The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Spell
Playing with magic. Unfinished. Giles/Ethan
 
 

They sat facing each other.

"In the darkness, I see the light." Said one.

They focused on each other's eyes.

"Looking inside, the spheres are clear before my eyes." Said the other.

They took a deep breath.

"We need to..." the last one who spoke started. The other nodded.

Ethan raised his hands, their flat palms meeting Rupert's. Concentrating, they could feel the magick start its course. Energy streaming between them, currents of purple and red and green flowing warm and fizzy from one to another, from one's hands to the other's chest. Ethan felt the room darken, although he knew the lights remained just the same. The clouding was only his own vision.

"Becoming one in a circle..." he leaned forward and could feel the answering pressure on his arms when Rupert did the same. Oh, the strength and intensity of it.

"Connecting into one." He experienced the familiar tangibility of the magick tickling his skin from the inside out.

"Silver moon and goddess," he knew he was babbling and had no idea what he was saying. This was the beauty of chaos. Ethan didn't even know where he was going with this. Just say the words that jumped into your head and hope nothing bad happens.

"Me in him, and him in me," He heard Rupert answering him and the shock went through him. The words Rupert chose made it sound like it could be a great spell for sex, but the feeling wasn't erotic. It was elevating. And somewhat nauseating.

"Seeing clearly from the other side." he gasped. We're nearing the end of this. I can't hold on much longer, he thought. Rising higher and higher.

"Whole, complete and aware." Rupert finished, and they sagged against each other, panting.

A few minutes passed in silence. They slowly recovered and Ethan wondered again how lonely and desperate Rupert must be to attempt a spell with him.

He caught a glimpse of the room, and with it a fleeting thought.

"Is it just me, or has the room turned around?" he asked tiredly. The glow of the magick still ran in his veins, but it was definitely an afterglow. Rupert opened a quizzical eye. And another.

"Are you..." he started. Coughed. Started again. Sighed. "Ethan, do you know what we've done?" he asked. He would've sounded exasperated if he wasn't so exhausted. Ethan shook his head.

Rupert pushed him away. "Look at us," was all he said.

Ethan looked. He saw himself before him.

He looked down at himself. He saw Rupert.
 

  Info:

tbc


Email