The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Monogamy
I am the End of Time. And get your hands off my boyfriend, bitch. Kronos/Methos
 
 

"Do you want to know what else I didn't tell you about Cassandra?"

It was mid-winter, cold wind howling across the planes and a thin layer of snow started to coat the earth. The tents, made of animal skins and fur, provided some shelter, but not enough. People huddled close to each other, slept in groups, trying to find some body heat, some comfort.

Methos ordered his long haired impudent slave to his bedding. She cuddled by his side and he revelled in the body of another person, in the warmth and softness. Death by freezing was not that bad, but the thawing after *hurt*.

They spent the evening that way, almost in each other's arms, in relative domesticity. Quiet. She didn't rebel or try to hurt him, and he didn't attempt to tame her. For the time being.

But late that night, Kronos returned to the camp. He entered Methos' tent, expression frozen in rage like the winter night he came in from. He pulled Cassandra by her wrist away from the furs, dragging her towards the flap opening of the tent.

"I'll die out there!" Her voice rose, terrified.

He grinned cruelly. "Sleep with the horses then, or the dogs. Or freeze to death. It's all the same to me."

She looked at Methos one last time, silently begging, but he looked away. Kronos flung her out, and she wandered, desolate, towards the slaves' tents.

Kronos looked out after her. He waited until she was gone from sight and then turned back to his brother. Standing over the fur rugs, towering above Methos, still glaring. He made no move until Methos motioned to his side with a sigh.

No words were spoken between them as Kronos crawled into the bed, burrowing close to his brother's side. For warmth, he pretended, but the sigh of pleasure as Methos' arms circled his brother, lover, leader and enemy, was unmistakable.

"So you see," Methos tells Duncan, ignoring his shocked, wide eyes, "He hated her for a reason. He still does. And he'll go after you, too." Methos smiles humourlessly. "Kronos... doesn't forget."
 


Email