 100% willing at first but Wilson just seems to be thinking only of himself.

Hopefully I've explained that well enough...

Great writing :) Hope there is more!

From: Jannie
Date: 09/29/2007
Wow! I'd love to read the next part to this! There are still things I want to know! Like: How will House react to Wilson's first-hand experience of infarction pain? Will House ever stop banging hookers and lusting after beautiful raven Cuddy? Will Wilson be able to handle the jealously of other people all over House? Will House ever plant his cucumber in Wilson's potato patch? (Threw my head back and roared with laughter at the metaphor, by the way!) Anyway, the story was great. Please write more...

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.