The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Transitions

Number of comments: 26

(post new comment)

From: sara tsuzuki
Date: 08/20/2010
EXCELLENT I cry, I laugh, I was in the end of my chair, I love this fic totally ;___________; AND the last part was sexyFunnyLovely!
From: embeer2004
Date: 03/12/2007
LOL at the phone conversation. Poor David though - making up his bd so no one at school would bug him about it. Nice of his teacher to come and check out House - and the worries she had.
From: naughtybookworm
Date: 02/26/2007
Well, to respond to the two comments below: as far as timing and continuity are concerned, I never knew that I would be writing as many stories as I have. It's been difficult making everything match up, and I was kind of hoping that people would kind of overlook that. One day I might go back and make everything more seamless.

On the other stories front: I have several in the works, but Nightmares has been really weighing me down. It has been a hard (and long) story to write. (naughtybookworm.livejournal.com).

One of the stories in the works is entitled: "Bestest Buddy," and IS about David's first real child friend. It also tells the story of the famlly settling down together. I have some of the parts to that written already.

Another story is "Crushed," about his first crush, but it takes place much later in his childhood.

nbkwrm
From: Ray
Date: 02/26/2007
Me again. I noticed you haven't written any of you David stories for a little while. I don't know if it's because you have no more to add to his childhood without making him grow up, but I have a request. You wrote, "The other children responded well to him now, especially the girls. David was apparently gearing up to be the strong, silent type. He'd be heartbreaker one day." I was thinking you could write a short story about David's first friend his own age. It could be about how House reacts to his friend, and possibly how the friend's parents react to House and Wilson. Please think about it. Actually, no. Please write it. I want more of your stories, dammit.
From: Ray
Date: 02/26/2007
I know I've commented before that I absolutely love your David universe. I've read the whole thing several times, and if i hadn't been a big fan, I wouldn't have noticed a chronological error. In Transitions, you state, "Sometime back in October, he'd cleaned up abruptly.” Also, in David’s 12th week, House brought him to the hospital for the first time. 12 weeks after October 1st is December 24th, which means the people at the hospital couldn't have met David until Christmas or (more probably) a week or so afterward. It is therefore impossible for Cuddy's relationship with David to unfold the way it did in Wilson and David and still leave time for him to get over it and ask for Cuddy to join them for Christmas dinner in David's Christmas. I swear I don't love you any less because of this. Actually, I noticed when I was trying to compile them all into one story so it would be easier to access the next time I want to read the whole thing. Please write more.
From: lookfar
Date: 01/21/2007
Sigh. I'm addicted, as if your series were...Vicodin, or something. It's lovely.
From: Zane
Date: 01/05/2007
I love this series, and I think you're doing a good job of maintaining characterization under unusual circumstances, which is hard. The only problem I have with this segment is that David's room can't contain "literally tons" of sheet music, since a single ton of paper is about 40 cubic yards. (Not to be obnoxious about it - we all have our nitpicky pet peeves.)

Keep up the good work!
From: Zane
Date: 01/05/2007
I love this series, and I think you're doing a good job of maintaining characterization under unusual circumstances, which is hard. The only problem I have with this segment is that David's room can't contain "literally tons" of sheet music, since a single ton of paper is about 40 cubic yards. (Not to be obnoxious about it - we all have our nitpicky pet peeves.)

Keep up the good work!
From: Zane
Date: 01/05/2007
I love this series, and I think you're doing a good job of maintaining characterization under unusual circumstances, which is hard. The only problem I have with this segment is that David's room can't contain "literally tons" of sheet music, since a single ton of paper is about 40 cubic yards. (Not to be obnoxious about it - we all have our nitpicky pet peeves.)

Keep up the good work!
From: chowrie
Date: 12/11/2006
I just have to go on and say it, I love your writing! I enjoy reading about House, Wilson and David. Please keep the stories coming. Your stories are my guilty pleasure.
From: alannablue
Date: 11/22/2006
Again, "This seduction is not ADA compliant."

Killer.

"he was so used to not talking that he never had anything to say"

Exquisite.

I agree with some of the other responders; it doesn't seem true to House's character sometimes, but usually, it does seem right. Or at least, I'd like it to be.

What I'm trying, very ineptly, to say, is that I'm enjoying it. Sweet House is a balm to me right now.
From: RoseWill
Date: 11/22/2006
This worked really well to bring the chronology together. (Are there going to be any more?) I loved Ms Marshall and her thoughts on House and Wilson. Also the way she thought about David and the changes in his life, acknowledging that the person is more important than the material. The birthday thing was a great plot, too, with the random presents. I think this is my favourite story of the lot for the real sense of development between the characters. And Wilson bringing David in to play for Ms Marshall. The scene by scene works really well. And everyone seeing House with David, and House with the shoes.
From: kayla
Date: 11/10/2006
Fucking fantabulous!!! *starts chanting* "more! more! more!" lol so adorable! I love it! *squee*!! ;D
From: J L Blackstone
Date: 11/05/2006
This one line is too perfect. "Don't rush me. This seduction is not ADA compliant."
From: cupotrevor
Date: 10/27/2006
loving it!
From: Janet
Date: 10/24/2006
I love these stories. Please keep writing them. Love the relationship between House and Wilson and the relationship each has with David
From: Bwc_baby
Date: 10/21/2006
I love these stories! Keep them comming..I read them during Yearbook breaks..haha
From: AK
Date: 10/20/2006
AWESOME story. I love it and I really really hope you write more.
From: naughtybookworm
Date: 10/20/2006
Thanks, everyone. You cannot imagine how flattered I am. I appreciate all the kudos and constructive criticism. I'm SO psyched!
From: elf1604
Date: 10/20/2006
I am completely in love with this series. please please continue!
From: Filex1410
Date: 10/20/2006
Completely taken in by all of these stories. I’m looking forward to reading more of them. The relationships are very touching and compelling. Your House/Wilson written beautifully and David is the perfect addition.
From: ruby
Date: 10/20/2006
Loving this whole series. I was laughing so hard in some places then I was crying. Im just all over the place now. Please continue soon.
From: Julie
Date: 10/20/2006
Thanks for another terrific story.You have a great way of uncovering David's problems a piece at a time. Love the "less than 10 words and 30 seconds bit" - very clever! As a teacher myself, I know just how hard it can be for kids who feel/ are different and birthdays are especially just such a time. The relationship with David, House and Wilson works really well. Can't wait for the next story.
From: BlkDiamond
Date: 10/20/2006
Personally I don't care what order you write and post the stories as long as you continue.

Very good, enjoyed how House slowly gets David to come open and helps him work through what is bothering him and his problems in dealing with what happened in the past. Poor Cameron, she really wants to be close nad helpful but is going about everything wrong. Neither House nor David need or want the type of attention she wants to provide.

Wilson needs a little more work, although he is very interesting in the story think he should have a larger part in working with David (although House should still be the main focus point for David). Maybe House should sound ideas off him to get his reaction? I don't know, you are doing a great job and it probably wouldn't work doing it different anyways. Just a thought I had.

Please continue and give us another story soon!
From: thyla
Date: 10/19/2006
Love your series : ) Your insights into the soul of the little boy are wonderful.

Of course Wilson and House together are always unbeatable: "accessing...accessing..error" HA!

thyla
From: Nome
Date: 10/19/2006
Very enjoyable! I think this is my favorite David story so far... I'm glad the minions got to meet him finally, and I loved the story line about David's teacher. More please?

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at crimsonquills@gmail.com.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.