By heidi



Kevin shifted the pack to sit more solidly on his back as he maneuvered through the crowd of the L.A. airport.  With a swift shift to the left, he was able to deftly sidestep a small child who had managed to escape his mother's grasp.  The Backstreet Boys had toured long and toured hard, finally deciding to take a much-needed break.  Convincing management that he didn't require security had not been easy, but after reassuring them that he was visiting a friend, and probably wouldn't be out in public often, they finally agreed to let him go on his own. 

The guys, on the other hand, were a harder sell.  AJ informed him, succinctly, "Get yourself killed, and I'll make you pay for it."  Brian couldn't contemplate why his cos was heading to L.A., especially after all the complaining he had done during the tour, instead of going Kentucky with him, "Where you could get the support of your family, like you need."  Nick, well Nick was all, "L.A., huh?  Cool."  Then there was Howie, who had smiled at him knowingly.  "This wouldn't have anything to do with what calmed your battered soul during the tour when you kept disappearing, would it?"

Oh yeah, this has everything to do with what calmed him during the tour.  Kevin smiled to himself as he approached the rental agency.  He just hoped that Angel still wanted to see him.

*~*~*

"Another beautiful day in L.A.  All I need is another mind numbing vision to make the morning complete."  Doyle walked into the office before carefully lowering himself down onto the sofa.

"Oh please.  It's not that bad."  Cordelia opened the drawer to her desk, pulling out the half full bottle of aspirin.  "I mean, we actually got a check this morning in the mail."  Doyle seemed to perk up a bit at the mention of actual funds coming in, but refused to open his eyes.  "And, Angel said I could have tomorrow off."

"How does that make my day better?"

"It doesn't.  But it certain adds a little sparkle to mine."  Cordelia beamed at Doyle as she filled a cup of water.

"Excuse me.  Is Angel in?"

Cordelia instantly shifted into her work mode, placing her brilliant smile front and center before turning to look at the perspective client who just walked into their office.  They were the best kind because they might actually pay to be helped.  When her eyes settled upon the tall young man, her hand lost its grip, tilting the full cup of water onto Doyle's head.

"Whoa, whoa, Princess.   No need to be splashing water around."  Doyle finally opened his eyes, forcing himself to sit up.  "Oh hey, you're that singer, yeah?"

Kevin smiled at the two, trying to remember what Angel had told him about the people he worked with.  "Cordelia and Doyle, right?  I'm Kevin Richardson.  I met Angel a few months back."

Doyle stood up, holding his hand out.  "I'm Doyle, she's Cordelia."

Kevin shook his hand before turning to Cordelia.  "So, is Angel in?"

"Uh, yeah.  Well, I'm assuming he is.  I haven't seen him yet this morning, but that's not unusual.  You're Kevin Richardson."

"Yes.  I know."  Nodding his head towards the elevator in the next office.  "I think I'll head on down to see if he's up."

"Uh.  Okay." 

-Doyle watched the other man disappear with the elevator before turning to Cordelia, raising his brow in amusement as he watched her face return to it's natural color.

"I just made a complete fool of myself."

"It's alright, Princess.  I'm sure he's used to things like that happening to him all the time.  He's probably already forgotten about it."

"Pfft.  Whatever.  How long do you think until they get all groiny?"

Doyle got himself another cup of water, taking the aspirin from her hand.  "I have no doubt that for Angel, he's a stiffener.  But then again, we're talking about someone who likes to spend his evenings alone in the dark.  Hard to say."  Shrugging, he settled on the sofa again.  "So, what are you going to do with your free day tomorrow?"

*~*~*

Angel was moving around the kitchen area fixing eggs for two, assuming that Cordelia and Doyle were in the elevator.  He heard Cordelia an hour earlier when she squealed and did some sort of dance he couldn't recognize just from the overhead stomping.  His guess was that they finally got the promised payment from the Patilla case for ridding their house of friendly demons.  He thought they could use more cases like that even if technically they weren't really helping helpless.  Paychecks were nice.

He hadn't really realized how lost in his thoughts he had been until he felt strong masculine hands settle onto his shoulders, working away some of the strain he'd been feeling for the last week.  While the Patilla case had been pleasant, they also had to deal with a sewer demon that had been feeding off of homeless and was considerably stronger that it appeared.

Holding his nerves steady, Angel took a sniff then instantly relaxed.  "I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again."

Kevin shifted so that he could wrap his arms around Angel's waist.  "I told you I would come back."

"Yeah.  But that was kind of in the heat of the moment.  People often say something they don't mean after they've been all fleshy."

Angel's hands stilled from working the eggs when he felt Kevin's lips skim across the skin of his neck before settling at the juncture of his neck and shoulder.  A deep purr slipped from his lips as the singer nipped then suckled the area.  Kevin finally pulled away when smoke arose from the pan.  "I think the eggs are done."

"Wha?"  Angel opened his eyes before snapping from his daze.  "Oh."  He shifted the pan to a different burner as Kevin reached around him to turn the one off.  "How long are you staying?"

Kevin allowed him to turn within his arms before pulling Angel closer to him.  "Don't really know.  The group is taking a break and when we start recording again, I've talked them into coming here for at least part of the album.  So I should be around a bit."  Suddenly Kevin felt uncertain about the situation.  He had made all these plans before even telling Angel when he was returning.  He sounded as if he expected this to be a long-term relationship after spending only a few hours with the vampire.  Pulling away, he looked into Angel's eyes.  "I hope I wasn't being too presumptuous."

