The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Today
Giles/Ethan fluff. The day after their last fight.
 
 

Today is the first day of the rest of their lives. Today is beautiful and bright. Today is a sunny Sunday and the park is full of laughing children with their mommies and quacking ducks and tourists.

Today is the day after forgiveness, after tears and blood and life altering moments of drama, and yelling and throwing things until the neighbours call the police. Today is the day after Rupert told the police everything is just fine, and didn't turn Ethan in. Today is the day after the day Ethan said for the last time ever that he walked into a door.

Today is the day *after*. Yesterday's survivors are walking in the park, today, planning the rest of their lives. Life.
 

Today is the perfect day to start something new, the horoscope says. Ethan grins and checks Rupert's sign. Today, it says, is the perfect day to pick up something old and give it another try. Ethan is amused. He doesn't believe in destiny, but he believes in chaos and coincidences are funny. Today is perfect for such engineered acts of fate, but for a change, Ethan didn't nudge the universe to go his way. This happened all on its own. He puts down the paper and takes a look at Rupert, eyes shining green in the sun.
 


Email