Life on the Road
(The 'In My Life' Remix)


From: the_rib@probedbyaliens.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:39:16 +0000
Subject: Sorry
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

Hey, Joe

Sorry to cut out on you all of a sudden like that, but you of all people know what it's been like lately. It was either cut out, or lose parts of me to which I'm rather attached.

Speaking of things to which I'm rather attached, how's Mac doing? Tell him…well there really isn't anything you can tell him without making it worse, so maybe it's best if you don't mention you've heard from me. Just keep an eye on him, okay? Ha! Look who I'm talking to. Talk about teaching your grandma to suck eggs. But seriously, I know you'll tell me if there's anything I should know.

He has tickets to that John Lennon play in a couple of weeks. Make sure he goes, would you? I'm sure he's doing his usual sitting at home and brooding thing. It's not good for him and he needs to get out in the world to keep him human (so to speak).

I'm fine, settling into life on the road again, so no need for anyone to be worrying about me. Especially you, Watcher. You hear me? Well, read me, anyway. You know what I mean.

Take care,
A.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:59:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: re: Sorry
To: the_rib@probedbyaliens.com

I read you, buddy. Loud and clear. Mac's doing fine.

You should also remember that IP addresses are remarkably easy to trace.

Joe

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: the_rib@probedbyaliens.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:18:46 EST
Subject: re: Sorry
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

Trace all you want, Sherlock. Who do you think invented the anonymizing service?

How's Mac? If he's looking for the keys to the toolbox, they're in the fridge.

Don't ask.

A.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:29:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Not even going to ask
To: the_rib@probedbyaliens.com

Mac's fine. A bit down - ok, a lot down, but he'll survive. He's a tough bastard. Talks about you a lot, though. He still thinks there was something else he could have done to make you stay. Kinda thinking that way myself, buddy. But it's your head and your life. But he sure misses you. And he's not the only one. Are you sure this is the way it has to be?

Found the keys when I went to see Mac this morning. He was a little surprised when I grabbed the cheese and there they were, but he didn't say much. Not going to ask how they got there.

Joe

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: scarlet_pimpernel@hushmail.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:50:14 -0500
Subject: Greetings from Mazatlan!
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

They seek him here, they seek him there….

Like the new address? Bet you knew it was me. I've always said you were smarter than you look.

In case you were wondering, no, I'm not actually in Mazatlan; I just always wanted to send an email with that subject line. But it is sunny here and the beach is excellent. The only way it could be improved is with the addition of one Duncan MacLeod, preferably in a tiny black Speedo, but that's just me being self-indulgent. It's best for both of us this way. Staying together would only get one or both of us killed. And I like being alive, oddly enough. But I miss him a whole lot. Don't tell him that.

Time I was back on the road.

ttyl,

A.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:00:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: re: Greetings from Mazatlan!
To: scarlet_pimpernel@hushmail.com

Hey Mr. Pimpernel

You're probably still hacking the Watcher db, so this might not be news to you, but just in case you haven't been poking around in there lately, I thought I'd better tell you Mac's taken a couple of heads in the last few days. And if you are still hacking it, stop now. Seriously, man, they're not as dumb as you like to think they are.

Mac's fine, as you've probably guessed, cos knowing you you've skipped down to this part. The other guys weren't anyone special, just the usual over-ambitious sword-fodder. Mac hardly raised a sweat. He's fine. Still missing a certain someone, though.

Enjoy the beach,

Joe

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:14:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: re: Greetings from Mazatlan!
To: scarlet_pimpernel@hushmail.com

Hey

Haven't heard back from you. It's been over a week. Everything ok?

Joe

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:23:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: April Fools
To: scarlet_pimpernel@hushmail.com

Come on, man, you tell me not to worry, then you pull one of your disappearing acts. Do I have to put a Watcher on you to find out how you're doing? I will if I have to.

Mac's still doing ok, but he's brooding even more than usual. It's not good for him. He tried to give me the tickets to that play you guys were going to see. He says there's no point in going without you there. You were the Beatles fan in the family, after all. Don't worry, I said no.

If you ask me, you're a pair of damn April fools. You're out there somewhere doing God knows what and he's here eating his heart out. Even if you can't come back here permanently, you really need to get in touch with Mac. For both your sakes.

And if you tell me I'm sounding more like Dear Abby every day, I'm gonna track you down and smack you right on the kisser, pal.

Joe

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: pokerface5000@cardplayer.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:26:24 EDT
Subject: Sorry
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

Had a few access issues. Fixed now. And cut it with the threats to stick me with a new Watcher. I don't need that crap right now.

Mac will be fine, he just needs to work things through in his own time. Be patient.

Despite what Lennon and McCartney would have you believe, love is not all you need. It's remarkably difficult to appreciate the love of a good man (or woman) without your head. He'll come to realize that in time.

A.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: nowhere_man@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:36:44 +0100
Subject: And one more thing
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

You really do sound like Dear Abby.

Me

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:55:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: re: And one more thing
To: nowhere_man@gmail.com

You, pal, are all talk. I don't believe a word of it. If you'd wanted to stick with Mac, you'd have worked it out somehow. That's my two cents, and if that makes me sound like Dear Abby, then stick me in a dress and call me Auntie.

And cut it with the rotating email addies already! You're playing merry hell with my mail filter. And how the fuck are you doing that thing with the time stamps? You've gotta show me that one sometime.

Not-Abby

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: nowhere_man@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:11:12 +0300
Subject: re: re: And one more thing
To: blues_n_booze@yahoo.com

> And how the fuck are you doing that thing with the time stamps? You've gotta show
>me that one sometime.


Not likely ;-)

> If you'd wanted to stick with Mac, you'd have worked it out somehow.

Please do your best to make sure he goes to the theater tomorrow night ("And In The End. Death And Life of John Lennon." Seacouver Orpheum, 8pm). It's very important.

And you missed your calling, Joseph. You should have been a yenta.

seeya soon,

Me

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The end

Back to Contents

Send Feedback