This is Tangent Z Part Seven, which tangented from A at roughly post 137, going from Z.136 to 158.

**************

136 = the lady of shalott =

"I thought you were going to be at that party all weekend," Blair said, keeping his voice calm and level as he slowly edged towards the back of the car. Behind his back, he closed his fist carefully around his keys, letting the jagged ends stick out between his fingers.

Terry advanced on him, eyes bright and feverish. "I ran out of money and went back for more," he snarled. "And not a lousy three grand more, either, you little shit!"

"You blew $400 in a couple of hours?" Blair asked incredulously, forgetting to be calm. "How much coke did you *do*?"

Enraged, Terry jumped and grabbed at Blair's shoulders. The smaller man ducked under the uncoordinated attempt and slashed out with the keys towards Terry's face, following that up with a hard kick to the groin when the other whore flinched back from the keys.

Panting, Blair eyed the curled-up, whimpering body of his ex-roommate. He crouched down by Terry's head as the whimpers gradually quieted and said, "Look, man, you helped me out the only way you knew how when I had to get money fast. And I owe you for showing me the ropes. But I've been giving you a 50% cut for months now, and living with you has meant taking care of you when you get yourself fucked up more often than not. The debt is paid, man. So leave me the fuck alone."

Blair stood up and walked into the house to collect up his stuff. With his mother's hospital bills covered, he could afford a hotel.

**************

137A = Emily Dachowitz =

"Finally!" Blair thought tiredly, he could get out of the living hell that was living and working with Terry Farrell.

Maybe he could get back to working on his degree? Fat chance! He'd look in to it anyway. It wasn't just his idea it was his mother's as well. Considering his condition that was practically a dying request.

If he went back to school, he wouldn't be lying anymore. He could live an honest life once again. Maybe down the road he could consider connecting with James Ellison. Just thinking about him gave a delicious tingle. The sex was great but, he didn't want to exchange an almost pimp for a keeper.

James J. Ellison was a controller. If Blair took up James' offer he'd be a puppet on his string. He didn't want to lose his newly won freedom to be James' puppet.

But...it was so good with James! Maybe.... the phone rang interrupting his thoughts

"James?"

**************

137B = Sorka =

He found himself at one of the better hotels in the city. His bags taken to his room, not a suite, but a nice well appionted room. There was a large bathroom, and all the hot water he could ever want. He scrubbed his skin and wished he could remove his last encounter with Terri from his mind as easily.

He ordered a pasta salad from room servise, and set about looking for something to wear tonight for his date. He couldn't believe that he was actually going to have a date. Okay, the guy was married, but there was just something about James Ellison.

He'd see how things went. If it didn't work out... Well, at least he wouldn't need to do *that* kind of work anymore. Best of all, he had money to finish his studies.

**************

138 = Cynthia of the Many Names =

[Assuming Ellison lets you keep it.]

Now *there* was a cheerful thought. [Paranoia rules my little world.] He didn't think James -- Jim -- could cancel the checks at this point. On the other hand, he could still hear the purred '*my* property'.

[So, maybe he's helping me out until he knows for certain what my price is?]

Another cheerful thought. This evening was already getting interesting, and James wasn't even here yet. Blair pulled the new blue sweater off its hanger with more force than necessary. Slacks -- *not* skintight, thankyouverymuch -- and this, and he'd be respectable enough for the resteraunt he'd chosen.

**************

139 = Melissa R Elsworth =

Blair waited in the lobby of the hotel. He had managed to find an appropriate date outfit, one not connected to what he was already starting to think of as his other life, and definitely not blatantly provocative like he would wear before, either. A loose fitting, long sleeved sapphire blue shirt, with a conservative tie, loose black slacks and a matching sweater to ward off an evening chill. Blair wasn't sure where he would take James, but thought that the hotel restaurant would suffice.

Blair noticed James as he walked into the hotel. Blair walked up to him, "Hello James. How are you this evening." Blair tried to set the tone as nothing more than just friends meeting for dinner, but couldn't ignore the feelings that he was having.

