The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Seven Deadly
Seven snippets. Giles/Ethan
 

*

Pride. Pride at what he does, at his work, at being good at it. Is that such a crime? Such a sin? And a deadly one at that? Aren't you *supposed* to feel pride, knowing you did something *good* - well, good is a relative term. Something successful, an accomplished victory. Good honest pride at a good honest day's work. And this one wasn't even a job - not for the sake of money but for the sake of art and poetic justice.

He looked around at the swarms of tiny, children-sized monsters, grinning. Be careful what you wish for.

*

Standing in the shadows, looking from the dark into the room through the window at the light and laughter and love. Stupid children, they have no idea what it is they *have*. They have no idea who Ripper is. How wonderful and special he is. How lucky they are to have him as their family.

Look at them. Laughing. Hugging each other, hugging *him* - him, who was never into public displays of affection. Look at them having their family dinner together.

Envy burning, until the door opens and a light is cast. He is invited in.

The envy's gone.

*

He'd always had good metabolism. His lifestyle gave him a lot of exercise. He normally could eat all he wanted. It wasn't a big deal, because he wasn't much into gluttony and didn't have any eating disorder...

Until. That day.

And afterwards he sat down and ate, everything in the house and then takeouts and whatever he could find. He would've gained weight if it wasn't for the... well, the next day his life was back to normal. But he never forgot that binge and the depression. It was so unlike him.

What Ripper can do to me, he thought.

*

Lust.

Pushing Rupert against the wall and kissing him like wanting to own his soul, taking his breath away, making him howl with a hand down his pants, grab and take and *hold*. Have to be in contact with all the important bits that would make Rupert want this, need this, feel this...

Lust.

You can't think and you have to make sure he can't think either, can't tell you it's a bad idea and can't remind you how it will be next morning, this is all there is, all you feel between you is this hot, all consuming...

Lust.

*

"You're here again?"

And the beating starts, the pain only a person with great knowledge of the human anatomy can inflict, the utter contempt and heated rage that's expressed in such cold emotionless ways. He's bleeding, on the floor, and he's almost sure he's heard a bone or two break. But it's still a way... to feel Ripper. To be close, somehow. In touch with one of the many facets of this man's personality - if not the most pleasant of them. He appreciates the chance.

That's why he smiles through the pain. That's why he keeps coming back .

*

I want. I want it now, I want it all, I want...

Fingers scrambling, finding, entering. He moans. Want that too. Want his voice. Want his skin. Want inside him, inside where it's so hot and tight. Pushing, penetrating. He cries out. Forcing myself to stop. Battling this greed. Until he is ready.

Until he is mine.

Well, it's just sex. Only it's not really and I want his body like I want his soul and his brain, to have and to hold and to *own*. Mine, all of it, all of him.

Oh, Ripper. You make me so greedy.

*

"Mmmm."

"Are you going to stay in bed all day?"

A sleepy morning smile. "Yes. So are you."

Rupert smiles back... Looks for a moment as if he'll protest, but settles back into the warm blankets. Yesterday was busy, the busiest night of their lives. Fought a demon, saved the world - or at least a part of London - met again, on their own turf now, argued, reached an understanding, found common goals and needs, made up for all the wrongs and the lost years. Decided to give it another try.

They deserve to spend the day in bed.

*
 

  Info:

Challenge: Seven drabbles, exact 100 words to each sin.


Email