The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Space and Time

Number of comments: 3

(post new comment)

From: melanie
Date: 08/24/2007
It has ceased to be a history lesson, or a yardstick against which to measure all that he has lost, has never had. He thinks of it as his Ray-time.

This is just such a lovely fic. You made me look at Canada (space) in another way and I loved Ben's new understanding of time. Perfect.
From: MonicaPDX
Date: 08/20/2007
Love, love, love the juxtaposition of the guys' viewpoints despite how they're looking at different things. Or maybe it's the juncture. Or parallel. ;) Whatever, it was fun.

And simply a really good story, too!
From: JC tryon
Date: 08/20/2007
You wrote: >>apparently Inuvik is considered a city despite the fact that only a couple of thousand people live here. >>

Few people [maybe ~5500/yr] visit Inuvik; I was fortunate to be one in June. At last count, about 3520 Inuvialuit, Gwich'in, and non First Nation people live there. It is similar to many small towns in the US, but is loaded with the art of natives. The old hockey rink was converted to a communitry green house that produces lettuce, corn, tomatoes and other produce that thrive in the moderated temperatures under the Midnight Sun. Skating now is done in the new skate park in the high school. In general, Inuvik has all the things cities further south have - it lacks for nothing.

I understand your premise about Ray seeing Canada as a 'whole lot of empty', but believe me, out on the tundra, going through the MacKenzie and Richardson ranges, leaves one with a sense of breathlessness. It is a beautiful land, teeming with animal and plant life; it is a marvel. I am thankful I was able to go there; And I can fully understand Benton's desire to return.

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at exwood@hexwood.com.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.3.