**************

140 = the lady of shalott =

James forcibly restrained himself from licking his lips as he followed Blair into the hotel's elegant restaurant, and made a mental note to have his secretary obtain sheets of that same sapphire silk. They slid into a cozy booth, away from the bar.

Drinks ordered, James leaned back and studied Blair. "What did you do to your hair?" he asked neutrally.

Blair ran his fingers through the strands he'd blow-dried straight, whose tips almost brushed his shoulders. "The waif look is so not me," he said firmly. "I think I'll grow it out."

The thought of long, dark curls to sink his hands into had James shifting uncomfortably on the leather seat as the waiter deposited a martini at his place, a glass of red wine at Blair's. When the man had left, James sipped and abruptly said, "Anderson won't be bothering you anymore."

Blair blinked at him. "Who? Oh, the jerk who showed up at the restaurant?" He shrugged and said matter-of-factly, "He hasn't bothered me since I introduced his balls to his throat when he tried to rape me."

**************

141 = Sorka =

"Tried?" James felt a weight lift from his chest. "He made it sound like he did more than try."

Blair's eyes darkened. "Some people have a sick way of thinking about sex. He'd rather people thought he'd raped a whore than have to admit he nearly coughed up his balls from that kick I planted."

They looked into each other's eyes for a moment, both showing a little more than they intended. James cleared his throat, and looked down at the menu.

"So, are you going back to school now?" he asked casually.

"That is the plan," Blair smiled. "Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the graduate classes next semester." He narrowed his eyes at the older man. "So, tell me, how did you end up as a corporate big wig?"

**************

142 = the lady of shalott =

James shrugged. "I went on a business trip to Europe with my dad summer before my senior year," he said. "His assistant got sick and I got roped into helping. The experience and references from some of my dad's pals got me into Wharton." He downed the rest of his drink. "The rest is history."

"Any family? Besides the Ice Queen, that is?"

James nearly choked on his drink. *Ice Queen. Well, if the shoe fits...* "My dad's retired, my brother's a VP at some management company," he said negligently.

"Mom?"

"She's dead," James said with finality. "What's with all this small talk?"

Blair rolled his eyes. "Small talk? Jeez, man, what do *you* usually talk about when you're on a date?"

**************

143 = Melrae =

James shrugged, "Business, mostly. Remember I'm married, when I dated the Ice Queen as you so aptly dubbed her. Our relationship started out as a mutual convenience. It helped my standing to be married and I certainly gave her a boost when I married her."

Blair stared at him, "So no one has cared enough to delve deeper than the surface have they?"

"No, just what they can get out of me, be it a contract, sex, or whatever else they think being seen with me can do for them." James said with, to himself at least, uncharacteristic regret.

"It's sad, James. You're as much a whore as I am."

**************

144 = Owlet =

James stared at Blair in disbelief. A whore? The little bastard thought he was a *whore*?! James J. Ellison wasn't a whore, he was…he was…

Lonely.

And with that thought came another idea.

He wanted Blair so much--with Blair the hurt eased, the pain, the pride. He wanted him in his arms, smelling the pure, clean musk of his arousal, wanted to prove to Blair that it wasn't just about the money. He wanted to see his bed again, rumpled and smelling of sex, and see an equally rumpled Blair in it. He wanted Blair to take him, to show him exactly how much pleasure his body could stand.

He wanted to hold him

He wanted to help him.

James leaned across the table and purred, So, I'm a whore, am I? Well, then, why don't *you* buy *me* for tonight?"

**************

145 = the lady of shalott =

Blair blinked at James in momentary incomprehension. Then, as he realized what the other man was suggesting, he swallowed against the sudden rush of heat to his groin. His eyes stroked over the broad shoulders, remembering the smooth skin, the firm muscles, and he licked his lips involuntarily.

His cock rising to attention from nothing more than the sultry one-over Blair was giving him, James clenched one fist in tension beneath the table. *Say yes,* he urged silently. *Say yes.*

Maybe it was the wine. Maybe it was his new freedom, headier than any brew. Whatever the reason, Blair tossed his napkin on the table, along with a fifty to cover the drinks and appetizers they'd eaten. He stood and held out a hand, demanding, imperious. "Let's go."

