Quotes from "Open Mike with Mike Bullard"


* * * * * * * * *

Mike: Are you surprised at the success of Queer as Folk? This is what?--the forth season?

Robert: No this is...no we're...just getting ready to start the third season. I'm not surprised at all to be honest. It's about time you know for a show like this, but the funny thing is, people tend to think this is mostly about the gay audience the target audience, but the truth is more than half the audience are straight women.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Audience member: Yeah!

Robert: Yah...ya see? Thank you. Exactly...and uh, ya know...apparently they like the cute guys they like ya know the fact they can relate to the stories or what not...but here's the key...I found out, that the truth is women love to watch two guys getting it on. Now I've got to say I was really surprised by this because you hear about two...

Mike: Not my Mom

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Robert: The truth is I actually like to watch uh, two guys--

Mike: That's alright

Robert:...if I must say so myself.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: Are you gay?

Robert: Oh, I'm gay...yes

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: Now, when did.. Did you come out before the show or after the show? Or...

Robert: Actually Mike, I came out officially last summer ummm...I...ya know I've always been the leading man type guy and there are no...

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: So a lawyer and actor and gay...Boy wait 'til stats cam get a hold of you...

Robert: It's a heck of a combination...

Mike: You meet every criteria they have when they knock on your front door that's uh, fantastic...

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: You were a practicing lawyer...

Robert: I was. I was a practicing lawyer for a very brief time. My firm...it's the biggest firm in the world. Their LA office closed their doors and I just headed for the hills...and...the acting hills, that is. And I think I always questioned weather or not this was actually a good thing until I got onto the cast of "Friends" and saw what life could be like.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Robert: The guys were pretty much always on the pinball machine. One of the guys had nothing in his room except for a huge pinball machine and they were just always going back and forth and I thought I want to do this.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: Now you kissed Lisa Kudrow,

Robert: I did.

Mike: And you kissed my good friend Hal Sparks...

Robert: I have...

Mike: Who's better?

Robert: Well, you're leaving out Lea Thompson

Mike: You kissed Lea Thompson?

Robert: Many, many times.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Mike: Who's better?

Robert: Wow, boy that's a loaded question, ya know? Cause somebody's gonna be ticked off about that. Um, I think because, uh, Lisa and Lea are married, I should probably be safe and go with Hal. And to tell you truth, Hal has the best lips.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Dr Shapiro: You know, we actually call it a digital rectal.

Robert: I like the finger thing.

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Doctor Shapiro: We start at the bottom and work up.

Robert: This is starting to sound like our show!

Play Sound

* * * * * * * * *

Back