The BLTS Archive - Images by ILuvKate --- Kathryn Janeway was coming down the corridor when she saw B'Elanna Torres entering the holodeck. That in itself was not unusual, but her attire decidedly was. It was obvious she was dressed for an evening of seduction or sex. Or both. She raised an eyebrow, wondering idly why B'Elanna needed to seek holographic company when any organic being on Voyager would have been happy to keep her company for an evening. Giving a small shrug, Janeway continued on down the corridor to her destination. She did not look at the title of the program Torres was running. "Ahhhhh," B'Elanna Torres gave a long sigh of release as she rolled off Kathryn Janeway and lay on her back panting. The hologram reached for her again, but Torres pushed the hand away. "Don't," she said. "I'm still trying to get my breath back." "Ah, but you know you love it," the holographic Kathryn murmured, moving over to lie on her side, head propped on one hand, the other hand trailing over Torres' belly. Torres turned to look at her. Longing and desire welled up in her. If only.... --- When, just a couple of days later, Janeway saw Torres leaving her quarters, again dressed for a romantic evening, she became curious. After a few minutes, she asked the computer to locate Lt. Torres. "Lt. Torres is in Holodeck 2," the computer responded. Janeway again found it curious, but she did not pry into the private lives of her crew. If B'Elanna preferred holographic company to human, then that was her business. If it began to interfere with the performance of her duty, then would be the time to step in. It wasn't uncommon to become attached to a hologram, and usually such a situation resolved itself. --- The next morning, Janeway entered Engineering and looked around for Torres, intending to go over some reports with her. She found the Chief Engineer sitting at her console, chin in hand, seemingly a million miles away. Janeway stood watching her for a moment. "Penny," she remarked. Torres jerked upright, staring blankly at the captain. Then, startlingly, her face flushed darkly scarlet. Janeway grinned. "Maybe worth more than a penny," she quipped. Torres, stood hastily, obviously flustered and more than a little discomfited. Janeway wondered fleetingly just what the younger woman had done on the holodeck last night. "Ahh, what...can I do for you, Captain," Torres asked, struggling to sound brisk and business-like. "I have some reports I wanted to go over with you," Janeway said, matching her tone. "Of course," Torres said. "I could have come to your Ready Room, Captain." "I needed to stretch my legs," Janeway said, handing her a PADD. --- The next night, Janeway happened to observe Torres exiting the holodeck and it was all too obvious that she had finished an apparently strenuous bout of lovemaking. Janeway shook her head bemusedly, and her curiosity increased. The next night, she made it a point to be near the holodeck and saw B'Elanna, dressed as usual, for an evening of sex. When the holodeck doors closed, Janeway casually walked over to see what B'Elanna was running. "KJBTalpha," she read. She frowned. Curious name for a holo-program. K..J..B..T... Oh, well. That, too, was Torres' business. She walked on past the holodeck, heading toward her quarters. In her quarters, she sat down on the couch and laid her head back on the back of the couch, propping her feet on the coffee table. Suddenly she sat straight upright, her feet thumping to the floor. K...J.... Surely....surely it wasn't.... She rose and left her quarters and headed for the holodeck. There was a privacy lock, and Janeway shamelessly overrode it, stepping into the holodeck. The scene was from Risa, the lush pleasure planet in the Alpha Quadrant. It was a pleasant summer day. Janeway heard the sounds and turned toward them. She didn't know whether she wanted to see if her suspicion was true or not, and she didn't know what she was going to do if it was. If B'Elanna was doing what she thought she was doing, she was breaking regulations. She came upon the two panting, sweating bodies that were a tangle of arms and legs. And breasts and hands. Janeway watched the holographic image of herself making intensely passionate love to B'Elanna Torres with a sense of detachment. Her feelings were a whirl. As B'Elanna started to roll the hologram over, she caught the flash of red and black out of the corner of her eye and snapped