The BLTS Archive- Threesomes #8: Twosomes: Comforts by Nyani-Iisha F. Martin(nfmartin@fas.harvard.edu) --- Disclaimers: So, OK. These characters (except for Varena), Voyager, and the entire Star Trek universe belong to Paramount, who, admittedly, have thrown us slashers as many juicy bones as they dare. It's up to us to flesh them out, and so we try. *smile* What I've written about these characters belongs to me, COPYRIGHT 1997 Nyani-Iisha F. Martin; of course, I have absolutely no intention of making any money from this story, and I ask that nobody else do so either. Please ask me before reprinting this story, archiving it, etc. Oh, and, BTW, this is an NC-17 story. If you are under 18 or offended/ disturbed by explicit male-male sex, please find that 'n' key and press it now, for all our own goods. Disclamature complete. Commence story! --- Tom woke up from a deep, sound sleep, pleasantly surprised that nothing more agitating than darkness filled his mind's eye. _I hope this means I'm getting better_, he thought, with a small smile; still drowsy, he turned over to throw an arm across Harry's chest--and paused, realizing with a jolt what had awakened him. Harry was whimpering in his sleep, the normally calm face screwed up in pain, the hand over the sheets clenched into a fist. Tom was about to shake him to wake him up, then thought the better of it, knowing exactly what Harry's nightmare was. _Seven days_, Tom thought, carefully laying his hand on Harry's forehead, hoping he would realize the touch was friendly. They'd been back on Voyager for seven days. Seven days away from that hellish prison, a waking nightmare for Tom, and even worse, if that were possible, for Harry. And seven nights. Seven nights of being unable to sleep alone, of pain-filled dreams. The first four they hadn't managed to sleep very much at all; but, with some time they'd begun to heal a little. Harry quieted somewhat under Tom's gentle touch; encouraged, Tom started whispering, "We're safe, Harry, we're home on Voyager, I'm fine, you're fine, we're safe," hoping Harry would hear him and slip into a more peaceful sleep. Instead, Harry's eyes popped open; he drew a deep and shaky breath, glancing around wildly, and when his eyes fell on Tom he lunged up to wrap his arms around his lover, clutching him desperately. "Tom," he moaned, and Tom held him as tightly as he dared, rocking him, remembering waking in that same panic the previous night. After a little while Harry stopped trembling, and his embrace grew a bit less desperate, though he kept his arms around Tom, his wet face buried in his shoulder; they lay on their sides, just holding one another, for all of several minutes before Harry could disengage himself and rub his eyes, and Tom let him sit up, one arm around his waist, and didn't say anything. It didn't need to be asked; Harry asked for quarter-level lights, then told him anyway. "It was when you were stabbed," Harry said miserably. "You died, I watched you die, over and over again, and each time they dragged me away and then it started again---" Harry's voice broke and he buried his face in his hands, as Tom sat up to drape an arm across his shoulders. "I'm not dead now," he said gently. "I know," replied Harry, smiling up at him, tears still in his eyes. Tom bent forward slowly to kiss the corner of one almond-shaped eye, and Harry smiled and moved his face so Tom's lips slipped across to his. After one soft kiss Tom pulled himself back and stroked his hand up the side of Harry's face to ruffle his hair. "You OK?" "No," said Harry honestly, and looked down again, clenching his fists in frustration. "Tom, am I ever going to be OK? Is either of us? I still can't sleep through the night." "Shhh. Give yourself time. We've only had a week. For what we've been through, how long it takes to heal, we might as well still be there." Harry winced at the phrasing, and Tom couldn't blame him; he kissed his forehead apologetically. "We'll be OK. We will." "How do you know?" _Because I stayed alive when I had a lot less to live for_, thought Tom, trying to think of something inspirational; startled by his pause, Harry looked up at him, those clear dark eyes demanding honesty, and Tom gave up and told him what he'd thought. Harry smiled, and smiled wider when Tom added, "And if you could survive being sick underground with a cranky half-Klingon you can survive a Cardassian prison movie with me"; he opened his mouth to reply, then thought better of it and leaned forward to kiss Tom, a kiss partially about comfort, partially about love. Tom pulled him close, glad to feel Harry's solid body warm against his, glad beyond measuring that he could feel anything besides the creeping cold he'd felt as his life drained out of him. As if he knew what Tom was thinking, Harry ran his fingers through his hair and kissed him harder, kissed him with desire; when they leaned back Tom had to only partially force his grin as he said, "Well, everything has a silver lining; at least we have sex every night." "Oh, shut up," said Harry with a smile, looking nearly as happy and young as he had ever used to be, and pulled Tom's head down to his again. They lay down on their sides, caressing and kissing, willing themselves to forget everything but each other; wrapping his arms around him and threading his legs through his, Harry seemed to want to tangle himself up completely in Tom, and Tom was certainly