The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Chrysalis VII


by gorblimey2


***

She was on the cover of Time, Newsweek and just about every magazine around. They always asked why. Why had she done it? Why risk everything for House? She never gave them an answer but the story got out about how they had lived together and how she had been working tirelessly to find a way to help him.

The talk shows discussed over and over the irony that now she had given him back his life and he was pain-free, they couldn't be together. They always asked their audiences, "What would you do if someone you loved was in incredible pain and you had the ability to take that pain away, but you would be breaking the law?" It was a no- brainer. Almost 99% of the people said that they would come to the aid of their loved one.

The talking heads also lamented the fact that, although she deserved it, she would not be nominated for the Nobel Prize in medicine because of the ethical and legal violations. Jordan didn't care, she already had all that she needed from her actions.

By the end of June, House was no longer using a cane. He still had a slight limp and it still hurt after a long day, but the pain was tolerable and controlled with simple Motrin. After six months of recovery, House couldn't take it any longer. He wanted to go to Merida to see her, but the Board of Directors instructed him not to go, it would look like he had sanctioned and willingly participated in her illegal acts.

***

Jordan had been invited to Rome to give a paper on the operation to a large body of doctors from around the world. House had still been hounded by the press constantly. Foreman was receiving a lot of publicity himself as the "face" of the updates on House's leg. Neurologists all over the world were trying to figure out how Jordan had done it but just couldn't but it all together. The Society of International Neurologists had begged her to come to Rome for the presentation. There was no one else on the program and yet over 500 neurologists from all over the world had flown in to here her. The FDA, U.S. Health Department and AMA were all getting bombarded from medical entities, complaining that their actions had forced Jordan underground and now one of the biggest medical breakthroughs in neurology had been forced underground. Paraplegics and their families all over the world had scathing remarks about the US Government and the AMA. The brouhaha just got worse.

Jordan flew to Rome and took a taxi to her hotel. She registered and received her keycard and was instructed to use a back elevator down a long corridor. She entered elevator and just before the doors closed, a tall guy in a ball cap, sunglasses and turned up collar got in. Although she was tired from the trip, she was a little worried, the man was acting strange. When the man grabbed her and threw her up against the wall of the elevator she started screaming. She tried to knee him in the groin but he had sensed that was coming and pinned her legs with his. Then he took off his glasses. The eyes were blue, blue, blue. She grabbed him and started kissing him over and over. He was holding her as tight as he could. The door opened and they spilled out into the hall.

"What's your room number?"

"523" They looked at the numbers and started running down the hall together. She opened the door with the door card and they started undressing as fast as possible. Then she remembered, the bell boy was going to be up in a minute with her luggage. "The bellboy, he'll be here soon."

House grabbed his wallet out of the back of his pants pocket, pulled out some Euros and continued getting undressed. He threw her on the bed and fell down beside her, she reached around and unlatched her bra and he helped her take it off. He started licking and caressing her breasts until they heard the knock. House jumped up, grabbed the hotel robe and went to the door.

He opened the door and saw the bell boy. He handed him the Euros, told him in Italian that he would take the luggage and said good night. The bell boy smiled slyly and left. House grabbed the suitcases and took them in. Jordan had turned down the bed and was laying nude in the middle of it. House took the robe off and pulled his boxers off and then climbed in bed.

"I want you inside of me now." She said with an urgency.

"No foreplay?" He was actually saying it rhetorically because right now he couldn't think of a better place he'd rather be.

"I'm already excited, it's been sixteen years."

He pulled her to him and climbed on top, guided himself in and started thrusting as fast as he could. He was overjoyed. He knew this body, the curves, the softness, the smell, the warmth inside of her. She wrapped her legs around him and met his thrusts with her own. It was rough and exciting and when Jordan felt him stop in mid action she knew he was coming, she continued thrusting and he finally cried out, 'Oh, yes, yes ... God ...oh..oh.." He held her hips down to stop when the sensations became too great. He fell back onto the bed and she curled up next to him. He reached down and pushed her legs open and began rubbing her and then he heard her coming. She screamed, "Jesus, oooh.....ohh...God, yes, right there..oh.." and then she pushed his hand away. He reached around her, pulled her to him and kissed her.