James' eyes were bright with desire as he took the strong hand in his own and let Blair lead him up to the hotel room.

**************

146 = Sorka =

Blair practically dragged James into his room in his haste to get him there. With quick movements he put out the 'Do Not Disturb' sign. Once the door was closed, and locked tight for the night, Blair turned to face James: what he saw made his mouth water. The older man was reclined on the bed, his loose slacks couldn't hide his obvious arousal. He had opened his shirt to the fourth button, showing off his well defined chest.

"Is this what you want?" James asked in a husky voice. "It's your's for the right price."

Blair approached him slowly, his eyes dark and heated. "With a body like that I'll pay almost anything. How much do you want?"

James shivered slightly as Blair climbed on the bed and straddled his chest.

**************

147 = Pumpkin =

Legs held his sides tightly, a hot spot pressed against his chest and it took a minute for his aroused and befuddled mind to realise it was Blair's erection. He arched his back, the movement causing his chest to roll against Blair's groin and they moaned in tandem. He thrust his hips into the empty air and repeated the arch with his back.

"Careful, you wouldn't want to appear to eager, it would drive your price down…" Blair paused, making sure James' eyes were on his, panting slightly as his hips began to rock of their own accord, "little whore."

**************

148 = Cynthia Selene =

James' eyes narrowed at the phrase, but then the sensations caused by Blair's movements coursed through him. Throwing his head back, baring his throat, a low growl escaped him. Through half-closed eyes, he watched the younger man as he leaned forward and attached his mouth to the juncture of James' throat and shoulder. Nimble fingers worked at the cloth of his half-open shirt, pushing it off of his shoulders. The luscious mouth continued its assault upon James' skin, sucking, licking and nibbling, and finally attaching itself to one of his nipples. Moans escaped from James almost continuously, as the talented mouth worked its magic. The sensory experience was almost too much for him to bear; his cock was hard and heavy, leaking continuously as it strained against the confines of his trousers. He was losing control, his benumbed mind realized, as he felt

Blair's body lie full length against his, pressing their constrained cocks together. Somewhere in his rapidly diminishing though processes, his mind shrieked its displeasure at his capitulation to the young whore.

**************

149 = Sorka =

Blair pulled back a little, slowing down thier frantic movement. He sat up again, this time strattling Jame's thighs. His breath was coming in hard gasps. He knew they were both close, his first instinct was at complete their heated passion as quickly as possible, but he wanted this to last.

"Did you know, that a man with a body like your's could make a thousand dollars a week turning tricks?" Blair asked, unbuttoning James' pants, and easing the zipper down slowly. He pulled down the pants and boxers as far as the could go from his possition, freeing James hard cock from its confines.

"Little whore, I may be," James said hustily. "But the only john I'll ever work for is you."

**************

150 = the lady of shalott =

Blair's hands stilled momentarily on his body, then suddenly Blair was kissing him, the strong hands cupping his head, fingers lacing through his hair. James trembled as the lips softly teased at his, the tongue gently exploring, conquering him more thoroughly than an aggressive assault.

"Jim," came the soft whisper, that private name.

"Blair," he groaned softly, surrendering. "Oh, god, Blair..." One hand slid over his chest, pinching his nipple on the way down. The trim body blanketed his own, hard cock nudging between his thighs while his own cock throbbed, trapped between their bodies. Eager, desperate, he spread his legs further apart, tilting his hips up.

**************

151 = Bast =

He moaned, rubbing against Blair.

"Like this? Do you?" Blair whispered as he left a trail of hot kisses down James face and neck to his chest. He sucked gently on James' nipple, running his hands over James' body.

"Yesssss....don't stop, please, baby don't stop." James heard that voice and realized it was coming from him. God he sounded needy. But he did need Blair, didn't he? Isn't this where this whole thing had been heading?

He was brought back from his thoughts by the younger man reaching down to stroke his cock while sucking on his other nipple.

"Oh Blair!!" he moaned, thrusting into Blair's hand.