not going to complain. He bit Harry's ear gently to make him smile, then kissed his way across Harry's face to plant a kiss on the tip of his nose and look at him. "Tom?" said Harry, a question in his voice, and Tom smiled and shook his head. "I just want to look at you," he said, putting one hand on Harry's cheek, and Harry smiled back. "I just..." "I know." Harry turned his face into Tom's caress, kissing the heel of his hand; Tom kissed his cheek and buried his face in his neck as he gently rolled Harry beneath him, then started to kiss his way down his lover's body. Harry reached for him, but Tom patted his hands down and kissed them. "Just lie still and let me love you," he whispered, and Harry relaxed with a sigh. Traveling slowly, tracing his path with tension-banishing kisses, Tom reached his goal and took Harry into his mouth, humming softly and soothingly in the back of his throat. Right then, he wanted nothing more than to make him feel better, for a few short hours at least so Harry could sleep in nightmare-free peace. What they had been through had been so hard on Harry....and Tom had always found comfort in comforting someone else. Harry put one hand in Tom's hair, not pressing his head down--he would never do that--but just touching him, as close as he could get to embracing him; feeling Harry's fingers in his hair as he sucked on him, Tom had a momentary thought that they were joined in a loop, before he dismissed it as excessively romantic and moved down to suck Harry's balls into his mouth.... .....And would have smiled if he could, as Harry let go of Tom's hair instantly, grabbing the sheets and moaning. _He always likes that_, Tom thought, with a mental grin, but the smile vanished from his mind when Harry gasped, "Stop, Tom. Please." Tom sat up instantly; Harry's eyes were closed, his face flushed. "You OK?" he asked, worry freezing the fire in his veins, forming a nucleus of ice in his stomach. Harry caught his breath for a second longer, an eternity of fear for Tom; then he opened those beautiful dark eyes and smiled up at him, and Tom felt his heart all but melt. "I'm OK," Harry said, reaching up to pull Tom down to himself and kiss him deeply and warmly. Relieved, Tom held him tightly and kissed him back with almost bruising force for a moment, before he gained enough self-possession to ease up a bit, but Harry smiled up at him when he let go, before pulling him back down. "I didn't mean to worry you," he whispered in Tom's ear. "I just...I can't put my arms around you that way. I want to hold you as you make love to me." "Well, why didn't you say so?" said Tom with an impish grin. Harry grinned back and kissed him once more. "Did we finish off the lube yet?" "No, here it is." Tom scooped out a fingerful while kissing Harry again, closed the jar one-handed while not even looking at it, and then slid one arm underneath Harry as he wrapped the other hand around him. Harry wrapped both his arms around Tom, nestling his head in under his lover's chin, and sighed again as Tom started stroking him, his other hand flat against Harry's ribs, his arm under his back. Tom turned his head to kiss his lover again, kissing him deeply as he increased the pace and felt Harry moan into his mouth, tensing; extending one finger he hooked it around his balls and smiled to himself when Harry gasped, then clutched Tom tightly and kissed him back a good deal harder than before. Tom had thought to break the kiss and look down at Harry again, but Harry slid the fingers of one hand into Tom's hair and held him, kissing him hard and trembling, and didn't let go of him. Tom started pulling faster on him and Harry moaned, his mouth moving under Tom's, his hand tightening in his hair, and Tom heard himself moan back as Harry dragged the tips of one hand's fingers across the sensitive skin of his side and down to his hip. They stayed like that for awhile, kissing each other till their lips were nearly sore, Harry clinging to Tom and Tom holding him tightly as he stroked him, losing himself in the kiss, in the rhythms of the stroking, of Harry's heartbeat, his pulse. Wrapped up in his friend, Harry started moaning continuously, beginning to tremble, and Tom smiled in his mind, knowing just what to do to make him come and immensely glad to be able to know. After only a little while Harry shuddered and came, with a gasp that sounded rather like a sob; but, then, it was hard to tell, as his cry was muffled by Tom's kiss. With one final kiss Harry let his head drop, and Tom relaxed his arm, realizing how tightly he'd been embracing his friend. When he raised his head to look at him Harry looked peaceful, beatific, but a tear rolled out of the corner of one eye; Tom leaned over him to kiss it away, and Harry smiled, eyes still closed. Tom smiled at that, feeling warm and relieved, then sat up to find something to wipe his hand on; when he returned with a cloth from the done-laundry pile Harry was looking at him, just watching him quietly. "What?" Tom asked, finding himself worrying again. "Nothing," Harry said, and smiled wider, and Tom smiled back, but felt himself force it, against a rapidly growing fear. _I keep worrying, I'm still afraid... Oh, dammit!