She looked at him, he was older, grayer, more wrinkles, less muscle tone but he smelled the same, felt the same inside her and still gave her the best orgasms in town. They didn't say anything for awhile.

"Where's your luggage?" She asked.

"Downstairs. The concierge is holding it for me."

She shook her head and looked worried, "If anyone sees you here, you're going to be in a heap of trouble."

"I don't care anymore. I feel like I made a deal with the devil." He feigned an evil voice, "I'll take the leg pain away from your leg and instead you'll feel like crap every day because she can't be with you. I don't care. If the AMA wants my head too, they can have it. I'm sick of feeling like the fugitive...I didn't do it but they're still trying to pin it on me just because I'm a jerk."

She turned and looked at him, "I just got a great offer. China will give me a full lab with doctors of my choice, pay me $2.0 million a year and let me practice neurosurgery all I want. How would you like to visit me in China?"

"China? That's as far from me as you can get isn't it?"

"That's not fair and you know it. If I go to China I can practice what I'm good at."

"I know, I can't blame you.' He paused and looked at her, "I need to take a leak, I've been drinking water all evening waiting for you." He jumped up and went to the bathroom. He then called down and had the bell boy bring up his luggage."

"Are you hungry?"

"No, I ate while I was waiting for you? Are you?"

"Yes...I need a shower, could you order me something?"

He ordered her some pasta with pesto sauce and a bottle of wine. She was in the shower when he got in, she examined his scar and was very happy with the outcome, it looked much better than before. He wanted to have sex with her in the shower but she didn't want him picking her up because she was afraid of him injuring the leg.

"Then bend over..."

"Let's just get out and you can bend me over the bed, ok?"

He gave her a look of feigned disappointment. "Where's your adventurous spirit?"

"I'm older, I balance it now with comfort. Come on you're hot with that beard and I want to see if you still can make me scream with that tongue."

He had her scoot to the edge of the bed and he knelt down and stroked her inner thighs lightly. He took his tongue and licked from her knee to her clitoris and then he kissed and licked and sucked until she started grabbing his head and hanging on. She felt the contractions and waves of the climax overwhelm her. They eventually became sensations that were too uncomfortable to take. She pushed back from the edge of the bed and from his tongue. He reached up to her shoulders as he climbed onto her. He came a few minutes later and then pulled out and rolled over onto the bed. They both stared up at the ceiling and started laughing. She reached over and started tracing the hair from his belly button to his genitals and back again, "I feel like a kid, like a kid in the candy store....like I have a box of Godiva again."

"What?"

"Men are like chocolates. Some are Hershey bars, some are Dove and some are Godiva. You have always been Godiva. It was hard over the years...I compared everyone to you. A few measured up, but most of them were just Hershey." She turned to him, "What am I?"

He started laughing, "...ooh...you're penny chocolate. Fairly common."

She hit him in the arm, "I am not common."

"Look, I just jumped you twice in twenty minutes and I'm 49 years old. If you were Hershey, do you think I'd want to do that?"

They both started cracking up and shook their heads in unison, "YES!"

"You are Leonidas Belgian chocolate...delicious and expensive to buy in the USA."

"When did you get in to Rome?"

"This morning. Foreman told me where you would be staying."

"So are you as tired as I am?" She asked hoping that he would say yes.

"Boy are you a lightweight. Yeah, I can use some sleep."

They curled up into each other's arms and fell asleep. House woke up first and then spent several minutes just looking at her. He wanted to wake her up and kiss her up and down her body. Instead, he got up to use the restroom. When he got back to bed, Jordan was awake and looked over at the clock, "I have the day off. My lecture isn't until tomorrow. Shall we play?"

