The BLTS Archive- Missing Scene: The Wrath of The Prophets by Joanne Collins (luchenbackoutlaw@gmail.com) --- Everything Trek is the property of Paramount/Viacom. Ideas and concepts from the novel Wrath Of The Prophets belong to Michael Jan Friedman, Peter David and Robert Greenberger. When I read the DS9 novel, Wrath Of The Prophets, I thought it was a wonderful idea to have Kira and Ro meet. But I'd have *really* liked it if there had been...more to it. So, seeing that the writers were slightly constrained for the usual reasons, here is what *really* happened during the night the two women spent in the prison. This story takes place between pages 146 and 159 of the novel, and the end of the story takes place just after the "official" goodbye scene on page 247. It is not necessary to have read the novel to read this story, but there are spoilers for the novel in this story. Some of the dialogue is copied directly from the novel, especially the beginning paragraphs. I'm not absolutely certain that the girls were on first name terms at this point, but as they're going to sleep together, I take the dramatic licence of allowing them to call each other by their first names. For those unaware, this is an f/f slash story. Do not read further if the thought of two women making love offends you or if you are not of an appropriate age. This story takes place in the same universe as my story I Love You, Goodbye, but again it is not necessary to read that story before reading this one. You should be aware that Ro had a relationship in that story with Chakotay, and that relationship will be referred to in this story. Feedback is appreciated, but no flames, please, this is my first attempt at f/f. --- Kira didn't know what to do. She and Ro Laren had been captured, and it was likely that they would be sold as slaves. Ro had tried to break out, planning (she said) for it to be both of them, and had gotten a nasty cut from the guard for her trouble. The Maquis shook her head. "That's not all I got." "Oh? What else?" "Well," Ro said, "Considering he had a knife in his belt, I didn't think that he would particularly miss the one in his boot." And she held up a fairly nasty-looking blade. Kira gasped in suprise. "How did you--?" "When he shoved me to the ground, I noticed a hilt peeking out of his boot. As he kicked me back into the cell, I snatched it." She smiled grimly. "What I figure is, sooner or later, they're going to have to come in here to get us--to transfer us to the Place. And when they do--" "And when they do, armed with only a knife and our good looks, we take down however many people are sent in here," Kira said skeptically. "People who in turn might be armed with who-knows-what. Great plan there." "You have a better idea?" Ro asked. Then she rolled her eyes. "Why do I even ask?" 'You know, her "good looks" are a pretty high arsenal of weaponry,' Kira thought, irrelevantly. Kira outlined her plan, to make it look like she had stabbed Ro in a fit of anger, then they could subdue the guard. "That's an...acceptable plan," Ro almost choked on the words. "When?" "Not for at least a few hours. The less people around the better, so it's a good idea to leave it till later. I suggest that we both get some sleep." Kira didn't notice the haunted look that crossed Ro's face at the mention of sleep, and got into one of the narrow bunks. She decided to sleep in her clothes, as the cell, while clean, was not exactly warm, and they had only a thin blanket each, which they had been told (repeatedly) could be taken away. Although this wasn't the most comfortable place Kira had ever slept, it was a far cry from some of the places she had slept in as a member of the Bajoran Resistance. "Kira - Nerys, may I ask you something?" "Of course, Laren. I ddin't suggest we sleep for any *particular* reason, I just thought it might be more comfortable. Maybe I was wrong." "I was just wondering if you had had the same thought I had. That you've slept in worse places?" "Prophets, yes. Much worse. Of course I was still free, at it were, then." "Freedom...that's what it's all about, isn't it?" "I guess so. And maybe the way it's gotten isn't as important as the fact of it sometimes." "What do you mean?" "Well...I don't *approve* of what you're doing, but I do understand it. Probably better than you think I do." "I think I understand. Thank you, Nerys." Kira couldn't stifle a yawn. "I think that you're right, Nerys. We, or at least you, do need some sleep." "Not you?" "I'll try. I have...trouble sleeping." "Any particular reason?" "Just...things that have happened to me in life." Ro's tone did not welcome more questions. "Goodnight, Laren." "Goodnight, Nerys." Kira drifted into a peaceful doze, while Ro tossed and turned for several minutes before falling into a light, troubled sleep. As she had known they would, the dreams, or more correctly memories, began almost immediately. First, the meeting with him, as a student, knowing that although she would give her life to know him more intimately, it could never be. His resignation, and the moment they'd shared. Then, almost a year later, meeting him again for a few brief hours, finally knowing the joy of making love to him. Working together, as colleagues, although they had not had the chance to be together again as lovers, he had almost immediately taken up with a Bajoran in his unit. And then...his disappearance. The ship he'd been flying was not the best, and no one knew what had happened. Whether the ship had been destroyed in