Quotes from "Out in Hollywood"

Out in Hollywood

* * * * * * * * *

"I've been crossing many of my own frontiers in my life, now I'm encountering what I believe to be the last real frontier in Hollywood which is what it means of an openly gay leading man type actor playing a romantic straight role."

* * * * * * * * *

About his character, Jacob Kean, in the movie, "Kiss Me Deadly."

"if you think about (Jason) Bourne or superheroes or (James) Bond, their sexuality is just a given and that's the way it is," said Robert, who is an openly gay actor. "When I first mentioned the notion of a gay spy, people laughed and said it must be a comedy. But no, this is a guy who just happens to be gay, and can kick ass."

* * * * * * * * *

About working with Shannen Doherty, in the movie "Kiss Me Deadly."

"I actually had a great time with her," Robert said. "I didn't know going in what to expect. She was great to work with, a diva in the best sense of the word. She's a strong, powerful woman who doesn't let herself get pushed around. That's something that a lot of gay people can relate to."

* * * * * * * * *

About, "The Gayonic Man."

"I think it's gonna be hilarious and awesome," he said. I think we'll actually be able to get some interesting message stuff across. I'm really grateful for everything that's going on."

* * * * * * * * *

About the "Larry King Live," Interview.

"My plan was to come out but to come out on my terms," Robert said. "I really struggled with that particular interview. I had watched Larry King and knew going in that if i were to go there on this show, I would have no opportunity to talk about it and I had waited my whole life to. what I was going to do was write my own article and that's what we had pitched to The Advocate. I'm so grateful that I gave myself that opportunity rather than feeling thrust into a moment."

Back