The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Taking the Initiative
Dialogue from Joss Whedon. Characters from Highlander.
 
 
 

"Kronos."

"Methos?" Kronos walked towards him with a smile.

But Methos' face was serious and he took a step back. "That's close enough."

Kronos stopped, confusion clear on his face.

"I'm warning you, I've been highly trained to put this through your heart." Methos waved a small wooden stake around. Kronos looked oddly interested and perhaps aroused. "No mercy, no warning."

Kronos raised an eyebrow and licked his lips. "I can kill you where you stand." He threatened.

Methos' posture changed minutely, readying himself for the fight. "Bring it on, then."

The way Kronos' hand connected with Methos' face can only be described as bitchslapping.

"Ow!" Methos whined, surprised, and kicked Kronos in the shin.

"Ow!" Kronos echoed, and added insult to injury, "You sissy kicker!" He slapped Methos' arm, pouting. The fight escalated to mutual slapping, hands flapping about in the air and hardly ever hitting flesh. The former Horsemen of the Apocalypse circled each other menacingly and mincingly, throwing insults about kilt-chasing and goats and things one can do with or to horses. Eventually they ended up with their fists clenching each other's hair, pulling viciously.

"Get away!" Methos cried out. "Cut it out!"

"Ow, I'm so gonna bite you!" Kronos panted, teeth baring in a smile that was more a growl.

"Ow... Okay, stop, stop!" Said Methos, the old and wise voice of reason. "We should stop, okay?"

"Okay," muttered Kronos suspiciously. "I will if you will."

"On the count of three..." Methos suggested. "One.. two... Three!"

They jumped apart, each trying to appear more intimidating as they scratched their scalps.

"Well, Kronos, it's been great catching up." Methos snarked dryly. "Really, I'm just gonna pick up the tattered shreds of my dignity and go home..."

"To Macleod?" Kronos spat angrily.

And woke up.

-=-

"I think I'm losing my edge," he complained over breakfast.

Methos shrugged and continued spreading butter over his toast.

"What makes you say that?" Duncan asked, big brown eyes clouded with confusion.

Kronos raised an eyebrow. Then looked around him, at the pastoral surroundings, the white chiffon curtains, the Breakfast Nook For Three, and the distinct lack of black leather, chains, and sharp objects.

"I just get a feeling sometimes," he said mildly.
 
 

  Info:

All Rights to dialogue - Joss Whedon. The Harmony/Xander fight scene.


Email