the plasma storms, or something else. Ro could see the ship being destroyed, the flesh and bones of the crew being torn apart. Then the Captain was destroyed, and as he did, all she could hear was his voice saying, "Goodbye, Laren," something that they had had to say too often during their all-too-brief time together. She screamed his name, "CHAKOTAY," several times, then realised that a gentle hand was shaking her shoulder. "Laren, wake up." "Nerys?" Her voice was fuzzy, but she knew where she was. "Some nightmare. I presume it's why you have trouble sleeping?" "Yes. I...lost someone recently. I don't know what happened, and it's not knowing that's worse." "Do you want to talk about it?" "His name was Chakotay." Kira smiled, "I had gathered that." "Sorry. Anyway..." and Ro told Kira the story of her complicated relationship. "It's always difficult when you lose someone. But if you get to say goodbye...at least that's something," Kira sounded wistful, remembering Bareil. "Thanks, Nerys. I think I needed to talk this out. I haven't found anyone I was comfortable enough with to do that. Until now." "I'm glad," and Kira reached out a hand. Ro took it, and before Kira knew what she intended, she was covering the other woman's lips with her own. Ro struggled a little, and Kira drew back, about to apologise, when she saw the unmistakable look of desire on the other woman's face. Ro realised what Kira was thinking, and smiled, almost apologetically. "I'm sorry. This bunk has more lumps than..." "You do want...this?" Kira kissed her again. "Yes. Yes, I do. I don't know why, but I do. And it's not just a warm body. I mean, I want *you*, Nerys." "We could try my bunk. I don't think it's as lumpy." "All right," and Ro stood. Kira pulled her against her, feeling her softness and her strength as their bodies moved together. Ro planted light, gentle kisses over Kira's face, eventually reaching the ridges on the bridge of her nose. These she licked, gently, causing moans of pleasure from her lover. Then Kira returned the caresses, long, gentle kisses over that creamy, smooth skin, lighter than her own, then the gentle licking of the ridges, something most Bajorans found arousing. Kira kept kissing down the slope of Ro's neck, gently biting at the joining of neck and shoulder, and Ro moved her head back, allowing better access for Kira's lips and tongue. The cell was lighted dimly, but enough for the lovers to see each other. "Prophets, you are beautiful," Kira whispered, gently removing Ro's clothing. "So are you," replied Ro, doing the same for Kira. Kira could feel dampness forming in her centre, and she moved a hand between them, searching for the same dampness in Ro's. Ro gasped as the clever fingers found her sensitive places, and she almost fell back on Kira's bunk. Kira smiled, and continued her explorations of Ro's upper body with her mouth, while her fingers drove her lover wild with passion. As she took a breast into her mouth and sucked the nipple to erection, she found Ro's clitoris with her relentlessly moving fingers. As she moved two inside her, she stroked the nub of flesh, and Ro's cries were almost screams. Then she moved a third finger inside, while scissoring the sensitive organ between thumb and forefinger. It was all Ro could take, sending her screaming over the edge, flooding Kira's hand again and again with her juices as she contracted around her. Kira moved, settling Ro next to her, and the women held each other for several moments. When she could speak again, Ro whispered, "That was incredible. I haven't been with anyone for so long, and...I'm glad it was you." "Ro, have you...been with women before?" "Yes. I enjoy both men and women as lovers." "I'm glad. Not that I would have *minded* being your first." "Ah," Ro smiled, almost evilly, "But then I wouldn't have know how to do this..." and she was kissing a trail down Kira's body, stopping at the collarbone, the breasts, taking long moments over each of the beautiful mounds of flesh, nibbling the nipples into hard points, then moving over the flat stomach, nuzzling the auburn curls, then licking gently at the folds of flesh that covered Kira's centre. Sighs and moans indicated that Ro was doing something right, and she gently separated the lips, dipping her tongue into the moist warmth, tasting Kira's essence, salty, but sweet, and Ro couldn't get enough of it. She then began exploring the flesh outside, the folds, and the clitoris hidden in the folds. As she took the nub of flesh into her mouth, Kira's hips thrashed, and she moaned, more loudly than before. Ro kept licking and sucking at the sensitive flesh, and began exploring Kira's centre with her fingers, moving them in and out, gently at first, then, as she began sucking harder, moving faster. The clever fingers and tongue did their work, and Kira came with a scream. Both women were too exhausted to do anything more than sleep after that. After managing to escape, the women had a friendly farewell (not too friendly, it *was* in front of Captain Sisko), and Kira returned to her quarters. She found a PADD and a Bajoran earring. Written on the PADD was: Nerys, Thank you for everything. I think we worked well together, and more. Please accept this earring as a token of my respect and esteem for your talents. Until we meet again (and we will), Laren. Kira attached the earring to her ear, then went to see Captain Sisko. This... relationship would not be allowed to interfere with her work. It was all she had... for now. --- The End