The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Blow the Candles Out

Number of comments: 47

(post new comment)

From: longtimegone
Date: 09/12/2009
This was slowly and achingly wonderful!
From: Jess
Date: 08/09/2009
This is one of the very first House fics I ever read, and several years later, remains one of my favorite. Heartbreakingly lovely.
From: Bella
Date: 12/04/2008
Thank you for a wonderful story. I loved the dreams. They made everything a little more surreal and poignant. My favorite line, oddly enough, was the one where they were both waiting for soft lobster-screams. You're a very gifted writer--keep up the good work!
From: jdr1184
Date: 10/25/2008
I love this story. The contrast of Julie and Wilson's relationship with House is so great. I love the saving of hugs, going to a play, and of course House getting him the gift. The kiss was sweet, but still very in character.
From: bukabe16
Date: 03/20/2008
really nice. beautiful, even. love both, wilson and house in this story.

how about a sequel? O:-)
From: fiona
Date: 02/29/2008
gorgeously written story. you capture the characters well and the ending is sublime.
From: Cheryl
Date: 02/18/2008
I stumbled across this story through the LJ House Hall of Fame (I think it was) site. It's an absolutely beautiful story...one of the best House-Wilson stories I've read in a long time. You write very descriptively--I could easily "see" the characters actions and reactions, and your dialogue is spot-on. Thanks so much for the wonderful read!
From: houseanna
Date: 07/29/2007
This is one of my absolute favourite house-fics. Very well written and in caracter. Sad but lovely and promising at the same time. Good work!
From: Prins
Date: 06/11/2007
Really wellwritten. A bit of an unusual touch to it, though I can't exactly name it. I love the feeling this story gave me.. It's kind of beautiful, hah, yes I know. But anyway. Great work.
From: Erya
Date: 04/09/2007
Oh this is just lovely. I want a sequel!
From: Erya
Date: 04/09/2007
Oh this is just lovely. I want a sequel!
From: Erya
Date: 04/09/2007
Oh this is just lovely. I want a sequel!
From: Sho
Date: 02/03/2007
wow, it's not often that a fic can capture the reality of a marriage that's dead on its feet - ut this is good stuff.
From: housepiglet
Date: 01/08/2007
I've just re-read this, and I can't remember whether I left a comment last time, but in case I didn't I wanted to leave one this time to tell you that it's just perfect. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for posting it!
From: Mary
Date: 10/19/2006
Beautiful. Easy to see why this one's a classic. The characterization is lovely, and I adore the dream sequences.
From: Dawn
Date: 08/25/2006
Again with the words. Pure pleasure to read how you so easily capture their thoughts and words, and best of all their body language. I so believed it all. Thanks!
From: Goldberry
Date: 06/06/2006
I absolutely loved this - the imagery in Wilson's dreams is brilliant, and I think you've absolutely nailed the feel of a failed marriage, and the sort of wistfulness Wilson feels about it.
From: Gabriel
Date: 04/15/2006
Loved it - sometimes the voices were a bit off (phrasing of dialogue seemed like it didn't quite fit with the characters) but it was still beautiful; sweet and awkward and angsty without ending in despair. Well done!
From: nif
Date: 03/01/2006
Oh, this was just beautiful writing. The characterizations were spot on, very good job.
From: Jane
Date: 02/21/2006
Lovely. The last line is probably my favorite.

From: Rhiannon
Date: 02/07/2006
P.S. Excellent job on the characters. I couldn't stop thinking of how well you had them down, and I loved the relationships between all three of them.
From: Rhiannon
Date: 02/07/2006
I live in Idaho. I'd be okay with House and Wilson living here - easier for me to get to them. ;) Good story, keep it up, definitely.
From: EllycatinOZ
Date: 10/22/2005
Nice. Poignant without treacle. Enjoyed it very much.
From: Cyanei
Date: 10/20/2005
This was great.