**************

152 = Deb =

Responding to the unspoken plea in the older man's voice, Blair tightened his grip while tenderly manipulating the swollen balls found below. Soft kisses peppered the hairless chest in front of him. A particularly hard thrust from the older man, almost unseated him and he smoothly moved back to again cover the supine form.

"Luckily for you I'm not most 'johns'." Blair purred. "Usually the whore provides the pleasure, not receives it. If you're really fortunate, you get one who doesn't mind if you jerk yourself off after he comes."

Ellison froze, then caught and held the blue eyes in a locked gaze. "Then they're fools who don't deserve to touch you."

**************

153 = Shinzia =

"Didn't." Blair's voice was harsh.

Pleasure and puzzlement warred with each other across Ellison's face. "Didn't," he murmurred and then caught his breath as Blair slowly rubbed his thumb over the head of James' cock.

"That's right. *Didn't.* Past tense. Not an issue....now." Blair was finding it difficult to form words. The sight of the man pinned below him, the feel of him in his hand was driving away any ability for speech. Blair groaned as he thought of what he'd rather be doing with his mouth.

"Oh, GOD!" James' voice rose as he felt Blair's wet, hot and oh so talented mouth close over his cock. Blair slid his tongue up and down, tasting James. This was much better than talking.

**************

154 = Sorka =

Then heat was gone as Blair pulled away again. This time, to remove as much of his own clothes as possible. The new shirt and sweater were tossed carelessly onto the floor. With a whimper of loss, James reached out and unfastened his pants, wanting to see Blair in all his glory.

Blair leaned in to steal a hot kiss, and found himself pulled down by James arms. Their tongues danced together as they clumsily kicked their pants and boxers off.

The delicious slid of skin on skin pulled a moan of pleasure out of both men. James wrapped his legs around Blair's, pulling him close, bringing their hard cocks into alignment.

**************

155 = Pathos =

Neither man could hold back a gasp as their cocks touched intimately. Blair grasped both cocks with his hand and began to pump them ever so slowly. His other hand resting on James' torso for balance. Of their own accord, his fingers sought out and found the buds already standing stiff and swollen on James' chest.

"You know Jim, we never did settle on your price." Blair panted

He lent over so that he could rim the ear of the man laying on the bed, hand still pumping the two cocks slowly.

"So........what is your price James?" he whispered softly into his ear.

**************

156 = Bast =

James' squirmed under Blairs' relentless assault. He felt as though he would explode any second, and he didn't have any control over what was happening to his mind...his body....his heart. Oh shit, his heart.

Blair smiled at him as though he could read his mind. Blair licked down to James' neck and back up to his ear. "James, I'm waiting. What's your price?"

James growled deep in his throat, and before Blair could quite grasp how he did it, James had him pinned underneath James' hard, sexy body. Blair wiggled and wrapped his legs around James waist. James began thrusting his cock against Blair's. Their bodies were covered in sweat, making the friction sweet torture.

"Oh God yes Blair. Blair. Blair. Blair." James chanted with each thrust.

**************

157 = Sorka =

Lost in their own world of pleasure, they rushed toward completion. It was over quickly. With one last thrust upward, Blair came. "Jim!" James was only a moment behind him, crying out Blair's name in a loud moan as he fell over the edge.

They lay facing each other, in a loose cuddle. Silent as their racing hearts slowed down. Blair smiled softly, "You never set your price."

James gazed at him, a look of profound sadness slid across his face. //I don't think either of us could afford what I really want.// "I remember what you said, 'some things can't be bought'. Maybe we could keep a running tab, somewhere along the line we're bound to come out even."

**************

158 = Bast =

Blair reached up and laid his hand on James' cheek. "Why the sad look?"

James closed his eyes, ashamed. Ashamed that he could not tell this beautiful young man that he was falling in love with him, ashamed that he wanted to show him the depth of his love', ashamed that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him.

"Can't you tell me?" Blair asked.

James shook his head no.

Pulling James close, Blair wondered where the cold, calculating hardass of a man had gone, leaving in its place a man capable of showing love to another human being. He didn't really care. Being able to hold James in his arms and being held in turn was his idea of Heaven.

"Heaven." He murmured.

**************

Continued in Part Eight Z