her head around. Searing shock numbed her for a moment as she saw Kathryn Janeway--the real one--standing and watching. B'Elanna sat up straight, dislodging the holographic Kathryn, and stared in sick shame at the real one. Her heart pounded in her chest. "Computer, delete character," Janeway said. The hologram disappeared and she went over to sit down near B'Elanna who sat, knees drawn up, her head buried in her folded arms. Janeway waited. At length B'Elanna raised her head and turned away, reaching for her clothes. She pulled them on and then sat staring at her hands lying loosely clasped in her lap. The silence lengthened and Janeway saw that B'Elanna wasn't going to break it. She sighed. "You're aware of the regulations concerning the holographic recreation of fellow crew members, and particularly your commanding officers," she said. "Yes, Captain," B'Elanna's voice was a tortured whisper. Janeway rubbed her eyes. This was just one more indication of the dire need for a ship's counselor, she reflected. "Well, that's beside the point," Janeway went on. "That I'm willing to overlook." She shifted position. "But I can't overlook the circumstances, B'Elanna." She saw the younger woman swallow convulsively. "No, Captain," came the miserable whisper again. "I apologize for invading your privacy," Janeway added, "But now I'm glad I did, because we need to discuss this." B'Elanna gave a short, sharp head shake of denial. "Yes," Janeway said firmly, "we do." "Captain, please put me on report, or suspend me from duty, or whatever it is you're going to do, but please just drop it now." "I'm not going to put you on report or anything else," Janeway said. "But we are going to talk about it." As B'Elanna started to bury her face in her arms again, Janeway moved over to her swiftly and took her chin between thumb and forefinger, turning B'Elanna's face to hers. B'Elanna gave an agonized whimper, but Janeway ignored it. "Talk to me!" she said. B'Elanna tore away from her and stumbled to her feet, walking away a few steps. Janeway got to her feet also. B'Elanna had her arms wrapped around herself, hugging herself tightly. "How long have you felt this way?" Janeway asked gently. B'Elanna made a helpless gesture. "I don't know," she said with resignation, seeing the captain was going to force her to face her. "A while." Janeway decided not to belabor that point. "B'Elanna," she began, choosing her words carefully. "This has taken me completely by surprise." "I know how disgusted you must be," B'Elanna interjected. Her voice was tired as though she had no more will to fight anything. "Oh," Janeway snorted in exasperation. "Give me some credit for being a little broad- minded, will you? I'm not disgusted." B'Elanna just shot her a look. "My God," Janeway went on. "I went to the Academy. I've been on deep space missions. Hell, do you think I've never slept with another woman?" B'Elanna swiveled her head around to look at her. Janeway lifted her shoulders. "So what? Many, many women in Starfleet would say the same thing. Be realistic," she added. She walked over toward B'Elanna a measured step or two. "As I was saying before I got sidetracked, this is a complete revelation to me. I never considered...." Her voice trailed off. "But now that it's been brought to my attention...." She was directly behind B'Elanna now and she put her hands on B'Elanna's shoulders. "...I can't say I'm displeased." B'Elanna stiffened. She was as still as the tree behind them. Janeway slid her hands down B'Elanna's arms. "No," she whispered, "I can't say I'm displeased at all." She turned B'Elanna to her and pulled her close, capturing B'Elanna's mouth with her own. B'Elanna lost herself in a kiss she had only dreamed of previously, drinking in the taste and feel of Kathryn Janeway's mouth, finding it to be everything she'd expected and more. Janeway's kiss was firm and demanding, seeking her tongue, exploring all the nooks and crannies of her mouth. They sank to the ground without either of them realizing it. Kathryn covered B'Elanna's body with her own and through the haze and heat of pleasure flooding her brain, B'Elanna was acutely aware of Kathryn's body pressed into her own. Kathryn lifted her head, staring down at B'Elanna's flushed face and swollen lips. Deliberately, holding B'Elanna's gaze with her own, she reached down to undo the gauzy tunic B'Elanna had on and opened it, baring B'Elanna's breasts. Her