Little Green Man

by Chaynne

None of the characters belong to me, but I wish Mulder and Skinner did. :)

Dana Scully logged into the chat room. It was her passion nowadays, logging on and chatting to someone halfway around the world. It was a lot less stressful than saving the world with Mulder, and she could be someone other than Dr. Dana Scully.

Tonight she was using the name "Danka", an amalgamation of her first and middle names. She had logged into a British chat room. This ought to prove interesting.

There was one other person in the room: "LGM".

*hi* she typed.

*hi back*

*what does LGM stand for?*

*Little green man…Danka is a nice name*

*Why, thanks! :) m/f*

*m*

*what do U look like, lgm?*

*tall/w/brown-eyed* She laughed aloud at that. She could picture him now – short, fat and balding.

*U?*

Dana thought quickly, then typed: *black, 36/24/38, browneyed, lots of fun* Everyone knew the first rule of Internet Survival 101: you didn’t give out your real stats on the net.

*age*

*you’re getting personal lgm*

There was a pause, so long that Dana thought she had scared him off. Then he typed:

*I need some advice. M/f?*

*f*

*good. I need to know how women think* He needs to know? I need to know! Dana thought ironically.

*y?*

*I’m in love and I can’t tell her*

Now that sounds familiar Dana thought, thinking about her own convoluted relationship with Mulder.

*y not* She typed.

*she doesn’t look at me that way. she thinks of me like an uncle. I don’t want to be that. im not like that*

*how long have you known her*

*five almost six years*

About the same amount of time I’ve known Mulder. A suspicion formed in her mind. Could this be…? She knew that he spent an inordinate amount of time on the net, mostly because he couldn’t sleep.

*woo her slowly* she typed, knowing what she would like. If this was her partner, she would see the results, anyway. *give her flowers and candlelite and romance*

*you think so?*

*I know so I’m a woman*

*candlelight and romance…okay. thanx, I’ll try that…gotta go*

LGM exited the room abruptly, leaving Scully alone. The topic alone made her pensive and unable to chat to anyone anymore. She powered down the pc and went to bed.

The next day, Scully arrived to work to find a bunch of red roses on her desk and a smile on Mulder’s face. "An admirer, Agent Scully?"

She frowned. "Did you put these here?" she demanded, remembering her thoughts from the night before. The roses alone proved her right.

"No." she knew his tactics. She would regroup and confront him later, when he gave himself away.

****

That night, as soon as she had bathed and gotten ready for bed, she powered up the pc and went in search of LGM. She found him in the same chat room as the night before.

*hi*

*hi danka*

*did it work?* There was a long pause.*I'm not sure, I didn't check. Was scared to. just did as you said.*

Dana smiled to herself. *so what R U going to do now?*

*Not sure...maybe ask her out for dinner*

*no!* Dana typed back, *you might shock her a little too much. Do nice things for her.*

*like what?*

*like flowers and teddy bears*

*TEDDY BEARS?!?!?!?*

She could almost feel the astonishment flowing across the internet. *u no, girly stuff. make her laugh, women like men who make them laugh*

There was another long silence, then he typed *thanx, gotta go* and disappeared from the chat room. Dana sat back in her chair and sighed. This was so romantic...she wished the unknown LGM luck with his mystery love.

****

When Dana got into the office the next morning, there was another bouquet of flowers on her desk. Mulder was sitting at his desk, grinning from ear to ear. Dana frowned and went over to the roses. There was at least a two dozen there. Dana looked up at her partner; she clutched the flowers in her hand and was smelling them. "Fess up, Mulder, you sent them."

"Scouts honor, Scully, I didn't...they were there when I got here." he reached for something under the desk. It was a large vase."Here. I figured that you'd need this." he smiled.

Scully scowled at him.

****

The rest of the week was the same as the first two days. Enough flowers to fill a small store, and a huge teddy bear that would make her niece Chrissy scream with delight. At first, Scully had been convinced that it was her partner, but after a couple of days she realised that it wasn't his style. By the end of the week she was thoroughly confused, but she loved it. Her presents were the talk of the building. She overheard secretaries taking bets it the bathroom as to who her secret admirer was. The list ranged from Agent Darnell down in Accounts, who was well known for his crushes, to some agent she had never heard of in VICAP, who was rumored to like her, and was gearing up to ask her out on a date. She would have liked to discuss it with LGM, but he was no longer online. Funnily enough, she missed him.

Friday morning, Scully felt as if she had stepped into a toystore. There were balloons of all shapes and sizes filling the office. Mulder met her at the door. "Scully, you gotta tell him yes."

"Huh?"

"Whoever the mystery guy is, tell him yes, and we can stop working in Funland."

Scully chuckled and made her way to her desk. She would tell him yes...if only she could find out who she was! She sat down and did what she always did when she first came in, check her mail. While she doing this, her phone rang. It was AD Skinner. "Scully, my office, now." He said tersely and put down.

Scully looked up at Mulder, confused. "I just got a summons from God."

Mulder got up, ready to go upstairs to the Assistant Director’s office. His partner’s voice stopped him. "No, not you Mulder, just me." He raised expressive eyebrows and sat back down."He must of found out we redecorated the office." he quipped.

"Fun-nee."Scully said dryly, but smiled all the way up to the AD's office. When she got there, Kimberley showed her straight through. Scully was surprised to find Skinner pacing the floor like a caged animal.

"Sir?" she asked tenatively.

He jumped as if she hadn’t heard her come in. That was a strange reaction: she wouldn’t have gone in the office without Kimberly's permission.

"I, ah, have a problem."

"Oh?"

"Sit down, Agent Scully."

She sat.

Skinner stopped pacing, looked at one of his favourite agents and started to pace again.

"Agent Scully—Dana--" he began. "What are you doing for dinner tonight?" Scully was sure her jaw was sweeping the ground.

"Sir?!"

"I’m not sure how to begin," he rushed on, as if not hearing her. "I was advised to woo you with flowers and teddy bears and candlelight, so I am. In fact, I have been for the whole week. I, ah, hope you liked the balloons."

Scully was now pretty sure her jaw was on the floor and on its way back down to the basement. He was her secret admirer? None of the building bets had been remotely close to the truth. Then his statement really sank in. He'd been advised to woo her...oh my god...he was LGM!?!?

"Sir – Walter – I didn’t know you believed in little green men." she said slowly, waiting to gauge his reaction.

"How--?!" he demanded, his face a spectacular shade of purple.

Scully took one look and despite her shock, started to laugh. This was just too priceless for words!

Realisation dawned on his face. "You’re Danka?"

Scully took a deep breath and said in a rush: "I don’t really think of you of an uncle, more like God. But I’m willing to find out about your human side, if you really want me to."

Skinner looked as shocked as his agent felt. Slowly his face creased into a wide smile. "I’d be delighted to show you." He said as came toward her and took her hand in his.

Scully smiled back. And people said that little green men didn’t exist…


This is the first time I’ve done any Scully/Skinner stuff. It was supposed to be Scully/Mulder, but Skinner got jealous… :)

© Chaynne Taylor/Shateri Jordan, 1997-2004

Comments? sexychaynne@aemail4u.com



Home