The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 
 

The Right Kind Of Pilot
I will fly you to the moon and back. Clark/Lex
 
 
 

He just wanted to look around, see what's in the field. Keep away from his dad for a few precious moments.

He didn't mean to go this far.

The man in the field scared him and Lex wanted to run and call his daddy now but now was too late. The sky threw rocks at him, everything exploded, and Lex ran and ran but it caught him.

Lex knew it came for him. When he was lying curled in the flattened field he wondered what the sky was trying to tell him. When his dad showed up, Lex thought maybe the sky didn't mean to hurt him, just to teach him something.

At the hospital, and then at home, for months of recovery, Lex read all he could about stars. What's behind the sky; the sky he thought to be the end of everything. It was just the start. There was so much more than his eyes could see.

Lex knew that some day he'll see it.

-=-=-=-

He was flying in the air, and then in the water, and he thought to himself, it's far too soon. The thing from the sky hadn't come back for me yet, and I can't die before it happens.

He didn't die that day.

-=-=-=-

"Do you believe in aliens?"

Clark looked away.

"Do you believe that they abduct people, take them to their spaceships?"

Clark smiled and tried to say something about what freaky things people believed in. Mass hysteria. Popular culture.

But Lex wouldn't let him.

"I believe in aliens."

-=-=-=-

His dad saw it too. Lex was sure of it. And he knew that his dad knew something more. Maybe had the same thoughts he had.

When Lex was at the hospital Lionel would sometimes look out the window at the sky, worry furrowing his brow. For years after, Lionel would do that. Look up at the sky thoughtfully and frown.

He didn't want to lose his son to the stars.
 
 

  Info:

TBC. Inspiration: Savage Garden


Email