The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Number of comments: 10

(post new comment)

From: Klugscheisser
Date: 12/05/2007
It's nice to see a likeable Julie character for once, interesting idea that House knew her first, plus some of what the others wrote. I didn't have that many problems with the time line, it seemed obvious - but still, there are not all that many pengiuns in the arctic, and it's med school or medical school.
From: Azure
Date: 03/28/2006
A really lovely story. I enjoyed the structure, and it was great to see a real-person Julie, who wouldn't work with Wilson through no fault of their own.
From: Ozymandia
Date: 10/10/2005
Lovely story, nice characterisation, good hints at how everyone is interrelated. Very enjoyable. :)
From: raucous raven
Date: 10/04/2005
So good. The witty banter was well carried by all, but what I best was the harsh and terrible need being masked in all directions and so straitly delineated in prose. I bought the whole damn deal, lock stock & piglet: kudos to you, sir or madam.
From: Steph
Date: 09/22/2005
Oh goodness! Poor House! In love with Wilson for so longer and just miserable. I can't imagine what it was like to watch Julie swoop in and take him without even trying. That image of him waiting at the open door for Wilson to come back hurts my heart, it really does. I loved the moment of realization on Cuddy's part, and how shocked it made her. Also, the line that said House had never felt weaker in his whole life. God, it's so painful, because yes he's a bastard, but he's OUR bastard, and we want him to be happy and snarky instead of defeated and bitter. I really loved this fic.
From: Shosh
Date: 06/25/2005
This was so good! I liked the way you moved back and forth between the past and the present, and the dynamics of the relationship between the three of them were very interesting.
From: Tracey
Date: 05/18/2005
Hey there,

Great story .. but I've got to agree with two of your other reviews. The change in time was extremely confusing.

I think the fic itself is interesting and well-written and I like the voice you've chosen for the characters. It wasn't extreme or out of place but very realistic.

That said, a blurb at the beginning of each section, "x years ago .." "present day .." etc would help clarify things.

Thanks
From: Jack
Date: 05/11/2005
Oh wow, this was unbelieveably cute and realistic. i loved everything, the tone, the setup, the sweet ending. the fight betting ;)

oh how pure their love is....
From: amaya
Date: 03/26/2005
I liked it, but all the jumping around from memory to present back to memory was kinda confusing. maybe if you rearranged the sections it would flow better. My favorite part was the last section. all it all it was pretty good. :)
From: carrot
Date: 03/25/2005
I like your writing style - it has action without being "and then they" and dialogue without a hundred "he saids," and the use of superhero vs superhero comparisons is a great way to illustrate a guy-stlye friendship.

This is a great story, and I'm glad I read it. (there are a lot of stories were I quit after the first paragraph because they're that bad - this was NOT one of them)

That said, I probaby won't read it again, becuase I can't figure out how one scene relates to the next. It's difficult to figure out the chronology without expending more effort than I want to on a fanfic.

I look forward to future stories by you, and hope you will continue to post.


(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.