The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Sheets Of Blood Stained Cotton


by WillsWombat007


Sheets Of Blood Stained Cotton

Chapter One

Snow fell upon the rooftop of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. This of course was unsurprising living in New Jersey. You know what else is unsurprising? Gregory House's usual snippy self as he walked into work, his infamous cane tapping the ground as he walked to the elevator, as usual, heading to his office, where he would, as usual, see his three ducklings quacking on about their usual boring (and rather insignifcant) lives. He'd interrupt the quacking, as usual, with some new case. And as he was about to walk into the elevator he heard the very usual steps of Lisa Cuddy's high heels walking up to him and shoving a blue folder on his chest.

"32 year old man had a siezure, skin rashes across the cheek and nose, fever of 105 degrees, and vomiting blood."

House raised an eyebrow and stared at Cuddy. Two little, stud shaped -- things from under her shirt were visible around her bossom. "Its either colder than I thought or youre not wearing a bra."

Cuddy blushed, "House! Focus on the case!"

"You and Wilson go party hardy last night?" House asked. Cuddy grumbled.

"Just get this done." And she walked away right as the elevator door opened. House watched her walking away for a moment and then stepped inside the elevator, trying to block out thoughts and possibilities of whatever Wilson and Cuddy did do last night. Not that he had any problem with it of course. If Wilson wants to transfer from being gay to straight, it wasn't any of his business. He hardly even noticed however, when the elevator stoppped, and its doors slid open.

House walked out of the elevator, and down the hall, and into his office. And there were the ducklings, quacking about just as House had expected. Well, Cameron and Foreman were. Chase however, was quiet and House took it that Chase and Cameron's soap opera problems hadnt improved at all. Cameron and Foreman went silent as their boss walked in.

"Guy has a seizures, skin rashes, fever of 105, and pukes blood." House said, throwing the file on the table.

"Sounds like lupus." Cameron suggested.

"Its never lupus." House said, "And lupus usually dosen't include bloody vomit but run an ANA test just for fun. We might get lucky. Chase go get a medical history. Foreman go with them in case they decide to make up and do the nasty in the janitors closet again. And don't even think about a threesome."

Chase blushed, Cameron threw House a dirty look, Foreman rolled his eyes and all three walked out of the room, each walking a large distance from each other. ________________________________________________________________________________________________ They walked into the glass room. There was a man sitting down on one of the chairs that faced the beds, his head bowed. He was a burnette with nicely slicked back hair. His blue eyes staring at the ground. His outfit was almost ratty, gray shirt, stained with something that looked red. And tattered, faded loose jeans. All in all he looked in a poor state, except for the expensive and out of place designer watch he wore on his right wrist. He looked up at the three approaching doctors.

Cameron went over to the patient.

"Hi I'm Dr. Cameron. I'm going to be doing a Antinuclear Antibody test to see if you have Lupus."

The patient was awake. He looked very much like the man across the room from him, features were identical and Cameron could only guess that they were brothers or somehow related. But the patient wasnt even looking at her, he was looking across the room between what appeared to be the other man, and Chase. The other man was also staring at Chase, who was staring back and only now did she notice the akward and silent tension.

She looked at Chase.

Chase seemed to be trying to say something, his mouth was open but no words were coming out. Foreman tapped Chase on the shoulder.

"Chase?" Foreman asked. Getting no response, he decided to turn to the man.

"Hi I'm Dr. Foreman, we're here to take the patient's medical history. So," Foreman turned to the patient. "Did your parents have any illnesses?"

The patient was silent. The other man did not avert his eyes from Chase but finally spoke. "Our father died of lung cancer."

He spoke it in an all too familiar accent.

Cameron was doing the ANA test, but her ears were still listening in on the conversation. At the man's words, a throught passed through her head but she ignored it. Coincidince, she thought.

"Excuse me sir, but I need the patient to awnser." Foreman turned back to the patient, "Now, do you have any siblings?"

The patient lifted his free arm and pointed at the man across the room. And Foreman wrote it down and was about to ask the next question, when the patient moved his arm slowly to the right and pointed at Chase. ________________________________________________________________________________________________ As Chase, Cameron, and Foreman walked out of the room, their business finished, (And Chase still being a silent as ever) Foreman prodded Chase.

"You have brothers? Since when?"

Chase simply tried to walk faster. A million thoughts were rushing through his head.Yes, he had brothers. Two brothers he never spoke about and even when brought up, he lied about. He had blocked them from his mind for years now, and he wasn't to this day ready to face them after what they did. As memories began creeping slowly like a hand creeping its fingers across his heart, he bit his lip resisting the urge to knock something over. And Foreman wasn't helping. He was still asking Chase the same question.

"You have brothers???" Foreman asked again.

"NO, I DON'T! I dont have any god damn brothers!" Chase screamed, slamming his fist against the wall and walking the other direction while a shocked Foreman and Cameron watched him go. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ Chase walked quickly back to the room where his "brothers" were. How dare they? How dare they show up here, ripping apart whatever life he had left. Most of his good spirit had ripped up by Cameron's coldness, and now fate has put another dagger through it by sending those two bastards here to have the left overs. He bursted into the room, where he could see his brother standing there by the others bedside.

He looked at Chase with unreadble eyes.

"Robert." He said in almost a whisper.

Chase replied, "James."

And with that, Chase slammed his fist into James Chase's jaw sending him flying backward, nearly knocking over the equipment.

There was a stunned silence. James wiped the blood of his jaw and looked up at Chase who was looking back with the coldest glare. James got up, and before Chase could know what to do, he punched Chase back. And Chase, after staggering back for moment came at James with full force, both of them sending each other hard punches rapidly. Chase felt someone grab him from behind by the shoulders, and instictively, Chase spun around and attacked whoever the hell was behind him. He looked down, and saw House fall to the floor, followed by a loud, blood curdling, crunching sound.

It came from a leg.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.