The BLTS Archive - Relaxation second in the The Four Rs series by ShoSen (shosen@totallykawaii.com) --- "Go ahead, get some rest," Malcolm said as he took the report out of Trip's hands, "before you take someone's head off." The engineer seemed to slump, then stood shakily. "Thank you," he murmured as he patted Malcolm's shoulder on the way by. "Sweet dreams," he responded, but the blonde was already walking somewhat unsteadily down the Catwalk towards the Armoury officer's sleeping area. Shaking his head, Malcolm took the PADD and made his own way to the engineer's temporary quarters. He put the report down on a stack of them that were beside the bed and then began to smooth out the blankets. The aliens were indeed making noise, low chanting that wasn't quite low enough, but it didn't bother him too much. Stretching out in the small space, he pulled the blankets around him, closed his eyes, and was soon asleep. It was a slight buffeting that caused him to stir later, the ship being rocked just noticeably by a current Travis had been unable to avoid completely. His mind felt fuzzy, fogged, which was odd as he generally woke immediately after something jarred him from his sleep. Although, turbulence or not, he really didn't feel jarred. Instead, he felt warm and peaceful, still wrapped in a pleasant sleep-haze and... something else. He shifted slightly, breathing deeply as he tried to shake the fog and figure out what that something was. His eyes refused to open more than half-way and he looked into the darkness around him seeing odd shapes and shadows and... Where was he? This wasn't his bed, it didn't feel right. No, it felt right, it just didn't feel like his bed. He rolled again, confused, and the blankets tangled around his legs, he shadows shifting, his disorientation growing, and his eyes still wouldn't open properly. There was a shape beside him, shadowed in the darkness and he stopped twisting for a moment, trying to identify it. Trip, his sleep-muddled mind informed him, and he remembered, he was in the engineer's bed, wrapped in his blankets, but... he was supposed to be alone in them. Only he was glad that he wasn't, and even though he tried to get his confused mind to care that he was in bed with the chief engineer, it refused to co-operate, continuing instead to feel calm, pleased, relaxed, aroused. Aroused? Now really, that was too much. He reached out, meaning to wake the engineer, demand an explanation for his comforting presence, and his hand moved closer to the muscular shoulder and--- He woke completely as the stack of data PADDs scattered across the floor in a loud clattering cascade. After a frozen moment he realised that no one was going to complain and sank back into the pillows, staring at the mess. He'd been dreaming, and Trip had been here, and... he groaned, turning to bury his face in the pillow. It smelt like Trip, and it wasn't helping at all. He shifted uncomfortably, his arm slipping under the pillow, holding it closer. The calm feeling from the dream began to return and he snuggled into the pillow before realising what he was doing and forcing himself to stop. When he found himself repeating the action only moments later, he gave up the attempt and cuddled the pillow until the peaceful feeling returned to lead him back into sleep. --- continued in the third story in the Four Rs series 'Recuperation'