He grimaced, "I just have one little piece of business to conduct and then I'm free. Come with me, we'll do it together and then we'll go play."

***

The next morning she woke up and nudged House who was flat on his back snoring. "I've got to be there in an hour and a half for my presentation, so we better get up and get some breakfast. You haven't changed your mind have you? You are going to come with me?"

"Wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Once they see you here with me it's going to cause you some problems at home."

"Who gives a damn?"

They arrived separately at the hall where she was giving the lecture. The United States had a few reporters on hand for the very first presentation on the breakthrough. It was well known in the news business that getting a photo of both Jordan and Greg in the same frame would be worth a lot of money. Getting a photo of them holding hands would be worth even more. Jordan walked in alone with her briefcase, wearing a Chanel suit, high heels and subtle makeup with the exception that she had on bright red lipstick. She began to set up her computer to give the presentation.

The hall began to fill up with the doctors attending the conference and surprisingly, their spouses attended too. The hall was at capacity by the time she began her presentation. Jordan used numerous media files from the MRI's, PET scans, digital video before and after, and photographs. She also used a powerpoint presentation.

She showed a film of House walking, or trying to walk without his cane. She showed the numerous Vicodin prescriptions, the numerous complaints of pain, the failed Ketamine treatment. She discussed the science of the GDNF and silk thread breakthroughs. She showed the photos and dvd of the ligaments growing in the petri dish. Then she showed House after the operation and six months later.

She began to take questions and for awhile she was pleased to hear reasonable, medical questions about the science. Finally, she knew she had to call on Ralph Salerno, a well know medical journalist.

"Dr. Palmer, you've claimed that you broke the laws and breached ethical standards because of your love for Dr. House. However, we haven't heard a word from Dr. House supporting you on this issue. How do you expect the world and the AMA to accept your breach as nothing more than your grab at money and fame for being the first to perform this procedure if the very person you helped hasn't even, as far as we know, gone back to Mexico to visit you in your exile or said anything in public to support you?"

House's pre-operation thigh was on several large screens on the stage and she let out a sigh. She raised her eyebrows and looked at the ceiling. The entire audience was quiet. "Well, first let me tell you that I never said and you will not find any quotes or statements released by me where I have defended my actions by saying I was in love with Dr. House. I only said that we had a relationship in the past and that I cared about him and that I had the ability to stop his pain. It was the media that said I was madly in love with the man. In addition, Dr. House was informed that if he did attempt to talk to me or if he went public with support of me, the hospital he works at would suspend him, maybe fire him. However, he has given me great support and has demonstrated his support in many ways, but none more evident than this.

Jordan clicked her mouse and on one screen was a photo of the marriage license, the next a photo of them kissing in front of the civil registrar and the third posing for the camera as husband and wife. The entire audience was murmuring and quite loud. Jordan tried to hush the crowd with her hands, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Dr. House and I were married here in Rome yesterday. I'd like to introduce my husband, Dr. Gregory House."

Greg walked out on the stage with only the slightest of limps, reached out grabbed her hand, kissed it and then put his arm around her. The spouses of the doctors jumped up and started clapping and yelling while the doctors remained stunned and amused at this turns of events. Even Salerno was laughing and clapping for the couple.

The press rushed to the front of the stage and wanted answers to numerous questions, House looked at Jordan and grinned, he reached over and gave her a big kiss.

***

The day before I followed House to the American Embassy in Rome to run an errand. He told me to bring my passport so that I could get into the embassy with him. We went through the security and Greg told the Marine at the desk that we had an appointment with the Ambassador. After calling back to the Ambassador's undersecretary, were escorted to his office. He smiled and said congratulations, asked for our passports, filled in some information on his computer and printed a form. He stamped it and said goodbye. I was confused.

"Greg? What's going on, what is the document he gave you?"

