A Friend's Honor

by Akira
---

Archiving: PKSP, PKelite

---

"Aaaaaaaaagh!" Tom sat up in bed suddenly and kept screaming for a while.

Harry, who was frightened awake every night for this whole week, almost fell off the bed. "Tom?"

"Oh my god, Harry!" Tom said holding a pillow tight. "They have come for me again!"

"Who Tom?"

Tom started to explain but it was like something was making him not talk. He just held the pillow more tight and kept shaking.

Harry wrapped his arms around Tom again and lay down with him when he was more calm. Not knowing what to do next, Harry ran his fingers in Tom's dishwater blonde hair and tried to make him go back to sleep.

It took almost two hours, but Tom went to sleep finally. Harry could not sleep any more even though he did not have much sleep for over 8 days. So he covered Tom with another blanket from the closet and then he put on his clothes and went outside.

---

"Tom? No no Tom, go back to sleep!"

"Harry. . . oh my gosh! You are bloody!" Tom said, looking in shock at Harry. "What has happened??"

"Never mind." Harry said as he took off his bloody clothes and threw them into the matter recycler. "I am going to shower now."

Tom ran after Harry into the sonic shower, getting himself cleaned right in his pajamas. "Harry, I am glad you are not hurt, but why did your clothes have blood all over it?"

"Please do not ask me that anymore!" Harry yelled.

Tom jumped when Harry yelled; he was not used to Harry using a harsh voice like that.

"I am sorry, Tom, I didn't mean it." Harry wrapped his arms around Tom and kissed him on the cheek. "Tom, I thought we should go on a vacation on a planet very far away from here. Outside Federation space. Please pack your clothes, it will be fun!"

"This is very short notice!" Tom said walking out of the shower.

"Yes, but I thought it would be a good idea if we go to have a vacation. Don't worry because I have told your work that you will not be coming and I have take some time off too so we can have fun! Now go pack please!"

Tom packed a case for himself then started to pack one for Harry. Harry ran out of the shower real fast. "Quick! We have to leave or we will be late!"

Tom was going to ask more questions but when he saw Harry's serious face, he decided to ask questions later and they went into their Theta Flyer and took off.

Tom and Harry had forgotten to turn off their entertainment viewer and there was a news story shown on it long after they could have seen it. The newsreporter came on and did not smile like many news reporters would.

"Today we have seen the murder of 19 ex-prisoners all over the Earth, on Space Stations 78 and 12 and throughout the inner planets. The authorities are now searching for Harry Kim, if you have seen him or know his whereabouts please contact the authorities in your area. . ."

There was a loud crash and the authorities burst through the door of Tom and Harry's apartment, but they could not find them anywhere.

---

End


back