Home
Comments on Between Wind and Water

Number of comments: 9

(post new comment)

From: Free Dating sites
(IP Logged)
Date: 08/08/2013
Hi, I enjoy your website if I am trustworthy. Wherever did you will get it built?
From: Kiti
(IP Logged)
Date: 08/18/2012
This story feels very real, vivid and solid on its rendering of Norrington's domain of life: Navy and politics and war - all happening in front of your eyes. All the support characters, his colleagues, friends, seniors, enemies, and Norrington himself, spring to life. It is amazing.

As for Sparrow in this story, I can't help but feel he is often less real, more like a spectral existence that lurks in, and brings to surface, the more unstable, disturbed side of James...so I would consider this as a Norrington-centric work, and a brilliant one at that.
From: GunItNeko
(IP Logged)
Date: 07/14/2011
I have to say, I had the pirates theme going on in my head as I was reading the last few paragraphs. Fantastic! Vernon should have died, though. O well.
From: Saucery
(IP Logged)
Date: 06/21/2011
Brilliant, beautiful and luminous, with startling renditions of language that border on the musical ("a warm indigo hour" - oh, delightful!). A true poetry of the heart. I am deeply moved, all sea-foam and longing within me, and you've done it to me, you have.

It astonishes me that you're able to achieve such depth and purity of emotion while still writing with such delicacy and easeful grace. There is not a jagged word in this story, and yet it pulls me in, more powerful than a rip-tide or the great magnet within the earth. How do you do that? Clearly, you are some sort of writerly version of Sparrow, making the impossible possible. I only wonder if there were porpoises involved.

Such excellent work! I shall endeavor to find your other stories and read them as soon as time allows.
From: Raquel
(IP Logged)
Date: 01/17/2011
Oh GOD!!!! I'm SOO HAPPY to find such story!!!!

THANK YOU!
From: neverfaraway
(IP Logged)
Date: 08/31/2010
I had to leave a comment to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading this wonderful story - so much so that I've read it in one sitting. The level of period accuracy was staggering, your characterisations spot-on, and I was moved to tears at least twice by the twists and turns of Jack and Norrington's relationship. You've also written the most well-realised set of supporting characters I've ever read in fanfic, and I'm in awe that you've constructed such a fascinating, absorbing plot revolving around the seige of Cartagena. I may well have to go back to the beginning and read it all over again... *applauds*
From: Kenovay
(IP Logged)
Date: 01/25/2010
Just wanted to let you know that I recced this over at ceanshinythings on LJ - really enjoyed it.
From: becky
(IP Logged)
Date: 04/29/2009
I read the whole fic in one sitting. This is quite simply the best I have ever read. I was swept away. Beautiful, beautiful work.
From: merlenhiver
(IP Logged)
Date: 04/03/2009
(Chapter One:) Wow, what a great opening! I enjoyed seeing James in action, both at Sea and at Port Royal. It all feels very real. I love the historical feel of the story, and the effort you've obviously put into it. It's such an interesting period. Can't wait to read the next chapter!

(post new comment)

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.2.