The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Two Billion Minus One


by Evelyn Benton


Archive: Stellar Phenomena, the House Fan Fiction Archive, Vicodin for the Soul, and FanFiction.net; all others, please ask.

Author's Note: An enormous thank you to Sus for her invaluable feedback! Oh, and Sus, I changed the ending!

He respects me when I challenge him, not when I'm terrified, shocked into silence.

His blood, his life, was literally in my hands as I applied pressure to his wounds. I didn't fall apart, but I wasn't exactly in control.

In one lifetime, the average human heart beats approximately two billion times. On the day House was shot, my heart stopped beating for one terrifying moment I'll never forget. He wouldn't respect me for that.

Although he wouldn't respect me right now, it doesn't matter. He'll just assume I simply cried.

This will be the one thing he'll never know.

END


  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.