Bitter Pill to Swallow

by Amiroq
---

Harry sighed. Harry fidgeted. Harry stared at the ceiling and muttered something under his breath. "Aren't you done, Doc? I really need o get back to work," Harry said.

"Hmmm..." The Doctor continued running a scanning device over him, then checked the results. "Well, Ensign, it appears you've over-exerted yourself."

Harry blinked. "I what?"

The Doctor started walking back towards his office, and Harry jumped off the bed to follow him. "You're tired," he explained. "I suggest you take a day off, get some rest. Do something fun."

"Are you sure? It's not an alien virus, some sort of energy draining device. . . an STI even? And what about the symptoms? The fatigue. . ."

The EMH wondered vaguely who, exactly, the Ensign thought he might have caught an STI from, but then decided that was better left well alone. "I assure you, it's nothing unusual. Everything gets burnt out occasionally. I'm surprised you haven't had it sooner. As to the fatigue, well. . . that's a very common side-affect of tiredness," he added drily. "Go home, Ensign. Get some rest. And if I hear you've been anywhere near Sciences, Engineering or T&E, I will be forwarding a complaint to the Captain."

Harry sighed and left without further complaint, and the Doc smiled to himself. Sometimes, the truth really was a bitter pill to swallow.

---

End


back