Gay & Lesbian Elder Housing

GLEH.org

The Gay & Lesbian Elder Housing Corporation is a non-profit organization dedicated to building and operating high-quality affordable residential communities which provide a safe nurturing environment that supports the well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender older adults.

*Robert now serves as Honorary Board Member.




Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders

sageusa.org

SAGE, or Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders , was founded in 1977 and is the nation's oldest and largest social service and advocacy organization dedicated to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) senior citizens.

The SAGE administrative offices are located in New York City at on the 16th floor at 305 Seventh Avenue near 28th Street, in the heart of the garment district. SAGE serves LGBT seniors in all five boroughs of the city. SAGE also maintains a drop-in center in the "West Village."

Additionally, SAGE is the founder of a nationwide network of local organizations for LGBT seniors called Sagenet.

SAGE maintains a full time staff during normal business hours (Eastern Standard Time) and can be reached via sageusa@aol.com or by telephone at (212)-741-2247.

*Read KC's SAGE notes from the Panel Discussion on "Gray Gays." May 1, 2004




Gay American Heroes Foundation

A National Memorial To Celebrate Their Lives

Our Mission

To honor and remember LGBT victims of hate crimes. To engage and inform the public about hate crimes against LGBT persons To inspire compassion and greater appreciation and acceptance of diversity

Our Vision

Build a "traveling" multi-dimensional memorial that will be displayed at college campuses, gay pride events, and communities across the USA to honor LGBT persons, who have been murdered as the result of hate crimes based on their sexual orientation and gender identity.

"The Gay American Heroes Foundation believes that all people who live honestly about their sexual orientation or gender identity are heroic, as it takes great strength and courage to face the daily struggles for personal freedom in the face of enormous opposition; to ultimately lose their life for said freedom makes them heroes." "Gay American Heroes is an important and moving tribute to the lives lost to hate and violence."

*Robert is serving on the Gay American Heroes, Honorary Board.

AWARDS


2016: Robert was honored by ADL Florida at their Miami In Concert Against Hate. This inspirational evening of music honored local individuals who have demonstrated tremendous courage, compassion and determination in confronting hate and intolerance. Acclaimed journalist Steven Sotloff and the Sotloff family, activist Angela King, the late Onesimo Marcelino Lopez-Ramos and Jupiter Police Chief Frank Kitzerow were also honored.

2012: Robert was the recipient of the Pioneer Award, which was presented to him at the GLEH Annual Garden Party.

2008: Robert was the recipient of the Visionary Award, presented to him at the Garden State Equality, 2008 Legends Dinner.

2007: Robert, was presented with the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.

2006: The Human Rights Campaign presented Robert, with the National Equality Award, at the 11th Annual Nashville Rights Campaign Equality Dinner.

2004: Robert, along with other members of the "Queer as Folk" cast, was honored by The National Stonewall Democrats for creating, and presenting, positive and loving gay families in all their variations.

2003: Robert, was presented with a special Civil Rights Award at City Hall in New York.

2003:The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, honored Robert at their annual NGLTF Leadership Awards in Washington, D.C

2003: SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders ), presented Robert with the Honorary Elder award at their 11th Annual Fire Island Pines event.