A word or two from the crazed duo bringing you this zine:

Putting together two simultaneous zines has been a little bit stressful, I will admit. But it has also been one of the best experiences I have ever had. I have learned so much, and truly have enjoyed every moment—with the possible exception of a frantic "things you have to do tonight" phone call from Keri, eight hours before I was supposed to leave on vacation. It is now six hours before I am supposed to leave for vacation, and writing this note is the last thing I have to do. I hope to be asleep soon.

I hope this venture is the first of many. Keri and I have been blessed with wonderful writers and artists who graciously shared their gifts with us, and no one gave us any hassle at all which was terrific, as basically, we hadn't a clue what we were doing. I have such incredible respect for everyone who participated in the writing, illustrating, and just plain being supportive while we got all of this together.

Working so closely with Ken has been a gift. She is an absolute and utter joy, and a dear, dear friend. She is positive, cheerful, and she keeps lists, an extra benefit. Love you, Partner!

My thanks and all my love go to my husband Rick, who graciously contributed the cover to one of the zines, and in the last three weeks has made and cleaned up an awful lot of dinners while I was playing on the computer. He never complained, although he did look at me funny when I was editing at three in the morning a couple of times.

Thanks also to Sue, although she prefers "Mistress of Mayhem," to me she is truly the "Queen of Margination." Her help in editing and fixing all the margins I screwed up was absolutely invaluable.

And very special thank yous to my own Blintz, HR3, to Liz, to Dawn, and a wink and a hug to Thelma Louise, just because <g>.

Paula

I have to start out by saying that this whole project began with a simple suggestion from my incredible partner. She said, and I quote, "Hey Ker, wanna do a zine together?" Paula's question changed my life for the next few months. Not only did I want to, but what the heck, let's do two, and let's have them ready for Z-con. Well, here we are. In the midst of both of us having numerous personal issues that threatened to flatten us all summer, we pulled it off. What you're holding in your hand right now is a true labor of love for both Paula and I.

I have to add my thanks to the incredible group of writers and artists we were blessed to have. Your talents astound me, and I feel so honored to be able to publish your work.

I also need to give huge thanks, and a box of chocolate (Sees—milk, soft center) to Sue, for that last night before the printer. Your support, knowledge, work, and sacrifice of sleep will never be forgotten, and I thank you so much.

To my special group of fandom friends, who are as dear to me as the ones in my daily life—thank you.

And to my partner, Paula—you just rock, babe. For knowing when I'm sick by the way I type an email. For unflagging support during some tough times. For always listening and always caring. For dozens of 'just five minute' phone calls that turned into two hours because we were laughing so hard and talking about everything. For a friendship I treasure so much. I love you a whole lot.

Keri