The BLTS Archive- Love Hurts Part Eleven by Karen (CP4Karen@aol.com) ---- Disclaimer: Paramount owns them. I imply no copyright infringement. c1998 Karen --- "Kathryn, you are certain that Greco-Roman wrestling is done while the participants are unclothed?" "Yes, Seven." "I find this an unusual position in which to begin the contest." "You are stronger than I am. This just levels the playing field a bit." "Kathryn, you are sitting on my thighs with my wrists pinned at my sides. One might get the mistaken idea that perhaps *I* am the playing field." Janeway smiled and slowly lowered her head. "Let the games begin." --- Thick fog swirled through sickbay with a ship's horn sounding in the distance. During their last tryst, Chakotay had reprogrammed the holoDoctor's emitter without his knowledge. He smiled at the muffled curses as the other man stumbled his way through the Commander's holoversion of 'A Foggy Day in London Town.' "Chakotay, I've got the cover off this conduit. Hand me the laser scalpel." At B'Elanna's whispered command, the Commander moved back to kneel at her side. "You really think that this will work?" Torres grinned. "I have no idea. But I'll be damned if I'm going to just sit here and watch him surgically alter you to a female." Chakotay looked down at the dotted lines drawn on his chest. "That was a little close, wasn't it?" //I wonder if Tommy would like me with breasts?// He didn't have time to ponder further as the Doctor's voice rang out uncomfortably near to their biobed hideout. "Oh, Jean-Pierre....you naughty boy. Come back to Raoul and let him finish his work," the holoDoc playfully called. B'Elanna swore and sped up her efforts. She was fond of the big guy's plumbing just the way it was. --- "Punkin?" "Yes, Lamb." "You feeling better now?" Vorik looked up from his lover's toenails which he had been busily painting 'Mandarin red'. "Much, much better, Lamb. I can never begin to thank you for what you did." Harry grinned and ran a hand through his newly blond hair. It *had* been inspired. A bottle of bleach and a few hours a month in the tanning booth and voila! Instant summer. The road to true love might be bumpy but the destination and his travel companion made the journey worthwhile. --- "Paris to Neelix!" "Yes, Kitten?" "Where *are* you?" Neelix almost sobbed at the anguish in his ex-sweeting's voice. Tuvok grasped his husband's arm to lend him the wealth of his Vulcan strength. "Tommy, we're still trying to get to you, but I swear that the ship is changing shapes! We went to the mess hall to get my disrupter and when we came out we were in waste containment instead of the corridor!" "That explains lunch." "Tommy!" Tom's trembling sigh stopped Tuvok's tart comment before it began. "Ohhh, Nee-nee, I'm sorry. I'm just sooooo worried about Chakotay. While I was waiting, I hacked into the ship's medical personnel records. Did you know that the holoDoc was almost erased after being accused of doing unnecessary rectal exams?" Tuvok shuddered. He had been the one that filed the report, and had omitted the portion about the doctor's favorite diagnostic tool being his *own*. He put aside his inner turmoil and squeezed Neelie's arm for reassurance. "Thomas, the Commander is strong and there is a seventy-seven point four percent chance that his--" Tom stared at his commbadge as static suddenly filled the air. "Computer, establish communications with Lt. Commander Tuvok." //Unable to comply.// "Then try Neelix!" //Unable to comply.// "I hate that bitch", Tom mumbled as he ran a frantic hand through his hair, hissing in pain as Mona's SupraHold hair spray turned out to be just that. "Computer, open a comm channel to anyone on Voyager." //Unable to comply. All communication relays have been disabled.// "By who?!" Tom pouted and stomped a slender boot in frustration. "By me, of course." Paris' blood ran cold. "Doc?" --- Q looked up from his monitor. "We cannot leave things like that!" The Director shrugged. "You had your chance. Orders have come down that we are to let these realities implode." Q was aghast! "There are one hundred and seventeen separate universes involved! One hundred and seventeen different versions of my favorite humans! One--" "Enough! Do you think it is any easier for me to shut down that many experiments? We have been conducting these tests for eons, and now because of your ineptitude, we will have to start over. Do you realize how many billion Petri dishes that is?" "Fuck your experiments! These are lives we are talking about, not bacteria! Granted that they are very primitive, but they meet our basic requirements for sentience. To destroy them now would be wrong!" The Director paced the length of his office and then turned. "We haven't had this conversation. I was unable to reach you before you initiated 'Plan B'. Have I made myself clear?" Q smirked. "I'm sorry, but I'm not here." And then he wasn't. --- TBC Does anyone remember why I started this story? Stay tuned while I try to figure it out and for Part Twelve of "LOVE HURTS"