House took me outside before answering the question. "Look, I figure you can keep running around screwing up your life saving my butt and I can keep running around finding ways to get your attention, like have another infarction, or we can just call a spade a spade and declare our undying love, recognize that we just might be passengers on the Titanic and either go down separately or together. This document is an 'Osta Nulla.'"

My face went into shock, "An Osta Nulla! You want to get married?"

"That's what this document says. And to top it off, I bought this ring at Tiffany's in New York...it goes with your key ring." he showed me the most beautiful platinum banded, emerald cut diamond ring I had ever seen, "Jordan, let's get married. I'm tired of all this crap...does he love me, does she love me...don't say it or it's real...blah, blah. I love you and I don't want to live without you. I don't care about the Board of Directors, it's only a job. I can come down and practice with you whereever you go. Will you marry me?"

He was looking at me under the most perfect late summer sun and I thought to myself, should I tell him now or wait until we're married? My throat clamped down and I had a hard time telling him, "There's something you should know. I've been very selfish. There was a payoff for what I did and I didn't tell you about it because I never envisioned this proposal happening."

"Let me see, could it have anything to do with the fact that when I called your lab and Esteban answered he congratulated me? He told me that I was lucky it worked the first time and that we could save the remaining four for stem cells if we needed them?"

"You know I'm pregnant?"

"Duh...usually when an embryologist tells you, "Congratulations, it took", he' not talking about dying your hair. I know that you stole one of the blastocytes and had it implanted. That's even more reason for us to get married. You need a husband or they're going to call you a two bit whore. Of course they'd be right, but I can cover for you. Look, we don't have all day. It's 11:00 a.m. Our appointment at the civil registrar is at 4:00 p.m. when they open up again after lunch. We need to find you a wedding dress and get you some lunch."

" For the record, yes, I'll marry you Gregory House. Just remember that I didn't do this so that you would marry me. I did it because I love you. And, I'm too excited to eat. "

"Blah, blah, blah, blah. I could give a rat's ass why you did it. I know you love me and I'm perfectly happy hearing you say it as your penance for the rest of your life. Everything else is superfluous."

We kissed and he slipped the ring on my finger. It was a little big but he said he would have it sized when we got home. I took a band-aid out of my bag and wrapped it around the band of the ring to make sure it stayed on while we shopped.

House took me straight to Piaza di Spagna (the plaza at the bottom of the Spanish Steps and next to the fashion district.) I found nothing in the designer shops but I was sent to a vintage designer shop and I found a tea-length white gown that had lots of lace over a very flowy organza silk, short lace sleeves. It floated, the slightest of winds would make it billow behind me like a fairy. It was low cut, but very, very feminine. I had a wreath of little flowers in my hair and after we went to the hotel for Greg to dress in his blue suit, we went and got married.

That night we did call one person to announce our wedding. I dialed Wilson. I didn't want him to hear it from anyone else.

"James Wilson."

"Jim, it's Jordan."

"Jordan, how are you? House told me he was going to go see you in Rome. Are you in Rome?"

"Yes, we're both here. I wanted to call you personally to let you know that this afternoon Greg and I were married." There was dead silence. "Jim? I'm sorry. I know you're wondering if I ever really had feelings for you. I want you to know that I did. I did love you."

"You just loved House more."

"I just never stopped loving Greg. I've tried Jim, but I can't."

"Well, I hope you both will be happy. I really do and thank you for calling me, I appreciate the heads up. Does Cuddy know?"

"You're the only one who knows. Do you want to speak to Greg?"

"I don't think so, not just yet."

"Ok, we understand."

After I hung up, House looked at me, "Is he pouting?"

"Greg, give it a rest. He's upset. He loved me and you married me. How did you feel when Stacey showed up with Mark? Happy to see him, happy for the two of them? I doubt it. I bet you wanted him dead."

"Who me?"

I smiled at him and crawled up to just hold him. We fell asleep, me in my wedding dress, Greg in his suit paints, white shirt unbuttoned at the collar and dark blue socks. When we woke up it was midnight. We got undressed, made love and went back to sleep.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.