The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 
 

Horseback
Things you didn't know about Kronos.
 

He never really liked horses as much as most thought. It was just the most efficient thing.

Can't attack a village on camel back. Not as effective.

He used what he could and he was good at it, but he was never emotionally attached to the creatures. He was skilled, he adapted, he was on horseback for the most part of four thousand years, but cars were much better. Tanks were fun. Planes were useful. None of these had fleas. None smelled. None gave you friction burns in unpleasant places - being immortal, those healed fast, but even a few moments of it... every single day...

Thank whoever for cars.

The smell of asphalt and gasoline might not be pine fresh, but it's a thousand times better than horse shit covering your entire property. And the snot on your jacket every time you walk nearby.

He rode in the desert - and this wasn't a one time deal, it happened more times than he cared to admit - and the horse would just keel over and die. Can't they have immortal horses, he'd wonder to himself as he walked across miles and miles of nowhere, often dying himself a few times in the process, until he found another horse. Having to train a new one every decade or so was a headache.

But the Carpool of the Apocalypse just didn't have quite the same ring to it.
 
 


Email