The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Previously


by Lilah


Wilson gestured for Foreman to come into his office.

"What's going on?" He asked, as Foreman plunked down in the chair opposite Wilson's desk. It was the same tone of voice he used whenever he wanted the truth. It was carefully, sympathetically demanding, and Wilson knew Foreman would respond.

"Cameron and Chase are together," he said, as though complaining about two kids talking in a classroom.

"I noticed," Wilson told him. "But why is their relationship affecting your job?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly, needing an answer. Foreman's frustration was hurting the cohesion of the team's diagnostic process, and House wasn't there to keep everyone in line.

Foreman sighed and rolled his eyes. "It's not. Directly," he added, at Wilson's dubious expression. "I just think that they're making a huge mistake, one that could be detrimental to everybody."

"You think Chase and Cameron are going to break up, and that that will affect the environment in the department?"

"Yeah," Foreman raised an eyebrow at him. "You think I'm wrong?"

"No," Wilson averted his gaze and shuffled a few papers neatly to the side. "I think your position is valid." He looked up, his eyes sternly probing Foreman's. "Foreman, I've been here longer than you. I've been a doctor for longer than you have."

"I've been a neurologist for seven years," Foreman challenged.

"Well, you're a fellow. I finished my fellowship here ten years ago." Foreman nodded slightly for Wilson to continue his point. "I've seen a lot of relationships happen, and I've seen a lot of those relationships crash and burn, and you're right--they're making a bad decision. It's irresponsible to an extent, but it's not morally reprehensible. They're both intelligent people. Give them some credit and some space, and maybe it'll stop annoying you."

Foreman opened his mouth to protest, but Wilson shook his head and went on. "Or maybe it won't stop annoying you, but it's your responsibility to keep personal feelings from affecting your job. Cameron and Chase are adults. Let them make their mistakes."

Foreman paused, regarding Wilson for a few moments, trying to read between the lines. "Okay," he acquiesced reluctantly. He got up to leave but hesitated by the door.

"Have you ever had to work with two people who were together like this, though?" He asked, and the casualty surprised Wilson. Foreman rarely asked personal questions. "I mean, do you have some idea of what I'm supposed to do in the meantime?"

Wilson rested his chin on clasped hands and thought for a moment. "Not exactly," he concluded. "But I was with someone at the hospital for a short time, and it...affected our jobs."

"Since I've been here?" Foreman asked incredulously. "Who?"

Wilson rolled his eyes and shook his head, clearly implying it was none of his business and not something he'd share in this particular conversation. "That's beside the point. It turns out no one figured it out, though, and that was good. For both of us. Anyway, I think the best thing to do is ignore it. Sooner or later they'll embarrass themselves or make a mistake like you're worried about, and when that happens, they have to deal with the consequences. Not you."

Foreman nodded. "Thanks," he started. "But I'm sure someone figured it out."

"Why do you say that?" Wilson asked, fighting a slight tone of paranoia.

"You're best friends with House," Foreman chuckled, as though enjoying a good joke. "Do you seriously think it slipped by him?"

Wilson flushed almost imperceptibly and cleared his throat. He laughed dryly. "No, you're right," he smiled. "House knew."

"This...seems like a bad idea," Wilson stammered, trying not to watch as House unzipped his fly. The bathroom stall was far too narrow for the both of them.

In response, House kissed him forcefully, slamming him against the door. The plastic latch cut into his back. "Of course it's a bad idea," he muttered. "It's a bad idea like ignoring Bonnie `til she left you was a bad idea, Jimmy, but admit it, you don't care."

"That's a terrible thing to say," Wilson responded, though the affronted tone in his voice belied the physical reaction House was eliciting. "I--she--you've made bad decisions--"

"Never said otherwise," claimed House, unbuttoning Wilson's shirt clumsily and loosening his tie for him. "Living with Stacy while being with you is a bad idea. Avoiding clinic duty to blow you is a bad idea. Doing it in the bathroom of the hospital is definitely
a bad idea. All I'm saying is, sometimes bad ideas feel really--" he slid the palm of his hand into Wilson's trousers, then deeper into his boxers--"really--" he pressed and squeezed lightly. Wilson choked on a moan.

"Really good," he finished for House, and kissed him back.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.