The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Goodnight

Number of comments: 22

(post new comment)

From: nicolina
Date: 10/06/2007
LOVED IT. the sex, which rarely enters the story smoothly, was perfect and well-timed---you're a great writer.
From: nicolina
Date: 10/06/2007
LOVED IT. the sex, which rarely enters the story smoothly, was perfect and well-timed---you're a great writer.
From: Catrina
Date: 07/21/2007
The House Method. Well, it was effective :) A nicely written peek into their world.
From: explorer0713
Date: 03/18/2007
You've probably already been told about a million times (but comments aren't showing here)but the song is not "You Must Rememeber This" It is "As Time Goes By". If you ever get the chance and can find it -- Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa did a version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" that actually makes the song something more than gawdawful.
From: lookfar
Date: 01/18/2007
Aww, sweet. I like that they don't make too much of it.
From: Carol
Date: 12/13/2005
Nice story. I don't know what we would do without Julie and Wilson's other wives to use as a device in our stories. Thanks for a revealing story, and I loved the images that you invoked.
From: Rose
Date: 11/19/2005
I liked the description of House's place, the small kitchen and the piles of books and his liking the windows. Wilson's being comfortable, there, like being in House's head was touching.

You captured that sad-waiting and deep connection between them so well with it.
From: Eos
Date: 09/18/2005
Actually, this is sort of a comment for all your House stories... because I'm really, truly horrible at giving feedback.

I enjoyed all the stories. What I liked most was the way you captured the rhythm and flow House and Wilson's conversations, as well as the almost non-sequiterish shifts. And, perhaps most of all, the understanding that what House and Wilson don't say can be as important as what they do say.

Anyway, thanks for several good reads.

Eos
From: Liz Autrey
Date: 09/18/2005
Amazing. <3
From: Lindsey
Date: 07/20/2005
lol, awesome story. My friend Kasey didn't get the "good goy" comment, he thought it was a typo....very clever. i must admit, it took me a second too.
From: shadowfax
Date: 05/25/2005
Wow. That was awesome. Just awesome.
From: Jack
Date: 05/11/2005
Oh that was so good...especially the ending. House saving the bottom half of the crossword puzzle fits in sooo well with House's character. (It reminds me of the 'lame' move of getting a corsage for Cameron in the latest ep. It's so House. It's the tiny movements for him.)
From: elynross
Date: 05/07/2005
I think I read this when you first posted, and I suspect I was in the middle of my reading up a storm and saying nothing phase, sadly.

I like this, even though it leaves me feeling kind of achey and unsettled. House is opaque to me in this; this far along in canon, I'm not entirely sure that feels right to me, coming from Wilson about House, but it certainly works here. There's just something fascinating in it to me -- many small things, little touches, very spare in the telling and minimal in the emotional showing. And I'm left at the end not entirely sure how either of them feels, whether this will change anything (at the very least, whatever House feels, he seems to indicate that it won't, and I love how you do that), what Wilson really feels about what happened. I get the physical pleasure, but Wilson seems removed and distanced from it, emotionally -- which is also effective for this story, I think.

I mean, he accepts what happens easily, it seems, but in feeling "too old to have an identity crisis," it feels like he plans not to think of it at all -- pass it off as something that happened, pleasant, but without meaning.

Well worth rereading, in any case!
From: Kate Andrews
Date: 03/26/2005
Lovely. :)
From: Kass
Date: 03/07/2005
This story made me happy. I like Wilson's reason for disliking Philip Glass; and "the House method" cracked me up; and the ending was just right.
From: genagirl
Date: 01/26/2005
Another masterpiece! I look forward to more. House playing Britney Spears!!! Gads, killer.
From: Schuyler
Date: 01/26/2005
This was really really good. I guess I'd never thought of Dr. Wilson further back than this marriage, but i love the idea that they have been (and will be) friends through everything.
From: Madeleine
Date: 01/25/2005
Poor Wilson. :(
From: Catalase
Date: 01/24/2005
Just a quick technical quibble; cigar smokers generally won't ever try to relight a cigar that's gone out unless it was such a good one they can't resist trying and/or it's only been out a few minutes. For whatever reason, letting it go cold and then relighting almost always completely ruins the taste. You also can't light one with another, unlike cigarettes- it takes a good ten-fifteen seconds of flame with a strong lighter.

I figure cigar smokers probably aren't well represented among ficcers. Emerging fanon seems to have gotten the choice of drink right, though; scotch goes excellently with cigars. The only thing better is cognac. ;)

Otherwise, pretty good. I liked the conversation around the piano best; very good dialogue.
From: Laura
Date: 01/24/2005
Oh, how I loved this. You got House's snarkiness and constant provocations just right, tempered with the subtle kindnesses he always shows only to Wilson.

Further, the inner voice you gave Wilson, his preferences, worries, and observations, were compelling and felt completely true to his character.

Just a marvelous, marvelous story! Thank you so much!
From: Nix
Date: 01/24/2005
I think I like this story the best of all the House stories you've written so far, despite the fact that you touched on several issues I'm planning to go into in a story of my own. *smiles*

The funny thing is, I'm not sure *why* I like it best. All your stories are well written and free of typos (at least, so far as I noticed). And they're all pretty much in character, although IMHO this one is best on that front (it's spot on, in fact).

I'm not sure what it was...but I *really* liked this.
From: Jayne L
Date: 01/24/2005
Man, that Christmas scene. It can just keep on encouraging fic like this, and I can be very happy reading it all. Especially if it's got the knife-edge-between-snark-and-angst thing you do *so* well here.

You get their familiarity, their boundaries, their buttons...I like it. Very good stuff.

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.