Quotes from E! Online

* * * * * * * * *

"For whatever my upbringing was, I think I felt odd around nudity," says Gant, who premieres this week on the hotter-than-hot series. "But the universe gave me this show, and, very quickly, that changed."

* * * * * * * * *

"That's a stumper. They have very different styles. We're talking apples and oranges. Lea was sweet and tender. Hal is really fun. There's always a playful element to it, which has to do with the fact that he's a stand-up. Between the kisses are the Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions. I actually feel like I'm kissing Arnold."

* * * * * * * * *

Q: Is he dating anyone in real life?

A: "I'm a single boy--seeing no one. I'm open to it when it occurs, but I'm in no rush."

* * * * * * * * *

"Hal and I were having coffee one night, and he was telling me one of the big demographics for the show is teen girls. I said, 'Really, that's sort of unbelievable.' Not five minutes later, this girl walks up--must have been 14, little pimply face with braces. And she goes, 'Are you the guy from the show with all the guys? I've only seen it a few times, but my best friend, she's totally in love with you.' I sat there with my jaw open."

* * * * * * * * *

"They keep giving me things to do that I'm just not very good at. One of them is playing basketball. I played football and baseball and soccer, but I never had a clue on the basketball court. They had nine African-American guys, who really knew how to play--and me. I was doing my best not to look totally embarrassed."

* * * * * * * * *

On the set, sometimes I have to let go of wanting to do that third or fourth take, because I'm just sure I can make it a little bit better."

* * * * * * * * *

"Acting. That's comparing apples and zucchini. I think my early rationale was that being a lawyer was like being an actor. But that's just rationalization. They're worlds apart."

* * * * * * * * *

I honestly want nothing to do with the law from that side of the bench. I have moved on--and happily so."

* * * * * * * * *

Back