The BLTS Archive - Rest first in the The Four Rs series by ShoSen (shosen@totallykawaii.com) --- Disclaimer: All stories not found in the Originals section are works of fanfiction. The characters are not the property of the fanfiction author, and belong to their respective copyright holders. No money is being made from the production of these stories. --- "You haven't been sleeping, have you?" Malcolm asked. "No," Trip snapped. "I know I should be nice, but these guys are still keeping me up all night." "My section's farther up the Catwalk. We can't hear them from there." "How nice for you." Malcolm sighed. "If you'd like to switch for a night, I'm sure the Captain would be able to find you if something else goes wrong." "Seriously?" Trip finally looked up from the report he was reading and found Malcolm watching him with bemused exasperation. "You're cranky," the Armoury officer explained, "which you have told me in no uncertain terms means that you need sleep." Trip laughed, "Yeah, well, I don't tend to hide that." "Go ahead, get some rest," Malcolm took the report away from Trip, "before you take someone's head off." Feeling every missing second of sleep crash down under him suddenly, he staggered to his feet and patted Malcolm's shoulder as he went by. "Thank you." He barely heard the British officer's reply as he focused entirely on marching his feet towards the sleeping area that had been assigned to Malcolm. Reaching it, he pulled the curtains closed to allow some darkness, and then collapsed into the blankets, pulling them tight around him. Blissful silence. There was the slight murmur of conversation, but it was nothing compared to what he'd put up with over the past few days. He was asleep within seconds. He woke later, going about it slowly and reluctantly. He was comfortable, wrapped in the warm embrace of the blankets. Malcolm's blankets. He was burrowed deeper under the fabric, breathing in the Armoury officer's scent. The blankets, to his half-asleep mind, like arms around him, a warm chest against him back, and with the connection of the scent it was Malcolm holding him so warm and tight. The vision was so real that he expected to feel soft breath against his neck and the skin tingled with anticipation. He stirred, trying to dispel the image, and the blankets tightened, Malcolm holding him closer, and it was more than just his neck reacting with expectation now. He gasped lightly, licking his lips as his mind held the image and his body tightened in anticipation of a touch that would never come. Couldn't come, because Malcolm wasn't here. He was in a different section of the Catwalk, lying under Trip's blankets, wrapped in them as tightly as the engineer was in his. Were his thoughts the same as well? Was his body hard and expectant at the thought of Trip's touch? This line of speculation was not helping his current problem. He shifted again, this time letting the embrace of the blankets loosen. The mental image didn't vanish, but instead whispered Malcolm's earlier words. "You need sleep." Trip nodded, relaxing back against the pillows, his tired body holding Malcolm's arms loosely around his waist. "Go ahead, get some rest." With the soothing murmur in his ear he slipped back to sleep, held securely by his fantasy and the warmth of the blankets. --- continued in the second story in the the Four Rs series 'Relaxation'