eyes flicked briefly to B'Elanna's breasts and then moved back up to hold B'Elanna's gaze again. She brushed the ball of her thumb across B'Elanna's nipples, first teasing one erect and then the other. Then she bent her head once more and kissed B'Elanna's luscious mouth again. B'Elanna drank her in, wanting more of her, and Kathryn gave her more. She left her mouth long enough to finish undressing her, and B'Elanna was naked under her hands and eyes now, and she reveled in Kathryn's scrutiny. "You are beautiful," Kathryn whispered as she stroked silky, dusky skin, her fingers leaving a searing trail of heat and fire wherever they touched. B'Elanna reached for her and Kathryn let herself be undressed. B'Elanna took Kathryn's breasts in her mouth hungrily, sucking them hard. Kathryn made small sounds of pleasure as B'Elanna fondled her, arching her body up toward B'Elanna's seeking hands. They explored each other at leisure, feeling waves of pleasure ripple through their bodies at each other's touch. Hands found aching sexes, and fingers stroked hard against flesh to bring them both to crashing climaxes which washed over them in a tidal wave of ecstasy that rocked their bodies for what seemed to be an eternity. B'Elanna lay with her head pillowed on Kathryn's breast and Kathryn held her in her embrace, stroking her thick, dark hair. B'Elanna felt sad as she realized that this might be just a one-time thing, something Kathryn wanted to do on the spur of the moment to satisfy her curiosity maybe. No way would this be anything more than a brief interlude, to be remembered with poignant pleasure lying in bed alone with only memories to keep you company. She wished for just the briefest second that she had made love to Kathryn with more attention to her taste and feel, and remembered the sensation of Kathryn's touch. She sighed with something akin to regret. Almost better not to have made love at all, than to have nothing but the memory of it for the rest of time. She sat up and leaned over to brush Kathryn's lips with her own. "Captain," she said earnestly, looking intently into Kathryn's eyes, "I will never forget this. You've made me happier than I've ever been in my life. Thank you." Kathryn stared at her blankly. "What's the matter? You sound like you're going away somewhere," she said, confused. B'Elanna's smile was sad. "I don't know...." she mused, "whether making love to you for real was a good idea or not." Kathryn frowned at her. "What are you getting at?" she asked. She thought she knew and she felt anger seep through her. B'Elanna sighed. "Sort of like someone with a weakness for alcohol taking a drink, knowing they can't continue," she said. "Hold it." Kathryn's voice cracked like a whip. There was real anger in her voice and it brought B'Elanna up short. "Let me see if I get this straight," Kathryn continued in a dangerously calm voice. "You think this is a one-night stand, right?" "Captain," B'Elanna said, "how can it be anything else?" Kathryn just stared at her speechless. "What the hell do you mean?" she said, when she found her voice. "I have a number of ideas about how it can be something else." She stood up suddenly. "But apparently," she added icily, "you're not interested." Without another word, she stalked toward the exit. "Computer. Arch," she snapped. "W-wait a minute! Captain!" B'Elanna scrambled to her feet. "Wait, just a minute. I'm sorry." Kathryn stopped, but didn't turn around. B'Elanna went over to where she stood. "I--I didn't think," she said. "That's for damn sure," Kathryn snapped, unwilling to let her off the hook at the moment. "I said I was sorry," B'Elanna said penitently. Kathryn turned to her, then and stared at her for a long time. "All right," she said grudgingly. "I'll forgive you this time, but if you ever start that foolishness again, you can go back to that damn hologram." B'Elanna laughed. "I think you're jealous," she teased. Kathryn snorted. "Uh-huh," she said scornfully. "I should've watched you a little longer to see how you programmed her." B'Elanna grinned. "You'll never know," she said wickedly. "Computer," she said quickly, "Delete program KJBTalpha. Omega 7." Kathryn rolled her eyes. "Ha,ha," she scoffed. "You might be sorry you did that." B'Elanna stepped closer to her and encircled her with her arms, kissing the tip of her nose. "No," she said softly. "I don't think so." --- Copyright 1998 ILuvKate --- The End