*Excerpt from AFTERELTON (SPOILER ALERT! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

Best. Gay. Week. Ever! The Pressure is On "Star Trek!"

Posted by

Michael Jensen

AFTERELTON

In more pleasant news, this week it was reported that Robert Gant landed a guest starring role on the CBS sitcom Mike & Molly. So I did some digging to see what I could find out about the part and SPOILER WARNING! Stop reading if you don't want to know the really obvious twist for the episode. Have you stopped reading? If not, you must want to be spoiled so..

Gant plays a baker named Kyle who was once engaged to Molly. Any guesses as to why the wedding got called off? Come on, come on! This is a CBS show so it shouldn't be that hard.

That's right! Kyle preferred to read AfterElton rather than making sweet love to Molly! Of course, this revelation doesn't come until after Mike is all freaked out that the hunky Gant was once engaged to Molly. And since this is Mike & Molly, the angst Mike feels must be expressed by his first eating an entire cake -- because that's what heavy people always do. Normally, I'd say this kind of gay character and gay reveal is tired and cliche, but since this is CBS I have to say it's actually a huge step forward in gay visibility.

And I just made myself gag with that line. But I'll take my Gant any way I can get him, even on CBS.

Back