_ Tom thought with a burst of annoyance, and threw the washcloth against the wall. Harry was beside him in a heartbeat, hands an inch from his shoulders. "Tom, what's wrong?" "I don't...Oh, fuck it, I do know. Too well." Harry sighed in sympathy and put his arm around his friend, laying his head on his shoulder. "I felt this wave of fear..." Tom continued, putting his arm around Harry. "Every time I'm not sure you're OK I get so afraid, unreasonably afraid. I'm sick of it." "I know," replied Harry. "We're both sick of being sick." Then he started to chuckle, and raised his head. Tom followed his gaze to see that the washcloth had stuck to the wall, and started laughing, too. "That is *truly* gross," he said, and got up to pull it off. Harry met him at the refresher. "Let's take a shower." "I thought you'd be sleepy!" "We have four and a half hours before we have to get up. Let's take a shower." At least there was hot water this week. As soon as Harry got in he wrapped his arms around Tom to kiss him again, and Tom laughed. "I thought we were supposed to be showering!" Harry's smile had a slightly mischievous tilt. "I didn't say anything about getting *clean*," he said, and Tom smiled back and let himself be kissed, wrapping his arms around Harry again. Harry gently pressed him back against the wall, the hot water cascading over both their bodies, and found Tom's nipple with one hand as he held him around his waist with the other, pressing his thigh into Tom's groin until he groaned with renewed arousal. Harry kissed his face, cheek, chin as the hand at the nipple stroked its way down to encircle Tom's erection, and kissed his way slowly down the length of Tom's torso until he was kneeling before him, one arm embracing his hips. "Harry," Tom moaned, wanting to tell him a thousand different things, but only that one word, heavy with emotion, passed his lips. Pressing his hands against the wall for support Tom looked down at Harry, who had his face pressed into Tom's thigh as he murmured something like "owe you"; then, before Tom could think to figure out what he'd said, Harry raised his head to smile up at him, water running down over his face and dripping off his nose. "Tom," Harry said, so very softly, looking up at him as if he were the best thing in the galaxy. "I love you." "Oh, gods, Harry. I---" Tom's reply was choked off as Harry, his hand still wrapped around Tom's penis, bent his head and mouthed his balls, and it was all Tom could do to keep his knees from buckling. Harry switched hand and mouth, and heat rushed up through Tom's veins as warm water poured over him; he laid his head back against the shower wall and trembled, caught between warmth and warmth, melting into Harry's touch, his hold, held in his hands and mouth and love. And, to both his and Harry's surprise, came right then and there. "Whaoh," Tom murmured, slumping against the wall, and then realized what he'd said was not words, as Harry made a face and quickly caught some of the shower water with his hand to rinse his mouth with. "Uh, ack," said Tom, fumbling towards coherency. "I'm sorry, Harry." Harry unscrewed his face to smile as he turned back to Tom. "It's OK. It surprised you, huh?" He smiled wider at Tom's sheepish nod, and reached out to turn off the water, holding Tom around the waist with the other arm. "That's what I thought. And let's get back into bed; you're falling asleep on your feet." "Oh, *now* we're going to sleep," drawled Tom, who did indeed feel like falling over and sleeping on the bathroom floor. Harry laughed and handed him a towel. A few minutes later, back in bed, Tom pulled himself back from sleep and rolled over to face Harry; there was one last thing he had to do. "Harry?" "Mmmph?" "I love you, too, you know." Harry opened his eyes. "You just couldn't go to sleep without telling me." But he was beaming, despite his words. "Varena---" "Which one was that?" "My third--taught me to never let any declaration of love go unreciprocated." Harry grinned at that. "Wise woman. And," he continued, reaching over to stroke Tom's damp hair, "I know you love me. After seeing you emerge from that....wolfpack to stand over me, I'll always know." Tom smiled, and kissed the heel of Harry's hand, but something drew his gaze, and when he looked at his lover again Harry looked troubled. "Actually," Harry said, in a small voice, "I lied." "About what?" "You didn't *die*, in my dream....I....I killed you. Over and over. And each time I was *so* sorry afterwards, I dropped the pipe and tried to hold you, but Zio dragged me away, and then it started again...." "Oh, Harry." Tom held out his arms, and, after a moment's guilty pause, Harry snuggled into his embrace, tucking his head under Tom's chin, shaking again. "Harry. You know what *I* see in my dreams? You know what I'll always remember? Looking up at you with blurry eyes as you stood over me saying 'this man is my friend; nobody touches him'. That's what I remember. And you know that." Harry nodded a little, the movement muffled by Tom's body. "OK. I just..." "Hey, Harry, I'm *not* dead. Because you saved me." "OK." The reply was firmer this time, and happier; Tom squeezed Harry tightly for a moment, and Harry returned the embrace with breathtaking force, before they relaxed. "Now, c'mon", Tom continued hoping he sounded soothing, "we need our sleep." Harry opened his mouth to reply and yawned, and laughed sleepily. "Yeah, I guess we do. And, Tom? Thanks." "Hey, no problem." With Harry wrapped safely in his arms and pillowed comfortably on his shoulder, Tom smiled himself, just a little, and closed his eyes. --- The End