THE ZEBRA PARADE

Last October, at Zebra Con, basking in the satisfaction of completing Half You Half Me 2, I thought "This was fun. I should do a zine all by myself." Well, in the first place, nobody does a zine alone. There are dozens of supporters, artists, editors, contributors, etc. that help in producing the finished product. My biggest mistake from the beginning was thinking it wouldn't take long. I mean I did have two companion stories already that needed only minor editing to be print ready. All I had to do was get an artist or two to contribute, one final edit and I was ready to go, right? WRONG! Sydney said this isn't long enough. Marion found a glaring hole in the first story and all my visions of a speedy (six months) production went down the drain. Now twelve months later it is finally ready.

Here it is, the final copy. There are many people to thank. My two teen agers, for doing without a mother. Lucy for help and encouragement and sometimes a kick in the seat of my pants when I argued too much. Sydney for pointing out the need for enlarging. Judy for doing such a beautiful job on the cover and with the first story. Maureen and Ruth for letting me use various illos, one more time. And last but definitely not least, Marion who insists she is not an editor. She's right. She's a magician! She took these two stories and with a word here and there made me enlarge and enhance and taught me much along the way. A very special thanks to Linda and her talented pen for the calligraphy on such short notice. This zine really belongs to all of you because without you it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

T H A N K S !

                                                                                                                                                                                    \