The BLTS Archive- Love Hurts Part Ten by Karen (CP4Karen@aol.com) ---- Disclaimer: Paramount owns them. I imply no copyright infringement. c1998 Karen --- "Neelie, there is an anomalous reading approximately ten meters ahead. A duad or possibly a symbiotic creation, judging from the differing internal readings." "OOOOOAAAARRRROOOOOOIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEOOOOOOO!" "Uh, Tuvie, that didn't sound too good--" "YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!" Carefully shielding his beloved's body with his own, Tuvok crept to the head of the corridor. Eyes widening, he bent to the left with his head parallel to the floor. --- A series of howls in the distance broke Tom's paralysis born of indecision. Turning swiftly, he tore the panel from the nearest ventilation duct and crawled inside. Curling up into a small ball, the young man took out a data padd and proceeded to update his last will and testament. --- "Tommy...." "No, darling. Remember, I told you to call me 'Raoul'. This time I'm a famous opera tenor and you're Jean-Pierre, my enormously gay but magnificently masculine pool boy!" Chakotay frowned slightly, but moved into his lover's arms. Something just didn't seem right. Why did he keep seeing deep blue eyes every time he closed his own? The bronze hunk stiffened. What little hair that 'Raoul' possessed was definitely not reddish-gold. He began to struggle, but soon found that he was now held by a series of tasteful fleece-lined restraints. "Tommy!" In a darkened corner, a small semi-Klingon woman began to stir. --- "Tuvie, are they doing what I think they're doing?" Tuvok straightened and pulled his husband's head into the curve of his neck. "Don't look at them, Neelie. There are some things that are too painful to witness." Neelix rose on tip-toe and peered over his loved one's shoulder. "Honey, I've seen a man and a woman doing that before. You forget that Kes and I were quite an item before she channeled that barbarian." Tuvok sighed and kissed the silky mane next to his cheek. "And look where it got you! You ended up with a broken heart and a energy cloud for an ex-lover. How are you supposed to get closure?" At his husband's look, he backed down. "Neelie, it's not that they're a man and a woman. The cultural taboos over that have been resolved for centuries, it's just that it's....it's...." The amber eyes blinked in confusion. "Yes, Tuvie, my love?" The Vulcan took a deep breath. "Sex is one thing, dumpling, but if history has shown us anything, it's that men are from Bajor, and women are from Risa. 'Love' between the sexes is just asking for heartbreak." Neelix tenderly kissed his passion pillow. "You're forgetting that if Kes and I hadn't been together and then broken up, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to counsel me. We might never have gotten together." Tuvok raised one magnificent eyebrow. "You are in error. I wanted you from the first day I saw you. Your passion for life and love is unsurpassed by any that I have seen, and that includes Tom Paris." He kissed his husband until he squeaked. "You're mine, T'hy'la." --- TBC Where are Kathryn and Seven? Where is Q? Where are punkin and, I mean Vorik and Harry? Who will Tom leave his vid collection to? Stay tuned for the answers to who knows what in Part Eleven of "LOVE HURTS".