The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Shared Dreams
Admitting is the first step. Giles/Ethan
 
 

And at the end of the day, what's changed?

He was still the comic relief, the stuffed shirt. The young ones, not children anymore but young adults in their early twenties, who should know better, still thought he had no life, not to mention a love life. He was still in the closet, not admitting to anyone who it is he really wants.

And he still hadn't admitted it to the one he wanted.

Why, only today he admitted it to himself. Looked in the mirror, and said it out loud, resolutely.

"Rupert, old man, you want Ethan Rayne."

And all it took for him to blurt out that declaration was a close brush with death, somewhat closer than usual, and the knowledge that if he dies now, no one will ever know this. That once upon a time a man loved another man and never said it out loud.

-=-=-

Ethan Rayne. That infuriating man always had a sneaky, unnatural sense of timing. He showed up at Rupert's doorstep the very next day.

"Hello, Ripper." That smirk. Rupert was aching to wipe that annoying smirk off the knowing face. "Any interesting dreams lately?"

Rupert had almost forgotten. Ever since the Eyghon incident, when he had intense, emotional dreams... for example, about fucking a certain dark-haired witch against a wall while screaming his love for the world to hear...

"You know, you kept me up all night." Ethan walked in, uninvited, like always, shutting the door behind him.

Rupert wasn't sure if he's ready to face Ethan just yet. The dream he could attribute to watching a bad movie the night before, to eating some bad Chinese food, drinking too much, smoking the wrong kind of...

But Ethan would catch him in the lie, play him until he loses control and does something stupid, like holding him up against the door and kissing him, moaning desperately and... was Ethan kissing him back?

Rupert pulled away from the kiss and looked at Ethan, astonished. Ethan just grinned at him.

"Right back at you, luv."
 

  Info:

tbc


Email