The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Irreversible

Number of comments: 22

(post new comment)

From: Gloria
Date: 08/12/2010
Just wanted to say that I am in awe of this story, not just for what happens in it but for the sheer brilliance of the structure. I love the way that everything's there from the beginning and the slow build of Wilson's guilt and the sheer *rightness* of the last line and the writing-on-the-body (and, it being House, there's nothing to say either way whether he did reread his notes and is just fucking with Wilson's head. Though I think on the whole I prefer to think he didn't.) Wow!
From: Rev
Date: 09/30/2008
I just ran across this fic, and wow. I'm speechless. Normally, when one tries to do the backwards time flow thing, it fails horribly, but you make it work! It was in character too, and I could feel Wilson's worry and sorrow through-out. And the last line, wow. Amazing! Anyway, thanks for writing it :)
From: Krista
Date: 05/16/2008
.....holy.....DAMMIT JIMMY!

So good, but where was the bit with the pen and the ink on his back?
From: LadyMurha
Date: 05/16/2008
I'm on the verge of tears. Beautiful.
From: luc
Date: 05/15/2008
Fuck's sake this is intense, I don't know what to say I had never cried over a fic.
From: luc
Date: 05/15/2008
Fuck's sake this is intense, I don't know what to say I had never cired over a fic.
From: tombedelalune
Date: 05/14/2008
i love this, the last phrase is one of the best ver! i had read it a long long time ago, thank you for posting it again ...
From: TheSummoningDark
Date: 05/14/2008
I'm almost in tears. God, Jimmy, how could you? I suppose it's a mark of how good your writing is that even then he didn't seem at all out of character. And the ending...the ending absolutely broke me. Peace out ~TSD
From: loscar
Date: 04/26/2008
well.. this was confusing - it gave me the creeps.. honestly. okay start at the beginning: your timeline is confusing. when is "eventually" and when is now? i mean at the beginning it´s "he needed years for forgivness" but the whole story plays in about seven weeks-time. huh? don´t get me wrong... i greatly enjoyed reading the story. it just confuses the heck out of me. but what REALLY gave me the creeps was the last part. the "now-part". Wilson is just.. i don´t have words for his actions at the moment...well personally i´m a fan of absolutly bad cliche horrormovies. in the most of them is the psychopath the one who utters such lines as (i don´t want to spoil anything for future readers - so i don´t take zitates.. but you know i mean wilsons part of the dialoge in the last part) .. such lines as "don´t worry - you´ll feel fine" seconds before he happily slices the victims throat... okay that may be a bit too dramatic and wilson is definitly out of his mind, but REALLY... *shudder* can you say creepy? i would be happy if you could enlighten me about the confusing storyline - thank you!
From: soundship
Date: 10/31/2007
I'm in tears. This is so heartbreaking. You're an incredible writer.
From: Tara
Date: 08/21/2007
Wow...just...wow. I can't help but like this entire piece. The way it was laid out, with the story being told with a reversing storyline, was very unique had me nearly dying with curiosity at what Wilson could have possibly done that he couldn't forgive himself for. I'm still reeling from what Wilson DID to, and to HOUSE no less...not to say i didn't think it was believable; it was, and Wilson was trying to justify what he did. Very interesting character exploration, and shocking because i would NEVER have seen that coming (Wilson's such a sweetie after all). The ending was amazing, just the simple, "You won't remember, House" "But you will, Jimmy." Strong, very powerful. The only concrit i can think of is that sometimes the character's voices seemed a tad OOC. Otherwise, it was an incredibly interesting read.
From: Jamie
Date: 07/16/2007
Oh, my God! You blew me away with that story! Congratulations on creating a unique and memorable tale.
From: karona
Date: 07/04/2007
I absolutely lerve rape stories, and I absolutely lerved this one once I reread it going up. The reverse time line tewtolly threw me. Sorry. :(

Looking for more of your stuff!
From: nikki r
Date: 06/10/2007
oooh snap

good portrayal of their characters, and the reverse timeline was really goooddddd
From: Nilhenwen
Date: 06/08/2007
o, such a good plot bunny! and wow, brilliant ending line. How perfect. And I loved the srot of backwards timeline =D
From: Amber
Date: 05/30/2007
Thanks for clearing that up about the smudges, it makes much more sense. I still very much love it even after reading it ALOT. Pretty please, maybe, there will be a sequel in which Wilson tells him what he did? : ) Still love it.
From: Jen
Date: 05/16/2007
Different. Really well-written. Great work.
From: Asioleh
Date: 05/16/2007
I loved this story, By the week two I was already guessing what had happen but it still shocked me to read it. Now I just had one question Was House writing in his shirt what happend when he was in the bathroom, so he could know what happend latter?
From: Amber
Date: 05/16/2007
I love this story. I dunno if I just didn't catch onto it...but I didn't understand why the black smudges and ink pen were such a big deal to Wilson. I dunno...I'll read it again and try to figure it out.

Great story. :)
From: Max
Date: 05/16/2007
Ok, I have to admit, I'm a serial lurker, don't comment at, even when I mean to (yes, that's very bad. Bad me) but this fic was so striking that I just had to break my lurking ways. I have no words other than: oh my god! I feel very inarticulate, but there you have it.

I absolutely loved this fic and its structure, which reminded me of the movie Memento- I wonder if that influenced you at all? The backwards style was very effective, it needs a second reading just like many good psychological films need a second viewing. Absolutely brilliant fic
From: Ray
Date: 05/15/2007
I thought that was pretty good. I found the reverse chronology particularly interesting. Post more.
From: Xander
Date: 05/15/2007
Gawd, that was depressing. TT_TT -Sobs-

Nicely written though!!!

-Climbs into bed and cries himself to sleep-

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at crimsonquills@gmail.com.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.