From Afterelton

Ask the Flying Monkey (August 19, 2008)

By by Brent Hartinger

Q: I'm a big fan of Robert Gant and enjoyed him in Kiss Me Deadly. What's he got coming up next? - GantFan, Key West, FL

A: Gant's career has flourished, putting proof to the lie that you can't be openly gay in Hollywood, even as he continues to play both gay and straight roles. He got a lot of attention from his boy-toy-to-a-really-older-woman role on last season's Nip/Tuck, and the Flying Monkey definitely enjoyed his recent here! TV movie Kiss Me Deadly co-starring Shannen Doherty -- sort of a gay Bourne Identity, except with male nudity (not Gant, alas).

"Right now, I'm filming this new series for the BBC, called PAs, which stands for 'personal assistants,'" Gant tells the Monkey. "Over here, though, the term is synonymous with Executive Assistant (or secretary), not the kind of personal assistants we have in Hollywood! Started shooting in early June and wrap mid-September. It's a one-hour dramedy, and I play Rock Van Gelder, the Texan-born boss of the place they all work. Think Desperate Workwives, if you will. Much more to share, but suffice it to say that I'm having a blast. From a personal standpoint, it's very cool to be playing the romantic straight guy again! The show airs this October in the UK. Not sure when it hits BBC America or DVD, but I think our LGBTQ peeps are gonna dig it!"

Back