Subject: [VP] OT: VPSFRRJHB Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:12:59 -0500 (EST) From: Glorug *****THE VENICE PLACE SERENADE FLAMINGO RAGTIME RAMBO JIM HEADED BAND IS NOW IN FULL SWING! Subject: [VP] OT: TVPSFRRJHB (reduex) Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:34:53 -0500 (EST) From: Glorug (okay, let's try this again WITH the contents of the email) *****THE VENICE PLACE SERENADE FLAMINGO RAGTIME RAMBO JIM HEADED BAND IS IN FULL SWING!!! ******************************************* Okay music lovers! Here's what we have in place so far. Instruments: Cymbals Tambourine Accordion Paper Wrapped Combs Kazoo French Horn Bells and Belly Dancing (is that an 'instrument'? ) Did I miss anybody? Please let me know who else will be coming to join us and what instrument you'll be playing. The suggestion for our costume thus far includes Dark Green Groovy Fringe Jackets and White Go-Go boots. Anyone else have suggestions about costume design? Does the belly dancer need a special outfit? Remember now folks, we're doing a Manilow/Partridge musical blend. So all of you who have only been practicing 'Mandy' need to get to work on your 'I Think I Love You' real soon! We meet every morning in the lobby, so anyone who wants to take part is welcome to attend. Come on down folks and get in on the fun! Your Mama Bird deserves ALL our support! And yes, the bin with the free earplugs will remain in the same spot in the lobby for the duration of band rehearsals, so all of you who need them just stop by. Ohhhh Flamingo-andy You came and you gave without taking But I sent you awayyyyyyy Cause I Think I love you Isn't that what life is made offffffffff... Oh yeah. We can do this!! Look out Swoon Henry and the Outhouse Boys. We're coming at ya! Gloria Subject: Re: [VP] OT: TVPSFRRJHB (reduex) Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:25:46 -0500 From: flamingoslim@delphi.com To: Glorug Glorug wrote: > > (okay, let's try this again WITH the contents of the email) I spewed diet coke everywhere when I read this. This, after having spent 5 minutes trying to figure out the "code" of the abbreviated message. (I know she's screwing with my head, but what could it possibly mean?) > *****THE VENICE PLACE SERENADE FLAMINGO RAGTIME RAMBO JIM HEADED BAND IS IN > FULL SWING!!! *******************************************< Where's my Harold Hill outfit??? There's trouble in River City!! > Okay music lovers! > Here's what we have in place so far. > Instruments: > Cymbals > Tambourine > Accordion > Paper Wrapped Combs > Kazoo > French Horn > Bells > and Belly Dancing (is that an 'instrument'? ) This is scaring me. You're keeping track??? > Did I miss anybody? > Please let me know who else will be coming to join us and what instrument > you'll be playing. I think one my Dobermans is ready to volunteer. He always howls whenever the fire engines go by and he figures, hey, similar, right? > The suggestion for our costume thus far includes Dark Green Groovy Fringe > Jackets and White Go-Go boots. Now you're turning me on. (Hey, I'm a child of the 60's. Sue me.) > Anyone else have suggestions about costume design? > Does the belly dancer need a special outfit? Now you're *really* turning me on!!!! (The mind wanders...and never returns.) > Remember now folks, we're doing a Manilow/Partridge musical blend. > So all of you who have only been practicing 'Mandy' need to get to work on > your 'I Think I Love You' real soon! > We meet every morning in the lobby, so anyone who wants to take part is > welcome to attend. Come on down folks and get in on the fun! > Your Mama Bird deserves ALL our support! At this rate, it's gonna be support-HOSE. > And yes, the bin with the free earplugs will remain in the same spot in the > lobby for the duration of band rehearsals, so all of you who need them just > stop by. I already snatched the entire bin and stashed it in my apartment. The mini-dogs are guarding it. Watch your ankles. > Ohhhh Flamingo-andy > You came and you gave without taking > But I sent you awayyyyyyy > Cause > I Think I love you > Isn't that what life is made offffffffff... Didn't I hear them playing this as the overture to Night of the Living Dead??? Flamingo checking the want ads for new digs ;-) Subject: Re: [VP] OT: TVPSFRRJHB (reduex) Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:47:18 -0500 (EST) From: Glorug In a message dated 99-03-12 21:13:20 EST, Elaine writes: > Excuuuuuse me...are you casting aspersions on my accordion playing? I'll have you know that when I was a child I was quite good! Well, at least I was good on all those polka's that my teacher insisted I play. There's just something magical for me about accordions and polkas (*sigh*). (Okay, so that's been 40 years ago...but who's counting!)< A thousand pardons, Oh great goddess of the accordion! I meant NO disrespect. I was merely implying that an accordion is a loud instrument and therefore could conceivably cover up a few vocal 'flaws' I would never dream of disrespecting your tremendous talents. I heard the melodic sounds of your accordion today as I headed into the rec center and it made my heart sing. Besides, what would Mandy be without the accordion?? > Besides, I refuse to accept criticism from a neighbor who can't even spell her name right! (hahahahahahahahahaha.....) < Oh man, you got me there LOLOLOLOL Ummm...I uh...well...Gloira is my STAGE NAME. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket. Sincerely, GLOIRA (looks kinda pretty doesn't it) Subject: Re: [VP] The Band's First Pro Gig!! Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:10:44 -0500 (EST) From: Glorug Attention Members of The Venice Place Serenade Flamingo Ragtime Rambo Jim Headed Band!!! As most of you have heard by now if you bother to read the bulletin board in the lobby, our fearless leader Flamingo, who seems to be once again greedily sticking her beak into anything that will attain her more power and control (Seems like she badly wants the job as The Reuben Kincaid of Venice Place) has booked a gig for us in some backwater dive. So after band practice tomorrow I'm going to need everyone out front to work on painting the bus so we can be ready for our trip. And NO, Starsky. NO WHITE STRIPE. I'll expect to see you all with paint brushes in hand...well, except for those of you who have no hands, you'll have to improvise. Just because you're a floating head or a deaf wolf or a bunch of cats does NOT mean you get out of painting the bus. Glo-ira (Off to polish my baton hehehe)