"No, no.  That's fine.  Even great."  His little voice giggled in glee as he thought it means regular sex for the first time in a century.  He looked over Kevin's shoulder and saw the pack sitting on the floor.  "Are you planning on staying here?"

"If you don't mind."

"Yeah.  That's great.  I only have the one bed."

This caused Kevin to step away.  "I figured we'd be sharing.  If you have a problem with me being here, I can make other arrangements."

Angel sighed as he dragged a hand across his hair.  "No.  I want you to stay, with me, in the bed.  It's just that I'm not used to someone wanting to sleep with me."  Kevin raised an amused eyebrow, clearly not believing the statement.  "Well, anyone who knows what I am.  I mean, it's not like people feel safe around a vampire, even a souled one.  Then there's the whole losing my soul the last time I slept with someone..."  Kevin's eyes practically doubled in size.  Oops, maybe he shouldn't have mentioned that.

"Excuse me?"

"Uh, back several years ago, there was this girl.  Long story short, slept with girl and at the moment of, um," Angel motioned his hand, getting a nod from Kevin, "I kinda lost my soul.  Wasn't very nice to be around for a while."  Rubbing the back of his neck, he hesitated then continued.  "Girl sent me to hell at about the same time my soul was returned.  Haven't slept with anyone else but you since."

"Soooooooo," Kevin leaned against the table, crossing his arms over his chest.  "What you're saying is, you could have lost your soul when I slept with you?" 

"Sounds that way, doesn't it?"  Angel shifted nervously.  "But no.  It was safe."

"And why is that?"

He had to give Kevin credit.  They guy was just told he'd put his life in danger because he slept with a vampire and he was still standing there.  "To be honest, I'm not really sure.  Remember me telling you about Doyle?"  Kevin nodded.  "He gets visions."  Kevin continued to study him, waiting to be enlightened.  "They're from the Powers.  Usually they guide us to people who need to be helped.  But he had a vision of you."  Clearing his throat, he shifted again, "And me.  Together.  The Powers wouldn't have sent him the vision if it wasn't safe."

Kevin laughed.  "You bet your soul, let alone my life, on a vision?"

"Doyle's good.  Hasn't been wrong yet."

Kevin nodded, a slight smile still present.  "So, what was Hell like?"

"Not nice.  Wouldn't recommend it.  Full of demons."

"I'll keep that in mind.  How long were you there?"

"About 200 years, give or take."  Kevin was obviously confused.  "Time passes differently there.  One of the things that made it so bad."

"How did you get out?  I mean, I would think that once you're there you're, well, there."

Angel shrugged.  He had a couple of theories, but nothing substantiated any of them.  "Best guess, the Powers wanted me to be their champion.  I really don't know."

Kevin appeared to accept this at face value.  Thank God.  Angel had about enough of this discussion, thank you very much.  "So, where's the rest of your luggage, if you're planning on staying here for a while?"

Looking over his shoulder, Kevin nodded to the one bag.  "That's it.  Figured I could get new clothes while I was here."

"Whatever you do, don't tell Cordelia when you're going to go shopping.  She'll invite herself along and convince you to buy her a new wardrobe."

"I'll keep that in mind."  Kevin pushed himself away from the table, moving towards Angel.  "So, now that we've established that I want to be here, you want me to be here, the Powers want me to be here and," he reached out pulling Angel to him, "it's safe for us to be together, what do you think we should do now?"

Angel felt the corners of his mouth move up as wicked thoughts moved through his mind.  Just as his mouth closed over Kevin's, the door to his apartment opened.

"Angel?  Do you want Doyle and me to hang around today?"

"Cordelia."  He could feel the deep vibrations of Kevin's laugh against his chest as he glared at the young woman who seemed to have her eyes glued on them.  If he didn't know better, he'd think she planned this in hopes of catching them at something.  Oh, wait, this is Cordelia.  That's exactly what she had hoped.  "Unless Doyle gets a vision, I don't see this as a heavy work day.  I'll catch you guys on Monday."

"Oh, you're giving us a long weekend?"

Warm lips settled onto Angel's throat, starting a pattern of kissing, biting then licking before moving onto a new spot.  After a few moments, he heard Kevin's deep voice whisper into his ear.  "Don't you think you should give her an answer?"

Blinking out of his fog, he looked over to Cordelia, only to see his friend watching them, her cheeks flushed and her breathing slightly labored.  "Yes."

"Huh?"

"Yes.  You and Doyle can have a long weekend, unless the Powers choose otherwise."

"Oh, right."

Kevin had resumed his assault on Angel's neck, drawing a deep growl from the vampire.  His eyes drifting shut as he felt Kevin's hand slide under his shirt to drift over his stomach, gliding back and forth, a finger sneaking below the waistband of his pants at times.  Tilting his head back, he subconsciously gave Kevin the most trust a vampire could give to another and moaned as Kevin took full advantage of the offering.

"Princess?  You still down there?  What did Angel have to say?"

"Eep."  Kevin laughed again when they heard the young woman's steps running up the stairs.

"You think we gave her enough of a show to keep her away for a while?"

"God, I hope so."

*~*~*

"So?"

"Well, they weren't all groiny yet, but they were definitely moving in that direction."

"Ya know, if this Kevin fella hangs around long enough, Angel's might forget all about his addiction to brooding."

"God, let's hope so.  That is so yesterday's news."

"Well, you know what I think, Princess?  This calls for a celebration down at the pub."

"Oh yes.  Another cause to celebrate.  Color me shocked.  I'd be surprised if you didn't think that.  But, for a change, I think I actually agree with you this time."


back to knight moves page
back
to angel fic page
back to xover fic page
back to ndeep