The Threesomes chat - introductions

The feature chat concentrating in threesomes in X-Files slash fanfiction was held Saturday September 4th, 1999. The featured guests were - Merri-Todd Webster, Xanthe, JiM, MJ and Drovar

Merri-Todd Webster:

I've written fanfiction for Star Trek: Voyager, The X-Files, and The Sentinel. Most of it has been slash, but I've written two trio stories in the Voyager universe, "Epiphany" and "Triptych", and quite a few in the XF universe: the six-part Wet Dreams series, "Show and Tell," featuring Mulder, Scully, and Pendrell, and my longest story, "I Don't Remember How It Happened".  I enjoy writing the dynamics of a relationship where a woman is present, loved, and desired, but the two men are also in love with one another. It mirrors in some way my experience of real life, where men who love men and men who love women mingle, and women love them and are loved by them in a variety of ways. All my stories can be found here.

 
Xanthe:

I write all kinds of fanfic (slash, het, BDSM, friendship etc), usually with Skinner as the central character. Threesomes are a particular favorite of mine, especially when the burly AD gets to play piggy in the middle with his 2 naughtiest agents. Nexus is my huge, serious, threesome WIP which is my most complex work to date . All my threesomes are Skinner/Mulder/Scully, and they have their own separate page on my website, which can be found here.


JiM:

As to my threesome history?....Well, MJ and I wrote the "I Still Have Plans to go to Mexico" saga,which seems to have spawned six prequels and two sequels and is showing no signs of letting up. In brief, it's M/Sk/K. We wrote ours at the same time Kass published "Out of the Cold" and we were all appalled at the similarities. But she's cool and there really was no way any of us knew the others were writing. In fact, we've all become fast friends, once the gnashing of teeth and wailing was over. now, she loves our stuff. <g> Basically, we posited Mulder and Skinner as a happily monogamous couple post-winning (whatever that meant). Mulder tracks down a beaten-dwon Alex Krycek and drags him home to recuperate, from a sense of obligation. One thing leads to another and the three men do wind up in bed, in a hell of a hot scene. (I can say that - I lost the coin toss and had to write it and I nearly went bald and insane from the strain! Neither MJ nor I really love writing graphic sex)

It has a sequel called "Three Men in a Boat", which also has a pretty decent
threesome scene as well.

The tales (or the links to MJ's page) can be found here.


MJ:

The history of me and M/K/Sk? Well... blame JiM, it's all her fault. She thought we should get together and write a nice happy little M/K/Sk PWP, since we hadn't read any we really liked. Little knowing what fate had in store, I said it sounded like fun. The cute little PWP just kept growing... and growing... and growing... and became "I Still Have Plans to Go to Mexico"...and has spawned prequels by both of us, a sequel by JiM, and a Part Two that is currently in the works. I claim the credit for the opening barroom brawl, AND for turning Alex Krycek into an accounting major in college, but the sex is mainly JiM's doing. As for the plot... um... it just sort of happened, no matter what we pretend. I guess it was channeled to us by our muses. (I don't know who JiM's muses are, but mine must be the Marx Brothers.)

We were in the beta stage, wearing out beta readers -- and losing friends, I think -- faster than we could blink when we saw "Out of the Cold" being posted by Kassandra. And then we had to go lie down, because we were trying to figure out how she'd written exactly the same scene we'd just finished having beta'd. This amazing coincidence introduced us to the Group Mind of slash writers in which Kass believes (and me too, now that I've met it).

Our betas were busily warning us that we had the disaster of the century on our hands, but Kass wisely told us to Go Forth and Publish... and apparently, she was right. We were ready to change our names and fandoms when JiM posted the first installment, preparing to meet our doom, but we seem to have survived this far.

My page is here  and there is a direct "Mexico" link right there.

Drovar:

I never know what to say in these short introductions so I'll stick to the basics. My name is drovar, it's my only alias and as far as I know no one else on the net uses it. So if you see the name somewhere you can be fairly certain that it's me.

I entered the X-Files slash fandom following "The Kiss" in TRATB. I must admit that I was an ardent M/K guy at first and lived and breathed M/K for awhile. As I read my way through the MKRA archive and lurked in chats and mailing lists, I kept hearing about this little weasel called Spender that no one seemed to like. I was prepared to hate him. It didn't exactly turn out that way. Once Spender  walked onscreen my infatuation with M/K gave way to a much deeper obsession <g> Those that know me online know that I'm a Spender freak pure and simple. If it isn't Spender . . . I'm only vaguely interested.

Now, as to threesomes, I've written a couple, one m/m/m one m/m/f which is basically a m/m story. You can find these at my Spenderfic archive called The Ferret Cage (along with lots of other Spenderfic). Specifically you can find my Spender/Pendrell/Krycek humor piece here.

And my Spender/Krycek/Fowley story here.

I'm also hard at work on a new Spender/Pendrell/Krycek story called "The Rat Pack". I'll be posting the first segments shortly.

Continue to the chat log.