It's way too 3:30 AM for me to say anything intelligent about why this was great, but I thought it was particularly hilarious that the Ducklings feature in Wilson's dreams.
From: cmiller
Date: 10/08/2005
Yay! I really enjoyed this.
From: The Toaster
Date: 09/25/2005
Oh, I liked this. You captured the... monotonous marriage very well- with that awful sense of resigned pointlessness, you know? Very good.

And lovely House, by the way. It's hard to make him nice and in character at the same time, and it has to be quick and thne gone within an instant, but it was perfect here.
From: icegirl99
Date: 09/18/2005
This has to be one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read.
From: Louise Lux
Date: 09/16/2005
That was lovely, thank you.
From: Paging_Dr_House
Date: 08/11/2005
I really enjoyed this. Well written.
From: Dannica
Date: 07/20/2005
that was....wow...just...hmm...wow lol
From: Dannica
Date: 07/20/2005
that was....wow...just...hmm...wow lol
From: parabuzzle
Date: 06/11/2005
Great story!
From: abbylee
Date: 06/04/2005
That was good and slow and melancholy. Thank you.
From: shadowfax
Date: 05/27/2005
GREAT story. You kept House and Wilson wonderfully in character, and made their relationship believable. Thanks for writing it!
From: Istima
Date: 05/26/2005
Woohoo! I loved this story. Julius Caesar! It was just an amazing, wonderful experience. Paratrooper Jim! I love Wilson's dreams. The last line totally made me awestruck. Also, I suddenly wanted to eat oysters, and isn't cooking lobster hard? Poor Julie. She does everything the way she wants to do it, and she's still not happy. This is the kind of story I absolutely love, because there are people who are flawed and unhappy, yet still a possibility of happiness is there for them.
From: Riverflame
Date: 04/01/2005
How *perfect*. How absolutely *perfect*. Everything about it. I could go to bed with this story in my head and sleep, absolutely contently. If that makes any sense.
From: Dr
Date: 03/27/2005
Damn, that was on hell of a story. He's such a mysterious character and I particularly liked that look into his thoughts.

Bravo.
From: MartianHousecat
Date: 03/26/2005
Wilson and Julie's relationship is a bit colder and a lot creepier than I ever imagined, though I suspect that you weren't quite intending my reaction. Wilson and House's relationship is a bit more easy and a lot more amiable than I ever imagined, but it may just be the subject matter. Birthdays can do that. Regardless, this is one of the few fics that tackles the reality of Wilson and Julie's relationship and does so in a realistic way. Relatively speaking. Wilson is, to my mind, too much the victim, but you've written an adult relationship that fails not because of Wilson and House's secret oh-so-passionate love, but because of the daily stresses of marriage, because they're drifting apart, because they're not entirely compatible and they're not working at it, and I love you for it. It's also a cute fic, with a lot of really fun details.
From: Doyle
Date: 03/17/2005
This is beautiful.
From: Doyle
Date: 03/17/2005
This is beautiful.
From: Ariss Tenoh
Date: 03/05/2005
*laughs* I wonder if this fic fits the description of a tragic comedy. It was bittersweet, sad, and yet with a tinge of hope for the future. Good writing.
From: Nel
Date: 02/26/2005
This was so so lovely. I don't know what to say. Just siiiiiiiiigh.
From: otter
Date: 02/23/2005
Wow, what an exceptional story. Not only beautifully written, but it's plumbing emotional depths and everything. And it's angstalicious! Wonderful work.
From: roxy
Date: 02/11/2005
Everything about this was perfect. the dialog snapped, the discriptions, the reactions--it was so much like the show and House was really House. Lovely, enjoyable and very satisfing and believable. Thank so much!
From: logovo
Date: 02/10/2005
Awww, I loved this. Your Wilson voice, it felt right.
From: katbaggins
Date: 02/09/2005
Wow - never been much of a House/Wilson myself, but I think if it were to happen, this is how it would. I love when Wilson says "I want you to kiss me" - it was so incredibly perfect. I think you've made a House/Wilson shipper out of me :) Congrats.
From: lynnmonster
Date: 01/28/2005
Bleak marriage, compelling House, Paratrooper Jim -- I loved it all.

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.