Home
Comments on Fine Men

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)

From: M
(IP Logged)
Date: 09/20/2013
Thank you so much for this fic! For me it is the ultimate one. Very well written, excellent dialogue, very good storyline, in character, poetic.. Oh, just take all the compliments every written about any story! Love it!
From: LikeAHurricane7
(IP Logged)
Date: 09/14/2011
Oh. OhmyGODyes. This marvelous, wonderful, BEAUTIFUL tale most certainly was not here the last time I traipsed through this archive. How perfect, how magnificent, and how exactly-what-I-needed. Thank you for this.

Ah. That out of the way, let me just add that you carry off James' character with unequivocal, unparalleled mastery. I thought I'd come close a few times, but you, darling, put me to shame; your James is predatory, intelligent, suspicious, and reserved, but open-minded, thoughtful, and able to keep Jack Sparrow on his toes. And oh, your Jack is equally well-depicted: a fool only when he wants to appear so, sharp and observant and tricky, in effortless (albeit wobbly-looking) control of most any situation he lands in--with key, James-related exceptions that are just delightful to read. They're both smooth, rather fierce creatures, but they play with each other well, sparring with every conversation, tense at first, then warming up more and more with prolonged exposure. Their development and that of their relationship are both natural, believable, and reading about them is wholly immersive. This is now my favourite POTC fic, tied with "Hunter" (also in this archive).

In short: thank you for improving my week substantially, I love this story, and I talk a lot. Goodnight.

(post new comment)

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.2.