Quotes from "Outline Chicago"

* * * * * * * * *

"I remember thinking how ironic it was that I was this gay guy playing this American icon." ...Actor Robert Gant who plays Ben Bruckner (Michael's lover) on the U.S. Queer As Folk, in reference to TV commercials he did as the Good Humor Man, to Advocate.com, July 24.

* * * * * * * * *

"People in the industry who are openly gay ... were pretty split right down the middle with respect to those who thought that I should absolutely come out as opposed to those who thought, 'Absolutely not, this will hurt you.'" ...Robert Gant on Showtime's Queer As Folk, in a coming-out interview with Advocate.com, July 24.

* * * * * * * * *

"Being on Larry King Live and not being able to say to him, 'Larry, sorry, you have some misinformation. I'm actually gay'--it was painful for me."

* * * * * * * * *

"I do want to help change the world. I do want to help people get back to themselves because that's what I've worked so hard to do for myself...to give myself back to me through therapy and through all the books that I've read and working on myself and getting to a point where I can tell the truth about my sexuality, for God's sake."

* * * * * * * * *

Back